Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You heard it -- post your favorite album cover art! We're bound to see some beautiful & striking ones on here.

If you can't narrow it down to one, please keep it at 3, tops, just so we keep the forum moving steadily along.

Here are my favorite 3:

1. Yerself Is Steam by Mercury Rev (1991)

2. Souvlaki by Slowdive (1993)

3. Unknown Pleasures by Joy Division (1979)

·
Registered
401 Posts
I could go with obvious ones like Pink Floyd or something since they almost always had good album art, but here's a few of my other favorites. I'm not even sure why I like these, either.

The Loveless cover is awesome! Great album too!

These are my personal three. It pretty much sums me up. I'd say all Iron Maiden covers are great, but Killers stands out for me. I used to have it as my avatar, which is pretty much a testament to how much I love that cover.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Damaged by Black Flag
Not real familiar with this band or album really. But this album cover, to me, makes such a powerful statement. The cover alone made me take a listen to this album. I felt like it was a force to be reckoned with, like if you listened to it the music would jump right out and punch you square in the mouth.

Astral Weeks by Van Morrison
This one is special to me, because I love this album, but also because I feel like the cover sums up what you are in store for. It's simple, but suggests a lot. It looks as if he has transcended his own body, and sometimes I feel like I do as well when listening to this album.

·
The Doer King
13,680 Posts
I love Katamari!

My fav album cover is from the Rolling Stones 1967 album Their Satanic Majesties Request. I think there were 2 versions of the cover. The one I had moved when you moved the album cover around. Depending on how you moved it you saw the band do different things. I think the second image is that version.

This is the back if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts

The Smiths - meat is murder

Manic Street Preachers - journal for plague lovers

Frank Black - show me your tears

--------------------------------------
First two because of the controversy that surrounded them. I'm not sure if the Smiths knew it would happen but I know the manics didn't and I was just as shocked. In fact I didn't notice anything wrong with it until they pointed it out :S

show me your tears because I brought that shirt at one of their shows during that tour and loved it, still do but only for around the house, bit faded these days :-/

1 - 20 of 68 Posts