1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Peter Capaldi was fantastic in Torchwood and his other Doctor Who role. He has a lot of talent and passion for the show so I think he'll be good. I can't say for sure that I'm going to like him as much as 11, he's my current favorite, but I think I'm going to like him just fine. The Doctor hasn't had gray hair in a long time, I hope there's a comment about that...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Peter Capaldi was fantastic in Torchwood and his other Doctor Who role. He has a lot of talent and passion for the show so I think he'll be good.
Yeah, he has been a fan since childhood. He has a BAFTA and an Oscar for a short film he made.

I wasn't certain about either 10 or 11 when I first saw them, but they grew on me. I need to see the new Doctor in action.
I think Ten had won me over with his first scene with Rose in the TARDIS with him observing his body changes, Rose doubting him and his regeneration going wrong.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Although I wanted the next Doctor to have been Gary Oldman ( and he is rumored to be in serious consideration for the DH movie ) I am glad the finally have an adult to play the Doctor again. I was afraid that with the course they were following, eventually I would be watching Doctor Foetus.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I was kind of hoping he'd be young again, but when I saw it was Peter Capaldi I couldn't have been more pleased. He's a great actor, and I'm excited to see what he will bring to the role despite his age and non-ginger-ness.

If they decide to go onto 13 (which, considering the show's current state, hopefully won't be a thing that is happening with Moffat at the head even though I love this show) I hope they choose someone a little more "unknown" in the acting world, considering Capaldi's successes on both The Thick of It and Doctor Who/Torchwood. That's just me, though.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter Capaldi was fantastic in Torchwood and his other Doctor Who role. He has a lot of talent and passion for the show so I think he'll be good. I can't say for sure that I'm going to like him as much as 11, he's my current favorite, but I think I'm going to like him just fine. The Doctor hasn't had gray hair in a long time, I hope there's a comment about that...
I don't remember him in Torchwood. Who did he play?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think so many people are being judgmental about Peter Capaldi being the next doctor only because they assumed it was going to be another young and attractive actor. I also assumed this but I'm going to wait and see how Peter does before deciding whether I like him or not.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts