Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 592 Posts

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Had a nice sequence of songs with my phone on shuffle the other night as I left work and walked to the bus for the long ride home.

A Song for You -- Gram Parsons
Morning Sun -- Jesse Colin Young
Ramble On -- Led Zeppelin
Back to Blue Some More -- Valerie Carter
Goin' Back to New Orleans -- Dr. John
Return of the Grievous Angel -- Gram Parsons
Someday We'll All Be Free -- Donny Hathaway
Golden Lady -- Stevie Wonder
Jin Go Lo Ba -- Santana
Don't Take Me Alive -- Steely Dan
Don't Rock My Boat -- Bob Marley and the Wailers
Trevessia -- Milton Nascimento
El Nicoya -- Santana
We Got By -- Al Jarreau

·
Registered
648 Posts
Moody Blues.jpg Had an awesome time, got a little bit of a contact high, which likely led to my decision to spend way too much for a concert t-shirt.

These guys can still rock, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Thanks all. I really enjoyed working my way through this post listening. Great way to spend a rainy morning.

·
Registered
23 Posts

Kenny Rogers first top 10 hit -- it was 1968, maybe a little of time, chance and circumstance was in the mix.

·
Registered
30,772 Posts
Have to respectfully disagree on the Clash. Clearly a whole generation removed. Now this is baby boomer music:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
perfect!
@Aqualung what do you think? since you started the thread
Sure, it works for me. I remember songs like this from years ago but I didn't know what a lot of the bands looked like until Youtube. Interesting to see them first time now.

·
Registered
648 Posts
As a Joneser, I like the name change. Still trying to figure out if I'm a clown to the left or a joker to the right, however.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,487 Posts
You get to pick between clown and joker, @damfino. Halloween is next Thursday, lol.
signed,
another joneser, or is that jonesette???

As a Joneser, I like the name change. Still trying to figure out if I'm a clown to the left or a joker to the right, however.

·
Registered
648 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Lou Reed is gone. Cause of death hasn't been released. Sad to hear of his passing at 71. Broke a lot of new ground musically in the 60's with the Velvet Underground.

41 - 60 of 592 Posts