Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I watched The Art of Getting By with Freddie Highmore and Emma Roberts and I'm not going to lie - it's not one of my favourite films. I think it's sort of an acquired taste.

It seems to be a lesser-known film and I was wondering if anyone else had seen it?
What do you think the types of the main characters would be?

My guess is ISFP for George and ExFJ for Sally. c:

·
Registered
999 Posts
George could very well be an ISFP :) Sally is probably an ESFJ.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I can see Sally being an ESFJ, however, I thought of George as being closer to INFP than ISFP. He seemed to value ideas rather than what was actual, hence his thoughts about Dustin not being real and his fatalistic personality seems as though it'd be more of an intuitive trait than sensing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
George possibility that hes an infp cos as an infp i can relate what he said "everything is meaningless" & low motivation doing things logically if that makes sense cos i flopped in school i was in my own world i still am he feels there is no point in doing school work. George also says " i have no idea what im doing here" something an infp would/possibility say. George says he would like to paint but he doesn't know what to paint. "every time i visualize an image i feel like im being something that im not". George perception of dustin is i think he's a blowheart or blow head or something (boastful). At the Art gallery or museum George says What is it saying? the painting full of scribbles abstract art dustin refers to as looks good for a room and the other red painting george doesn't seem to understand the meaning of 2 red blocks and 1 yellow block painting. Dustin "Fantaszing an object..suites you".

george reaction when he thought sally was tricking him even (its a joke scene which makes him listen to an song repeatedly)
George ranaway from conflict with jack. george put his full focus on the deadline and reached the deadline he also has trouble with expressing emotion but once he finished the painting of sally he could say it to her that he loves her.
he does value authenticity when he said Dustin aint the real deal & felt betrayed by dustin and sally.

theres another movie thats quite similar. It's Kind Of A Funny Story
Craig is dealing with depression so he attempts suicide but instead he goes to mental illness hospital area
he is an infp i believe. he is worried about an aplication form for an college if he doesnt get into the college his life wont go to plan.
Craig also fantasizes about Nia a girl his best friend is going out with. Craig meets noelle (played by emma roberts aka sally from the art of getting by) i think noelle is an infj. George says he can't draw so craig used his imagination cos he cant draw real life stuff. when bobby acted out craig felt scared that bobby might hurt himself also craig has bottled up anger he told the woman. Craig also says he thinks bobby daughter would want to be around her father aka bobby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts