Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
MOTM January 2013
10,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And especially when the two perception functions are close together e.g IXFP, IXTP, EXTJ, EXFJ.

This topic isn't designed to come up with vacuum perceptions of functions e.g only Se or only Ne but how they behave together e.g Ne and Si or Se and Ni so please don't use vacuum arguments regarding functions, use those arguments elsewhere please!

How do they combine, what is the likely results or direction of perception flow? IXXP types works and thought process spawned this curiosity

·
Registered
615 Posts
As an Ni dom, it's practically inconceivable to think of Ni and Se working together, but I have friends who swear it works ;)

The Ne/Si combo is easier for me to see, because my ego is not invested in keeping the two separate. In my observations, when Ne and Si work well together, there is a superb understanding of patterns. A person using them together can figure out how viable their new idea is, how to mix what is known and that which is novel. It's hard to explain, but it's really cool to see how subjective sensation and objective abstraction can work together, complement each other.

As for Ni/Se ... my ENFJ friend says she understands the two working together because to her, they both work on vibe (contextual connotation - think instinct). I don't really feel that as much, but it's something. Linda Berens has done some theorizing on her tandem principle between Ni and Se, but most of the examples show using one to better the other's performance, which, yes, is a way of working together, but I'm not sure if that's what you meant?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts