Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay INFJ men... you pique a girl's interest... you're on your first date...

But normally, my INFJ nature shows through and she doesn't like the first impression. Do you have any experience with this.... and how do you deal with it?

·
Registered
143 Posts
:S if your INFJ nature showed through and she didn't like it, she's not your type :(
I feel alot of people aren't interested in nice, caring, kind-hearted people. They prefer fun, drunk, wild, shallow.
I'd go for types that are intested in kind-hearted people, like other NFs. Of course many other people like kind-hearted people too.

·
Banned
1,039 Posts
:S if your INFJ nature showed through and she didn't like it, she's not your type :(
I feel alot of people aren't interested in nice, caring, kind-hearted people. They prefer fun, drunk, wild, shallow.
I'd go for types that are intested in kind-hearted people, like other NFs. Of course many other people like kind-hearted people too.

They prefer....this is their perspective, not yours......outgoing, friendly, assertive, people person

INFJ men...hmmm....

They wouldn't necessarily be seen as "nice, caring, kind-hearted people".

They could be seen as pretentious, stuck-up, aloof, shy, or if they are really able put on the "nice guy" suit...they might be seen as a "doormat".

This is why I'm doing my best to be out of my shell when I interact with people. It isn't easy. Latley, I have been filling in the gaps with what feels like "nonsense" to me, but other people aren't as concerned with the content as I am. People still respond favorably.

I prefer to joke around as opposed to talking about the weather and things like that. I can often be facetious. That makes the conversation better for me.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
By INFJ nature, you wouldn't mean slipping into a near catatonic state of shyness and an inability to articulate the simplest of thoughts, thus peppering the lack of conversation with awkward silences, would you? If that’s the case then, no, I have no idea what you are talking about. Especially not when I was younger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts