Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which are you the most guilty of and why?

From reading this forum for quite some time I have an idea which ones are the most common amongst INFP's...but would like to hear it from your beautiful souls.

Wrath, Greed, Sloth, Pride, Lust, Envy, or Gluttony.

For me....sloth....mental sloth. I lack motivation until "wrath" comes into play then I mow down everybody in my path... followed by lust....I want things I shouldn't...to the point of violating my own values.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Pride would probably be my biggest fault, followed by lust.

I'm a very proud individual and I need to surround myself with people I can be proud of too. Everything that is in my life is something I value highly, and if it's not, I will detach from it. This makes me both fiercely loyal, but also easily dismissive if something gets violated.

Being proud allows me to "be myself," regardless of how others may interpret it, and it allows me to recover from any hardships a bit easier than most. Consequently, I don't "look up" to anyone because I think it holds me back, but I don't necessarily elevate myself above others either (believe it or not).

When I see people down, I try to talk to people from my own, proud perspective, and that makes me insensitive at times. I can kick myself in the ass, but other people don't necessarily want you giving them a bit of a boot. So that's something I need to work on.

Now what happens with you combine someone who is proud of himself / the people he's around and combine that with lust? That's when things get much naughtier than they would with every other type. I won't get into that now though.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Being proud allows me to "be myself," regardless of how others may interpret it, and it allows me to recover from any hardships a bit easier than most. Consequently, I don't "look up" to anyone because I think it holds me back, but I don't necessarily elevate myself above others either (believe it or not).
I completely relate to this. I am who I am and really don't care how other feel about that...I must be true to myself against all odds. I don't think I'm better than anybody...but I also don't think anybody is better than me.

Reactions: Goosefish and Lad

·
Registered
313 Posts
I'm guilty of most.
Some times I get so mad I actually want to physically hurt people..
I eat all day long.
I'm really really lazy.
And when my friends are better friends with someone else I get really jealous.
and when my friends and I are in a fight I won't be the first one to apologize usually..
Not lust really, or greed..?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Lust, envy and sloth.

oh dear :3

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
SLOTH.
Good god, I'm not even that ashamed of procrastinating. But yeah, I need to stop being lazy.
And also gluttony to a lower degree I think.
wow, that is pretty amazing...i'm always guilty about wasting time. maybe it's because i've been living with a bunch of STJ's my whole life.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
wow, that is pretty amazing...i'm always guilty about wasting time. maybe it's because i've been living with a bunch of STJ's my whole life.
I just keep lying to myself that I'll get to it until the very last minute then try to finish. I guess sometimes I get to feeling guilty depending on how my progress is going in school.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Lust and wrath are pretty close, but I think wrath has a slight edge there. I'm very proud to display all those sins, though. I am so eternally damned, I have VIP tickets to all the hot (pun) shows down there reserved already.

477 Posts
Sloth.

I don't really like the idea of the Seven Deadly Sins in the first place, however. It isn't "evil" to have these flaws, it's a natural part of being a human.

"Sloth", for instance, used to be necessary for survival. You had to conserve your energy so that you could be ready for an intense situation that might come at any time, such as chasing after prey / fleeing from a predator. Gluttony was necessary, because food could be scarce in ancient times and your body had to prepare for going without it for long stretches. And Lust... well, we have to procreate for our species to survive, don't we?

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Sloth. I can be disorganized, and lazy. Gluttony should be on there too, for possible engrossment in mental hideaways.

Reactions: Memphisto

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Pride would probably be my biggest fault, followed by lust.

I'm a very proud individual and I need to surround myself with people I can be proud of too. Everything that is in my life is something I value highly, and if it's not, I will detach from it. This makes me both fiercely loyal, but also easily dismissive if something gets violated.

When I see people down, I try to talk to people from my own, proud perspective, and that makes me insensitive at times. I can kick myself in the ass, but other people don't necessarily want you giving them a bit of a boot. So that's something I need to work on.

Now what happens with you combine someone who is proud of himself / the people he's around and combine that with lust? That's when things get much naughtier than they would with every other type. I won't get into that now though.
You, proud?

Forgive me it might be my INFP tendency to intuit into people a little deeper than I should :tongue:, but I never really saw you as ''too proud.'' I always thought that at one point, you were too open about yourself and reaching out to be proud. A person that is TRULY proud usually thinks that he is too above others that he will pass judgments from a subjective ego-based place and he will usually keep quiet, unknown about his strengths so that other people won't have them. That, my friend, is the definition of proud. I did not sense it from you, I always sensed an interest in you to be more open about how others see things and I always sensed a quiet interest in you to want to grow through them.

I think that perhaps if you want to talk about your flaws, it would be that you at times have the tendency to reach out a little more than you should. I suppose it's both a great and a bad thing. I don't think it makes you come off as cocky, I know some really cocky people in my life and you're nothing like them.

As for you and lust, well no arguing against that :crazy:

Sorry, Lad, I got into analyzing mood again :blushed:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts