Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
My favourite is empowerment. I love seeing people filled with pride for who they are. One of the truly bad things in this world is to see people who are in an environment where that pride and sense of personal power is being stifled. It creates a sense that you do not have control of your own life, that you are purely at the mercy of things outside yourself. It's hard to develop a strong sense of identity, when you don't believe in yourself and your ability to control your own life. I like to see people with a strong, flourishing identity. The beautiful thing about identity, is that it can be forged against all odds. I think the human identity is one of the most powerful things in the universe.

I would say love, but it hurts too much :tongue: I also think empowerment can facilitate love. It gives you pride in yourself and an understanding that you deserve to be loved and respected.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My favourite is empowerment. I love seeing people filled with pride for who they are. One of the truly bad things in this world is to see people who are in an environment where that pride and sense of personal power is being stifled. It creates a sense that you do not have control of your own life, that you are purely at the mercy of things outside yourself. It's hard to develop a strong sense of identity, when you don't believe in yourself and your ability to control your own life. I like to see people with a strong, flourishing identity. The beautiful thing about identity, is that it can be forged against all odds. I think the human identity is one of the most powerful things in the universe.

I would say love, but it hurts too much :tongue: I also think empowerment can facilitate love. It gives you pride in yourself and an understanding that you deserve to be loved and respected.
I can't even tell you just how much that first paragraph resonated with me and how I feel about my environment. You nailed it.

I think that's why love is the best feeling. Because, man, it hurts like hell when it goes away.

·
Registered
328 Posts
- Mastery. What is challenging and complex suddenly becomes fluid and effortless.
- Love. That moment you first know each other as lovers.
- Acceptance. The perfect stillness in mind that transpires so suddenly from the depth of an emotional crisis.
- Accomplishment. When you never really thought you could, you did it!

Though I think these are all just aspects of contentment, joy, invulnerability, peace, etc. made particularly powerful by immediate and stark contrast. The moment the sun first shines bright and warmly on your face, and you feel one, whole, and complete.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
There isn't just one best feeling for me, it's multiple actually to be honest.

Pure, unadulterated, raw, happiness. Felt when your soul is touched by something so beautiful, so rarely and truly felt that bewilderment is what first comes to thought before the actual realization of happiness is felt.

Inspiration. The feeling you get when something inside you clicks, like a breath of warmth felt throughout your body. Your heart rate picks up in pure joy and awe and your brain is fueled with so many wonderful feelings and thoughts. Tears form and fall at the pure contentment you feel as you become inspired by such simplicity at certain momentous times.

Accomplishment. That feeling of relief, it's all done. All the struggles, the tears, the pain and disappointments you felt disappear once you've felt accomplishment. This is when the feeling of happiness kicks in and the struggling-to-hide tears fall and keep falling. You feel an amazing amount of pride and joy for yourself and can see the same pride and joy you feel beaming in the eyes and hearts of your loved ones.

Love. When you feel that others care deeply for you. When that pang in your heart isn't one of inner loneliness anymore but one of happiness and joy. When you see and feel that someone you deeply care for shares that same feeling with you. The feeling of love is the feeling of being understood and accepted unconditionally for who you are. Love, when felt is genuine, deep, and sincere.

I'm moved easily. I'm sure there are many more "best feelings" I have than just these.

·
Registered
16,307 Posts
Being alone, outside, watching things. Observing. I particularly enjoy observing other peoples' pain, not inflicted by me of course. I enjoy inflicting love, however only to people whom I deem worthy. To others, I simply inflict kindness and humor. I love making people laugh.

Reactions: ATLeow

·
Registered
245 Posts
You're riding in your car and the windows are all rolled down. It's chilly outside and the salty breeze flows past you, leaving hair whispering behind you. Ascending to the top of the winding grey road, you glance around you at the dead grasses and sprawling bushes that make up the low-lying brush hanging near your car. Then you see it - the ocean. Parking your car in a makeshift space of dirt, you walk over to the well-worn overlook. The sea glistens grey beneath you, the rocky cliffside jagged like sharp knives.
There is a certain silence to the air. A hint of sorrow that remains unexplainable. A dash of ecstasy and a hint of enlightenment. The feeling is everything and nothing at all, like seeing both life and death yet understanding neither.

I also like the feeling of a warm cup of coffee.

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You're riding in your car and the windows are all rolled down. It's chilly outside and the salty breeze flows past you, leaving hair whispering behind you. Ascending to the top of the winding grey road, you glance around you at the dead grasses and sprawling bushes that make up the low-lying brush hanging near your car. Then you see it - the ocean. Parking your car in a makeshift space of dirt, you walk over to the well-worn overlook. The sea glistens grey beneath you, the rocky cliffside jagged like sharp knives.
There is a certain silence to the air. A hint of sorrow that remains unexplainable. A dash of ecstasy and a hint of enlightenment. The feeling is everything and nothing at all, like seeing both life and death yet understanding neither.

I also like the feeling of a warm cup of coffee.
The word of @God. :proud:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
The best feeling is a mutual feeling, especially one shared silently with a friend through sideways glances caught between eye rolls. My favsies.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Kindness, compassion, understanding.

Empowerment. :happy:

And finally love. Love can be the greatest feeling in the world or the worst feeling in the world, it can be the most fickle thing but through it it can yield a power to amplify every single other feeling.

Reactions: Luke

·
Registered
185 Posts
When you're talking to your best friend about life and death and the things that matter and you both forget where you are because you're so involved in this conversation and it could go on forever...

When you're in love... more specifically, when you wake up next to the boy you love...

And when you wake up at 4am wide awake and think about life and get all philosophical and keep thinking because it feels like you have all the time in the world. You reach some kind of epiphany about life and eventually fall back asleep and that whole thing felt like time had stopped...

Yeah. Just a couple of my favorites :proud:

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Indifference.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
When I see people doing things they love, or when they talk me about those things.
When I stay true to my values.
When I appreciate the beauty of the world.
When I do, learn, see or create new things.
Happiness.
Love.
Excitement.
Inner peace.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
Whatever feeling it is when life stops kicking you in the abdomen long enough to look outside and realise how beautiful the world is and how you wish you saw it all the time. That mix of hope, regret, happiness, tiredness and clarity. Whatever that is.

I'd like to give love and acceptance a go as well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Getting home after a long day of school or work, kicking off my shoes and just lying on my bed, relaxing, daydreaming and reflecting on life.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Definitely love for me. Another big one is when I'm listening to an amazing song (especially for the first time). It makes me get chills and want to dance and scream and fly all at once.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts