Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here's a model I made where there are 3 INFP subtypes, let me know your thoughts and also whether you think the examples I put in match up correctly. Thanks! :D

Healer - INFP
Ne deficit
Si surplus
Te surplus

Correlations:
-Enneagram 6, 1, 2 and Social variant
-xLxAN
-Sanguine

Description:
The Healer subtype is the most supportive and social type. Their perceptive caring, lively charisma and quirky expressiveness are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their tedious perfectionism, attention seeking and unambitious aspirations

Labelled as: flirty, fake, annoying, edgy, melodramatic

Example Celebrities: Chloe Sevigny, Louie C.K., Florence Welch

Idealist - INFP
Ne surplus
Si deficit
Te surplus

Correlations:
-Enneagram 4, 5, 8 and Sexual variant
-xLxEI
-Melancholic

Description:
The Idealist subtype is the most intense and independent type. Their artistic depth, warm passion and determined idealism are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their pessimistic attitude, aloof demeanor and unstable emotions

Labelled as: depressing, lonely, emo, cold, distant

Example Celebrities: Kurt Cobain, Johnny Depp, Regina Spektor

Dreamer - INFP
Ne surplus
Si surplus
Te deficit

Correlations:
-Enneagram 9, 7, 3 and Self-Preservation variant
-xCUAx
-Phlegmatic

Description:
The Dreamer subtype is the most relaxed and easygoing type. Their gentle enthusiasm, daydreamy curiosity and forgiving nature are their best qualities. Their worst qualities are their disorganised clumsiness, lethargic approach and general naivety.

Labelled as: weak, messy, stupid, lazy, weird

Example celebrities: Andrew Garfield, Mary Kate Olsen, Chris Martin

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'm definitely an Idealist, no question. I kinda like these sub-categories.

Funny how I don't really realte to any of the other example celebrities except for the ones under the Idealist category. It's a good way of explaining why some INFPs are so different from others (I a lot of times cannot for the life of me relate to a lot of INFPs in the INFP forum).

·
Banned
277 Posts
Very interesting.

I'm definitely an Idealist, no question. I kinda like these sub-categories.

Funny how I don't really realte to any of the other example celebrities except for the ones under the Idealist category. It's a good way of explaining why some INFPs are so different from others (I a lot of times cannot for the life of me relate to a lot of INFPs in the INFP forum).
Ditto 100%. You healer and dreamer INFP's- I don't want to be associated with you fickle rainbow wimps! Only kidding, sort of.

1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jk rowling is an INFJ. she classifies herself has one and her kids says she is too.

and is this based on anything?

I'm definitely an Idealist.
Oh ok thanks I'll look for a different example

No its based on my own observations of the variation between myself and other INFPs. I met another INFP in real life and I was disappointed to discover that although she was clearly INFP, there was a big difference between us. I'm a dreamer and I'm pretty sure she was a Healer

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think I'm a Dreamer... although I'm also quite idealistic and very depressing. But I am definitely Ti deficit, not surplus! I have tested as both 9 and 4, and 5 and 6, but I think 9 is pretty accurate, although I feel like I might have been a 4 if I hadn't been thrown psychologically off curse, so to say. For some weird reason, I have tested as sanguine several times, but I'm definitely not, and phlegmatic is probably more correct.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I'm definitely more the "dreamer" subtype. I can also relate to the "Idealist" one though. I really kind of like this and how it can explain our differences. :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm an Idealist, though I still don't understand a lot about enneagram and other correlations, I can identify with that description as not so much with the other ones. I'm very emotionally unstable, lol.

1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@AmisAmora @Vimerge

As you both said definitely idealist subtype, I hope you don't mind me asking you these few yes or no questions? (or even elaborate if you feel like it)

1.Do you feel less caring than most INFPs
2.Would you describe yourself as daydreamy?
3.Do you feel that you lack enthusiasm?
4.Do you find it easy to get into a depressing state that you cant escape from for a long time?
5.Do you feel closer to SJs or SPs?

Thankyou

(anyone else who got idealist could answer these too)

·
Registered
993 Posts
Oh ok thanks I'll look for a different example

No its based on my own observations of the variation between myself and other INFPs. I met another INFP in real life and I was disappointed to discover that although she was clearly INFP, there was a big difference between us. I'm a dreamer and I'm pretty sure she was a Healer
oh ok just wondering lol.

if it's not based on anything then i guess "anything goes".

·
Registered
26 Posts
I would say I am most likely an Idealist, although I do daydream a lot, but that's the only thing for Dreamer here.
I think this is quite an interesting idea, as INFPs can be really different. For example a friend of mine, who clearly is INFP, is often so different from me that I tend to doubt my own type :D (But only temporary).

Reactions: Thread Killer

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@pearslug Interesting subtypes, thank you for creating them. You obviously put quite a bit of work into these.

I don't relate 100% to one subtype. Possibly I am a cross-over between healer & dreamer, because I definitely do not fit into the mold of the idealist subtype and I can relate myself to the other two to some extent. Perhaps the subtypes have subtypes :tongue: ?

Nah. Let's not go there.

1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@pearslug Interesting subtypes, thank you for creating them. You obviously put quite a bit of work into these.

I don't relate 100% to one subtype. Possibly I am a cross-over between healer & dreamer, because I definitely do not fit into the mold of the idealist subtype and I can relate myself to the other two to some extent. Perhaps the subtypes have subtypes :tongue: ?

Nah. Let's not go there.
Haha thanks, glad someone relates to healer :)

It wasn't that much hard work, the explanation is I'm an sp 9 and I have studying to do, so procrastination is on overdrive :p

·
Registered
4w5
1,535 Posts
I am definitely the idealist. These subtypes explain quite simply why I feel like I cannot really relate to most INFPs, because most of us are very quirky, sweet and empathetic. I feel completely opposite, and that's why I've always wondered if I truly am one of you. Exploring Enneagram (4w5, 4-5-8) has explained a lot to me, too.

·
Registered
5,248 Posts
I think I'd be a Healer of the 3 - I'm very strong F, relatively strong Te.

I'm a solid rLx|A|I, though, not N. I think it's true that I'm attention-seeking in terms of affection seeking and desiring affirmation, but I don't really seek the spotlight or desire to stir drama. I just appreciate when other people affirm that I'm being successful, because I have a hard time trusting myself. I'm also not sure what you mean by unambitious aspirations... that sounds sad. I have beautiful dreams about my future... I am realistic though, maybe that's what you mean. As realistic as an INFP can be. I still think I'm magical in private. :kitteh:

I would say my personal failures are more along the lines of indecisive, insecure, emotionally labile, anxious, and status-aware. I love to know what is going on - so I guess you could say I am nosy or like gossip - but it doesn't feel negative to me... it just feels like wanting to know what is going on with people in my world. I haven't ever related to or been called flirty, fake, annoying, edgy, or melodramatic. Well, maybe annoying, lol!

I do love Florence Welch but she seems ENFP to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
@pearslug

1.Do you feel less caring than most INFPs?

It's not that I really care less, but... uh... yeah, I guess I care less. I think I'm more careful about who I use up all my energy to help or care about. I do play psychiatrist to a few select friends who are more feel-y than me and need help in seeing things a little more objectively. I feel like they come to me because I tend to be cool-headed, straightforward and objective - but also am able to empathize and 'feel' what they might be feeling. Conversely, a few of my Thinker friends come to me because they see me as the Feeler who can give advice that is comprehensible and accessible to Thinkers (my NT friend, for example, comes to me when he needs advice on how to get a female NF's attention). I think my INTP fiancee also sees me as both emotionally and cerebrally accessible - which comforts him. I don't waste my energies on people who simply want to complain and don't actually want any help from me - I am not a pity machine. Go whine somewhere else.

2.Would you describe yourself as daydreamy?

Definitely. I like envisioning the future, mainly. I used like fantasizing about the past, and how I could have done things (re-playing past experiences in my head) - but gradually realized that that is a total waste of time. I also like daydreaming about how my written stories (I do creative writing in my spare time) would play out if they were films. I give them soundtracks and actors, all in my own head. It motivates me to write more. My daydreaminess has landed me in a lot of trouble, as well. I'm scared of getting a driver's license, as I'm positive that my daydreaming will result in the death of countless innocent pedestrians.

3.Do you feel that you lack enthusiasm?

It's not that I lack enthusiasm per se, but my brain and heart are very picky about what to be enthusiastic about. I get enthusiastic if a task or new hobby requires my creative input. Not a lot of things impress me or make me feel enthusiastic - but when I do get enthusiastic about something, you better expect full-throttle-enthusiasm. I stay up all night painting or writing fervently and ending up completely dead and sick the next day. If my enthusiasm had an MBTI type, it would be an ESFP. It plays hard, knows no consequences, and usually ends up passed out across a toilet bowl the next morning.

4.Do you find it easy to get into a depressing state that you cant escape from for a long time?

I used to get into depressive states during my first two years of college. I tend to go into existential depressive states, if I feel like my strong personal identity is being compromised. One time when it got particularly bad was when I was working at a job that I absolutely hated for shit money. There was no room for creative input in the job, and I was constantly pushed around by a crazy, passive-aggressive INTJ boss. It led me to taking certain medications for a while - and me shutting myself up in my room and shunning the rest of society for a few weeks.

5.Do you feel closer to SJs or SPs?

SJs. I don't know if it's because it contains my shadow type (ESTJ), but I used to be mistaken for an SJ by complete strangers - and I had no idea why. I guess it's because I tend to seem very confident and grounded when it comes to my views. Or the cool-headedness and occasional 'chop chop' attitude. I can't deny that I definitely have a little ESTJ girl running around inside me at times, though. I definitely become more SJ-like when around some particularly chaotic FP friends. I've also learned a lot from my ESTJ friend over the years. She's taught me to be more vocal about my opinions, assuring me that she thought my opinions were 'rational and usually worth being voiced'. She also kicks my Te in the butt when I get lazy and unproductive. Not all ESTJs are evil, guys.

1 - 20 of 135 Posts