John Lennon- INTJ

Paul McCartney- INFP

Ringo Star- ????

George Harrison- ????

I need some help here.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
John Lennon was definitely not an INTJ, but I'm not really sure what other type he would be.

McCartney is an ISFP

Harrison was an INTP

Ringo was an ESxP, probably ESFP.

Reactions: BlueSeven

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John Lennon was definitely not an INTJ, but I'm not really sure what other type he would be.

McCartney is an ISFP

Harrison was an INTP

Ringo was an ESxP, probably ESFP.
John Lennon was INFJ maybe?

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Yeah that's more likely.

·
Registered
493 Posts
John Lennon was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being an INFJ. Have you read his biography? He is an stereotypical ESTP, with a very sound Se.

Paul McCartney is an ENFJ (He certainly was not an introvert).

George Harrison was an ISxJ.

Ringo Starr is an ESFP.

Reactions: Fenrir317

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
John Lennon was FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being an INFJ. Have you read his biography? He is an stereotypical ESTP, with a very sound Se.
Hm, he could very well be, but with all of the things he did later in life makes me think that he was a pretty heavy user of Fi. I've always had a hard time typing him. I think I'll go with ENFP.

Paul McCartney is an ENFJ (He certainly was not an introvert).
Pretty much every place I've looked says ISFP. Just because he's social doesn't necessarily mean he isn't introverted as well. SPs tend to be pretty outgoing in general. Also, there's no way he was an N type. His lyrics are very sensory based. I don't see any imagery or anything an Ni user would write at all.
George Harrison was an ISxJ.
Actually, now that I think about it, he may be an INFJ.

Ringo Starr is an ESFP.
Woot! Agreement!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hm, he could very well be, but with all of the things he did later in life makes me think that he was a pretty heavy user of Fi. I've always had a hard time typing him. I think I'll go with ENFP.
Lennon wasn't an intuitive. Look at all of his lyrics. He's a fanantic of describing experiences and stories. Two songs that come to mind are In My Life and A Day In The Life.

In my life: He definitely goes all out in describing places and things that have occured to him. This is an ode to the sensorial past life, and just a spice of the present, which makes me think all s.

A day in the life: "I read the news today oh boy
About a lucky man who made the grave
And though the news was rather sad
Well I just had to laugh
I saw the photograph
He blew his mind out in a car
He didn't notice that the lights had changed
A crowd of people stood and stared
They'd seen his face before
Nobody was really sure
If he was from the House of Lords."

Quite descriptive. Quite detailed, Quite spot on. S, S and more S.

Why else? In his personal life, he grew up in a very S aspect. John Lennon was VERY aware of latest trends and popularity while growing up. He started experimenting with drugs and sex at an early life because of his surroundings. He would often blow off school to go have fun. He picked up music from a very early stage of his life, and he started messing with instruments quite early. Everything is quite reminiscent of Extroverted Sensation.

And he wasn't a user of Fi, but as in Fe, a more developed state of ESTP's. His feeling contributions came mainly from the way he was treating Yoko. All of the talking about violence and women's right? Guess who used to be against it, and showed it to Yoko Ono quite well (and physically)?

Pretty much every place I've looked says ISFP. Just because he's social doesn't necessarily mean he isn't introverted as well. SPs tend to be pretty outgoing in general. Also, there's no way he was an N type. His lyrics are very sensory based. I don't see any imagery or anything an Ni user would write at all.
Paul McCartney was commanding as crazy. There really isn't a doubt in my mind that he was a J. He was accused several times of trying to impose his will on everyone else. If things didn't go his way because of the band, he would often sneak around them and record songs on his own, and then place them on his own "Why don't we do it in the road" being the song that was pretty much a spit in the face for Beatles. He wasn't flexible, and he was often the one that would shut down Ringo and George.

John Lennon was the one that was always trying to bring George and Ringo together to sing. Paul would often try not to. He is definitely a judge, and used a judging factor as dominant. His lyrics however, show him as a big softie, and quite concerned about love, more than empathy.

Actually, now that I think about it, he may be an INFJ.
He was an IxxJ, no doubt about it. He actually could've been an INFJ, you're right, as he was a bit of a pushover, which is a trait of IxFJ's.

Woot! Agreement!
HOLY BOGOONKERS!

477 Posts
John Lennon - I agree that he was an SP. ESTP sounds close enough, so I'll just go with that.
Paul McCartney - ExFJ. Not ISFP as a lot of people seem to type him.
George Harrison - Definitely an INxP. I think probably INTP as he always seemed calm and didn't show much emotion.
Ringo Starr - xSFP, I'm pretty sure.

Reactions: Jorge

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Ladies and gentlemen - The Beatles!

I can't believe this thread was not opened yet!
I have to admit, I'm a pretty big fan of the Beatles, but I have no idea what they could be. Just guessing:
Ringo - ISFP
George - INFx
Paul - ESTJ
John - ENFP (after his revelation that he should change the world, before he was a prick ;))

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
I think Paul McCartney is an extrovert, he and John seemed to butt heads. Introverts and extroverts can butt heads of course, but I also think he's an extrovert. It's interesting that there are a few people who believe John was ESTP, I guess I never really thought about it. He was quite rebellious and I couldn't see him as an introvert as some have suggested.

Reactions: Fenrir317

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'll try my hand at this.

My wild guesses.
John, ENTP
Paul, ESFP
George, ISTJ
Ringo, ENFJ

My dumb reasons: John was big on music expansion and pushing limits, Paul was more of a people person and just satisfied with being likable and enjoying himself, George had the behind the scenes skill and texture, where Ringo did what he did and didn't ask much in return.

·
Registered
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
3,048 Posts
I would say INFP for John. Much of his talent seemed to be from using Ne effectively. I don't think he was an Extrovert or an NT type.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
John Lennon seems to be allover the board here when it comes to type, maybe he's some kind of ambivert?

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I think John Lennon was an INFJ

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
John Lennon could have very well been an INFJ. Keeping in mind that ESTP is the shadow of an INFJ, and that INFJ's are prone to taking on "method acting" in their social personalities, and INFJ's can be "SP" wannabes. Bold INFJ's face their ESTP shadow by diving into it face first and embracing the shadow aspects of their personalities rather than denying or being scared of them. John Lennon seemed to be very affective by his early childhood, esp. his mother's death, he used experimental "primal rage" therapy to deal with his early traumas, which seems very NF to me. And the Yoko Ono thing, having love be more important than fame and popularity seems INFJ to me.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Like many people on sites like this, all of you are focusing on the wrong information. You can't tell what type a person is just by "guessing" or finding other sites to provide answer for you. The MOST important thing to focus on is the functional preferences and providing accurate evidence to base it on. You can only speculate, because you can't get into their minds. By determining what motivates individuals and their preferences, you can get a pretty accurate understanding of people.

John Lennon - ENTP
I always assumed Lennon was an INFP, but that was just because I didn't know him that much, so I was obviously wrong. Like most ENTPs one of the biggest tendencies is Lennon's political side. John Lennon was very comfortable with exercising his political beliefs. Although other Beatles members had political positions, they were not as extremely emphasized as Lennon. In an interview, he gotten into a critical debate about the ethics of Hitler - involving his political views. It may seem rare to find a rational in music and that is the case. Most ENTPs tend to follow their rational side a bit more than Lennon which is simply one route for an ENTP to follow, but not necessarily directly their rule. The point being, an ENTP is an Ne dominant and Ti secondary. These are responsible for all the creativity and often logic. And John Lennon was extremely creative, but also did use a lot of his Ti throughout his career. Many of his lyrics reflected his views of the world and he obviously got into in depth cases of this. I'm sure outside of music he could have a got debate about politics, which is really common for an ENTP. Lennon was definitely a showman and that is probably why he was more extroverted. But just by looking at Lennon's facial appearance, he was completely a very intuitive individual. You can see that if he were more sensing he'd probably have a much more controlled facial appearance (using facial postures to visualize a lot more), whereas in his later years developed more intuition and that completely over-dominated the senses. For lack of better words, he was a stoner. All of those intuitive functions gathered over time and made his whole world into a creativity fest. And this intuition was simply practiced on the external world, hence Ne dominant. Ti is as I stated his whole political side of him. Not as strong as the Ne and I'm sure if he got into politics he'd probably have a much more developed way of stating his views rather than the whole 1970s, hippy-esque image. Some "F" definitely did show up in his career, which is why he may be confused as an INFP or ENFP. I think most of it was just due to the publicity bringing up his personal life so much. ENTPs can be a lot more comfortable with expressing themselves than an INTP, with an ENTP's third function being Fe as opposed to fourth in an INTP.

Paul McCartney - ENFP
I didn't do too much research about Paul, but I think he's probably an ENFP. To sum an ENFP, they are pretty much the "inspirer". His whole career in The Beatles is based on that. All of his songs seem to be very inspirational and try to come from a greater meaning - very Ne like. Also, the position of Paul is very interesting in Beatles interaction. He was almost like the second character, John Lennon being the first. The reason why is ENFPs are actually one of the more shier extroverts. John Lennon expressed a lot more with the Ne Fe interaction, but Ne cannot really be too expressed in terms of publicity. It is used more for working in a band and getting inspirational ideas out there. Which is exactly what Paul did. Otherwise, publicly John did most of the speaking. Te is not that high and is rarely used. But above all, the overall purpose of Paul McCartney was to be someone inspirational.

George Harrison - INFP
Harrison is pretty much a giveaway when I first saw him. He is the quiet one, yet had a lot of friends from time to time: Eric Clapton and a bunch of guitarist friends. He never really worked hard in school nor did he have an sign of "T" from lacking much thinking in politics, philosophy etc. I've met a lot of INFPs and some of them have been great musicians. They all generally have the same role as George: composing music and continuing to be motivated by that. He's a very creative individual from the Ne and has Si as a third function to determine what sounds right and what doesn't. The Fi dominance is something that really would motivate him to play. Just being in a band and getting the sensation of some publicity/recognition and feeling good playing is a very Fi dominant thing. Most of George's lyrics reflected topics like love and his own life. He has even gotten to a point of making a biography book of his life. He was utterly honest when making that autobiography - upsetting John Lennon by not having compulsions to mention him. This is a really good indication of an INFP; an autobiography. The epitome of his personal life. Rather someone with Fe, would not talk about their life, but others instead. I can't conclude how much of an INFP George Harrison seems to be. I've known so many INFPs and I really can instinctively put him into that type.

Ringo Starr - ESTP
He isn't at all an ISFP like many people say. He wasn't a very artistic member and was pretty straight-forward with his career. He played the drums and did it for the sake of doing it. He wanted a very hands on approach. An ISFP would likely prefer to work alone and have their own artistic dreams, because in reality their Fi and strong appreciation for art would likely control. ESTPs are very much people who like to be engaged in activities involving the Senses. This senses are Se, so they much be practiced on the external world. It was an amazingly successful career for him, because he got some fame along the way, but more importantly got to exercise his Se dominance by playing the drums. Another observation as to how he appears as an Se dominance is have you ever noticed the earrings and sunglasses looks before? That's a clear sensing trait for the aesthetic appeal. Ti as a second trait for ESTP is just him figuring drum parts out on his own, which commonly occurred. He did play the drums first and foremost, but figuring it out was a big thing for him too. ESTPs can be very quick and witty. That very accurately describes him.

Reactions: silhouesque
1 - 20 of 207 Posts