Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What personality type would best each of the three characters portrayed by **** Foley during his tenure with the WWF/WWE?

- Mankind (1996-1998) and (1998-2000)
- Dude Love (1997-1998)
- Cactus Jack (1997-1998, 2000)

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
I would say that Cactus Jack and Mankind are introverts while Dude Love is an extrovert.

Cactus Jack and Dude Love seem to be more like sensors rather than Mankind who is more of an intuitive.

Cactus Jack seems like the most cold and calculated of the three, which would make me assume he's a thinker rather than a feeler. But Dude Love and Mankind are most definitely feelers, with Dude on the sanguine side and Mankind on the melancholy side.

Mankind seems more perceptive than judging, unlike Cactus and Dude.

So, in summation:

Cactus Jack = ISTJ
Dude Love = ESFJ
Mankind = INFP

Oh wow, I made Mankind out to be an INFP? That's interesting, since he's my personal favourite of **** Foley's three alter egos.

This was fun. :proud:

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Interesting.....

Would there be any difference between the original Mankind character and the goofier Mankind character in terms of MBTI type?
I'm not sure, but I did think about that. It seemed as though his infamous Hell in a Cell Match with The Undertaker at King of the Ring 1998 was the bridge between these two sides of the Mankind character. After that crescendo of hardcore, he started getting popular with his goofiness, and of course the whole Mr. Socko thing started up shortly after.

I'd say either side of Mankind is still an INFP, just two sides of the same coin.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
**** Foley himself seems to be an ENFP, in my opinion.

I don't quite see any of Foley's personae as Judging. I'd go:

Cactus Jack: ISTP
Dude Love: ESFP
Mankind: I'll have to agree with MM here and say (as weird as it feels to do so) INFP

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I know, right? There's just something that doesn't feel right about it, yet it's the one that makes the most sense.
It's kinda like when people say Ralph Wiggum in The Simpsons is INFP: I can't get on board with it, but I can't deny it either.

NF get seriously underrepresented as villains, but **** Foley pulled it off well. I think that's what made him such a compelling character.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
It's kinda like when people say Ralph Wiggum in The Simpsons is INFP: I can't get on board with it, but I can't deny it either.

NF get seriously underrepresented as villains, but **** Foley pulled it off well. I think that's what made him such a compelling character.
I'm with you all the way on that. When I went through The Simpsons MBTI, I was totally confident I would get Lisa Simpson as the INFP. And then it turned out it was Ralph. No offense to the character or anything, but it was kind of insulting. Didn't seem right at all. But then again, Ralph doesn't have the potential to be cynical and jaded the way Lisa can be, so I suppose it's not all bad.

Absolutely. Mankind is one of my favourite WWE characters of all time. I have a thing for the sociopaths with the tormented and complex backgrounds and psychological scarring. Likely why Kane is my personal favourite Superstar today.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
Cactus Jack: ISTP
Dude Love: ESFP
Mankind: I'll have to agree with MM here and say (as weird as it feels to do so) INFP
This is correct.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I have a thing for the sociopaths with the tormented and complex backgrounds and psychological scarring.
This dude is my favorite character since Punk looks like he's done with wrestling.

I geek out every time he does the 'we're here' to blowout.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Bray Wyatt - Psychotic INFJ?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Bray Wyatt - Psychotic INFJ?

Seems plausible.

I'd say his character is either INFJ or INTJ, depending on whether he genuinely drinks his own cool-aid (INFJ), or is just a master-manipulator, using riddles and rhetoric to control others (INTJ). Both types as villains would be extremely manipulative, but an INTJ would probably be aware they are manipulative, the INFJ would see it as "saving" or "guiding" others with no awareness of malicious intent, I doubt WWE will ever delve that deep into his (or any) character, though.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
the INFJ would see it as "saving" or "guiding" others with no awareness of malicious intent
I think that's true of Bray's character.

From what I've seen - especially after the speech to Cena "if you look in my eyes you'll see a God" I think his character is emulating an NPD cult leader.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts