Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
That's a bingo reference if anyone gets that. :wink: Anyway, ON WITH THE QUIZ!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Well, I wouldn't say a stressful time, but as I've said in my other questionaires, I have a stutter, and I think that's altered my viewpoints on many things. I'm currently 18 years old, male, and disillusioned with abstract concepts, yet eager to see what other people think of them. I also went through a period of time, around about a couple of years or so, I think, where I refused to show emotion when provoked and acted distant to keep myself sane through it. No negative effects then, but people have said that I've changed a lot, especially as far as empathy goes. Also, a friend of mine noted that my personality might have formed around the fact that I wasn't raised by a full family, my father left when I was 2 and I haven't seen him since.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/donbriggs/17338104855/in/explore-2015-05-02
Ok, first off, what is with this weird shaped building, there mustn't be much inside it, or perhaps it's solid, that'd certainly be easier to build. Now that's out the way, the way the light shines on the metal surface is really attractive, and I imagine the photographer spent ages trying to get the perfect shot. Kind of weird that he didn't wait for the people to pass, but that's nothing major.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Inwardly cursing my luck, I would try to check out the damage on my own, while calling the nearest repair shop and telling them where we are, while the group likely worries about not being able to get there in time. Knowing I'm not an expert at cars, I'd let the repair crew do the majority of the work and not try an impromptu fix.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
As I'm probably tired of being around people already, I'd go off on my own, thinking that if they want to go to the afterparty, they don't need to drive me around too. Probably to order a taxi or something, considering most music venues are out in the middle of bloody nowhere. :dry:

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
Resisting my urge to insult him, I would ask him what he meant by that, judging it against my beliefs to see which holds more water, most likely my own, considering I don't have all the information on his claim.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Unless I can understand it, I would reject it fervently, as it obviously doesn't fit with who I am now, and even though that changes sometimes, I'm not comfortable with altering my behaviour artifically anymore.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
That people should be judged based on their merit, no matter of age or affliction, this is because I'm smarter than most of my family (in my opinion), and yet a few members refuse to take me seriously because I'm younger than them; that there's something fun about taunting and mocking people, this is more of a evil feels good mentality, as it bypasses my usual empty nature and I can't resist acting flamboyant and teasing; and finally, that premature judging is wrong no matter what, if you accuse ISIS, for example, of being inhumane monsters, I'm going to bring up that other people have done that in the past and they weren't condemned, so it doesn't make them monsters. As for changing, well, this is open to interpretation, but this definitely isn't set in stone.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) Before my emotional block? My love of strategy, I remember when me and a couple of friends would play chess every lunchtime. I usually lost, mind you, cause one guy there is a bloody genius, but it was fun seeing the plans crumble and reform.
After? Well, since most people I know have some cynicism or sarcastic quips, I suppose mine would be my uncharacteristic berating of criminals and terrorists who don't consider certain factors, I'll berate them for not keeping better PR, or in general, acting like morons.
b) Can I say everything? No? Ok. In that case, my ambition. In which there is ZERO. I pretty much don't have a goal in mind for the future, as I'm convinced it doesn't matter (read: disillusioned).

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
Well, usually when I have hunches, I'm pretty accurate, especially in regards to situations and the timing of things. They're usually triggered each morning as I plan my route mentally, and keep on relying of a mental map I have of places.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) Mind games and chess. Both have an element of strategy and information withdrawal, which I love, since it doesn't rely on specific strategies and memorization, and they're fun in their own right.
b) Depends, honestly. My stutter makes talking draining, even though I like it at times. Although as far of without my stutter, anything that I don't want to do instantly drains me when I do it, although I can detach and work as an automaton.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Well, I'm assuming you don't mean eternal repressing, like I did before. Well, I tend not to shy from telling people how stupid they can be, usually in a very colorful way, because hey, it gives me a rush. :wink: Apart from that, not much gets repressed anymore, aside from emotion when I don't want others to see it.

Phew, that was a mouthful. :happy:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I'm going to guess INTP. You seem to have a tendency toward Ti, and I can see Ne in there as well. ENTP is also possible.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm going to guess INTP. You seem to have a tendency toward Ti, and I can see Ne in there as well. ENTP is also possible.
Not to be petulant, but can you elaborate? I was considering doing another quiz, since this one is... rather short. Helps when I'm in a hurry, but it really doesn't provide THAT much information, I guess. :dry:

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
Not to be petulant, but can you elaborate? I was considering doing another quiz, since this one is... rather short. Helps when I'm in a hurry, but it really doesn't provide THAT much information, I guess. :dry:
I suppose it's the way that you look at information and define yourself by your knowledge. This page is actually pretty good at explaining the difference between Ti and Te.

Funky MBTI in Fiction — Te vs Ti Example?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I suppose it's the way that you look at information and define yourself by your knowledge. This page is actually pretty good at explaining the difference between Ti and Te.

Funky MBTI in Fiction — Te vs Ti Example?
Question, does everyone quote @angelcat on this forum? I'm not complaining, mind you, mainly cause she's bloody awesome in what she writes, but it's kinda funny to reread things I've already read. :laughing:

The problem is that I relate both to how Lex uses Te (only watched the first couple of episodes of Smallville, but Lex is my favorite character already), and how Clark uses Ti. What I can't relate to is Clark's Fe, moralizing is REALLY annoying to me. The thing that has me not think I'm Te is that I'm extremely lazy, I'd rather play games than complete a deadline. Still, if anyone else wants to have a go, please feel free! :perc2:

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Clark Kent's Fe-moralizing is annoying to anyone watching it. I used to hate him because he always went off on moral lectures. =P

How do you define logic itself?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Clark Kent's Fe-moralizing is annoying to anyone watching it. I used to hate him because he always went off on moral lectures. =P

How do you define logic itself?
Ok, good to hear, it's not just me. :tongue:

Uh, wow, pulling out the big guns here. I'm assuming you mean definition as the in depth explanation of it, so I'll say that logic is the objective counterpart of emotions, easily defined by outside reality, rather than emotions, which are defined by the self's irrational impulses.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Ok, good to hear, it's not just me. :tongue:

Uh, wow, pulling out the big guns here. I'm assuming you mean definition as the in depth explanation of it, so I'll say that logic is the objective counterpart of emotions, easily defined by outside reality, rather than emotions, which are defined by the self's irrational impulses.
Sounds like Te.

I would expect a Ti user to start pulling apart the concept of logic more, and questioning its own validity ... or maybe that's just me and I'm weird. (I start thinking, "What IS logic? Does logic exist? Is what is inherently logical even logically plausible?" ... and into abstract Ti I go...)

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like Te.

I would expect a Ti user to start pulling apart the concept of logic more, and questioning its own validity ... or maybe that's just me and I'm weird. (I start thinking, "What IS logic? Does logic exist? Is what is inherently logical even logically plausible?" ... and into abstract Ti I go...)
Ok, thanks. I don't know many Ti users aside from fiction, and they're hard to grasp, honestly. Wow, that actually seems like more of a curse than a blessing, except in certain situations. For me, logic and emotion are two separate sides of the same coin, a duality, as you do need both, otherwise it's pretty hard to function. Though I do wonder which perceiving functions I have, and in what order, but hey, I shouldn't aim too high. :wink:

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
It can be a curse. =P

My offhand guess is that you're an INTJ, but ... how's your long term thinking? And by that I mean, do you have trouble living in the present, because you're always 20 years down the line?

Under intense stress, what happens in your life? Do you become... impulsive? emotional? fearful?

Inferior functions or weak spots can often nail down a type.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It can be a curse. =P

My offhand guess is that you're an INTJ, but ... how's your long term thinking? And by that I mean, do you have trouble living in the present, because you're always 20 years down the line?

Under intense stress, what happens in your life? Do you become... impulsive? emotional? fearful?

Inferior functions or weak spots can often nail down a type.
I now have a higher sympathy for you guys. And I thought my wandering mind was bad. :wink:

Yeah, see, the problem with that is that I'm extremely unmotivated and all around disillusioned with society and judicial systems, which means my long term planning doesn't mean much if I don't want to plan towards anything, since I find it all meaningless. (Yay, a positive viewpoint for once. :laughing: )

Intense stress... what exactly do you mean by that? If you mean surprises, then I think I can answer, but I'm not entirely sure of the context. And yeah, I've heard that inferior functions are usually quite obvious, even under facades.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
If someone offers a new idea, how will you react? Excitement? Hesitancy? Why?

When you're learning something new, do you enjoy having all the objectives and data or do you start from a concept?

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If someone offers a new idea, how will you react? Excitement? Hesitancy? Why?

When you're learning something new, do you enjoy having all the objectives and data or do you start from a concept?
If it's something I can understand and get behind, I'm usually fine with it, but if it comes out of nowhere, I get blindsided and annoyed, since I can't process it properly without time, which usually happens while I'm alone.

Starting from a concept is easier for me, as I usually can't remember that many details, yet I can remember concepts of things much easier. For example, names are absolutely horrible for me, but I can picture who that person is to the letter.

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
I now have a higher sympathy for you guys. And I thought my wandering mind was bad. :wink:

Yeah, see, the problem with that is that I'm extremely unmotivated and all around disillusioned with society and judicial systems, which means my long term planning doesn't mean much if I don't want to plan towards anything, since I find it all meaningless. (Yay, a positive viewpoint for once. :laughing: )

Intense stress... what exactly do you mean by that? If you mean surprises, then I think I can answer, but I'm not entirely sure of the context. And yeah, I've heard that inferior functions are usually quite obvious, even under facades.
Introverts are all lazy, to some degree.

Well, under intense stress, my inferior Ne freaks the hell out and turns into a raging pessimist. I lose access to details and feel totally overwhelmed by large projects, and worry that I've forgotten things, etc.

Under intense stress, my INTJ friend does stupid things like binge-drink alcohol or blow all the money in his bank account. He's reckless in the way Se is reckless. He thought leaping off a garage onto a moving car was a great idea and wound up with asphalt permanently embedded in his fingers. He's always texting me with random abstract concepts and thoughts that he's been "mulling over" ... out of the clear blue. He has told me, with total confidence, that he's going to go blind in twenty or so years. His nervous system is shot. The world is much too loud, bright, and fast-moving. He sits around on his butt most of the time daydreaming and thinking, but is totally incompetent in some regards when it comes to taking care of himself. He's so fixated on "loftier" concepts that the idea that he could DO SOMETHING about his complaints relating to his roommate's cleaning tactics never occurs to him. He thinks he can argue his way to rationality with anyone, but lift a finger? Oh, how provincial.

The other day, he wanted to complain to me about germs and his roomie plunging the toilet and leaving the water on the floor to dry. (GERMS!!!) My response generated "HUH??" -- I said there's this thing called bathroom cleaner, and you can like, squirt it on the floor and on the toilet and take your hand, and a washcloth, and clean it up. Like, with your fingers.

I was a bit of a smart-ass, I admit, but ... the world is so far removed from his reality that it's like a ghost in his consciousness. Either he's obsessed with it or ignoring it completely.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Introverts are all lazy, to some degree.

Well, under intense stress, my inferior Ne freaks the hell out and turns into a raging pessimist. I lose access to details and feel totally overwhelmed by large projects, and worry that I've forgotten things, etc.

Under intense stress, my INTJ friend does stupid things like binge-drink alcohol or blow all the money in his bank account. He's reckless in the way Se is reckless. He thought leaping off a garage onto a moving car was a great idea and wound up with asphalt permanently embedded in his fingers. He's always texting me with random abstract concepts and thoughts that he's been "mulling over" ... out of the clear blue. He has told me, with total confidence, that he's going to go blind in twenty or so years. His nervous system is shot. The world is much too loud, bright, and fast-moving. He sits around on his butt most of the time daydreaming and thinking, but is totally incompetent in some regards when it comes to taking care of himself. He's so fixated on "loftier" concepts that the idea that he could DO SOMETHING about his complaints relating to his roommate's cleaning tactics never occurs to him. He thinks he can argue his way to rationality with anyone, but lift a finger? Oh, how provincial.

The other day, he wanted to complain to me about germs and his roomie plunging the toilet and leaving the water on the floor to dry. (GERMS!!!) My response generated "HUH??" -- I said there's this thing called bathroom cleaner, and you can like, squirt it on the floor and on the toilet and take your hand, and a washcloth, and clean it up. Like, with your fingers.

I was a bit of a smart-ass, I admit, but ... the world is so far removed from his reality that it's like a ghost in his consciousness. Either he's obsessed with it or ignoring it completely.
Oh, brilliant, so it's wired into our brain, good to know. :dry:

I... I really don't know what to say, that sounds absolutely horrible. The closest I can get to that is my family being extremely loud, but that's probably just cause they are. :tongue: Oh man, so that's what it's like for your inferior function to just completely take you over, gotta say, I've rarely experienced something as severe as that. Though it is possible that I've been utilizing inferior Se for a while now, to the detriment of my dominant Ni, but that's kind of doubtful, considering the severe reaction it apparently causes.

Oh man, that is priceless. Won't need to laugh for a good while now, indeed. :laughing:

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Well, like I said ... his nervous system is totally shot (in part, probably due to his stupid teen antics), which accounts for some of the extremes, but ... he's such a Ni-dom. Such a lofty, abstract, ideas-driven type, who always thinks he KNOWS exactly what's going on. (Me? I doubt it. Si/Ne doubts that ONE interpretation is the right one... so we conflict over that a bit.)

His reaction to MBTI was: "yeah, no, that's stupid." Then he proceeded to think about it for awhile, and still doubt that cognition is valid or that anyone can be classified into such a narrow sphere. Thing is, he's a walking definition of the stereotype for INTJs, right down to their bluntness... and he doesn't even know it, because he rejects that such a system is valid. He's kind of sorta accepted it (while asserting that most "so-called" INTJs are "intellectual morons" and therefore "not likely to be genuine INTJs," because their logic is so poor and convoluted) but he's still ultra-skeptical.

But anyway, this isn't about him but you.

How fast do you learn something? Super fast? Or do you have to study it awhile? Do you reduce people to symbols?

(Not to bring him up again, but one of the first things he said to me, after assessing my flaws having known me for a very short amount of time was: "You have an old soul. It feels familiar to me, as if we have known one another for years." Moi: "Uh-huh. Sure. Also, you're strange, dude." I get that all the time from Ni-doms. Five minutes and they have this "conceptual essence" of me, and then are quite cross if I turn out to be different than their symbolic interpretation. Naturally, because I'm ornery, I enjoy busting their preconceptions. I still have one perplexed.)

STJs are ... so not like that. So much more straightforward and laid back. Just as frank and logical, but much more grounded, in a sense, while also being ... symbolic? Better with details. (You said you're not so great with them? Big picture thinking? Tends to be Intuitive.)

How DO you interact with the outside world? That might be a decent place to start. How often do you interact with it, and how?

ETA: I take it back. Not ALL Introverts are lazy. My mother certainly isn't. She's an ISTJ and will be working long after the rest of the family has collapsed onto the grass and called time out. She's always been a doer. Let's tear out that wall!

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, like I said ... his nervous system is totally shot (in part, probably due to his stupid teen antics), which accounts for some of the extremes, but ... he's such a Ni-dom. Such a lofty, abstract, ideas-driven type, who always thinks he KNOWS exactly what's going on. (Me? I doubt it. Si/Ne doubts that ONE interpretation is the right one... so we conflict over that a bit.)

His reaction to MBTI was: "yeah, no, that's stupid." Then he proceeded to think about it for awhile, and still doubt that cognition is valid or that anyone can be classified into such a narrow sphere. Thing is, he's a walking definition of the stereotype for INTJs, right down to their bluntness... and he doesn't even know it, because he rejects that such a system is valid. He's kind of sorta accepted it (while asserting that most "so-called" INTJs are "intellectual morons" and therefore "not likely to be genuine INTJs," because their logic is so poor and convoluted) but he's still ultra-skeptical.

But anyway, this isn't about him but you.

How fast do you learn something? Super fast? Or do you have to study it awhile? Do you reduce people to symbols?

(Not to bring him up again, but one of the first things he said to me, after assessing my flaws having known me for a very short amount of time was: "You have an old soul. It feels familiar to me, as if we have known one another for years." Moi: "Uh-huh. Sure. Also, you're strange, dude." I get that all the time from Ni-doms. Five minutes and they have this "conceptual essence" of me, and then are quite cross if I turn out to be different than their symbolic interpretation. Naturally, because I'm ornery, I enjoy busting their preconceptions. I still have one perplexed.)

STJs are ... so not like that. So much more straightforward and laid back. Just as frank and logical, but much more grounded, in a sense, while also being ... symbolic? Better with details. (You said you're not so great with them? Big picture thinking? Tends to be Intuitive.)

How DO you interact with the outside world? That might be a decent place to start. How often do you interact with it, and how?

ETA: I take it back. Not ALL Introverts are lazy. My mother certainly isn't. She's an ISTJ and will be working long after the rest of the family has collapsed onto the grass and called time out. She's always been a doer. Let's tear out that wall!
Ah, that explains quite a bit, thank you very much indeed.

Hm, I do need time to process it, as I mentioned, before, but when I do, I can usually understand it fairly well. I don't really convert people to symbols, but instead what they mean, so much so that I sometimes forget they have independent thought, and one of the complaints people have leveled around me, is that I don't really treat people as my equal. And really, they're right, as I know who's better than me and who's not, and the people asking that are certainly not. Phew, anyway, back to responses.

Well, in general, I try to stay out of the spotlight unless there's a specific point I ant to make, and even then it's hard for me to capture attention, since they're always waiting for me to say things properly. Though the outside world I regard with a high amount of disdain, especially the requirements of newly graduated students and first jobs. "Yeah, let's not offer training for our work, and instead request experience, because that'll get us more contenders. Bloody morons." XD

An INFJ friend of mine, or so she claims, is currently studying hard for a test she has, and I'm befuddled why she would need to. But hey, that's just me, I guess. :p

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
INTJ is probably correct. You either have a fairly decent use of inferior Se (so, it's not unhealthy) or you've not yet fallen into it.

·
Registered
10,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
INTJ is probably correct. You either have a fairly decent use of inferior Se (so, it's not unhealthy) or you've not yet fallen into it.
Huh, I thought it was leaning towards ISFP, myself, though I guess I really don't seem like the ISFPs I've seen in fiction, so probably not.

Still, thank you very much for your time, it's been certainly valuable. :D

1 - 20 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.