• INTJ - ENTP

Votes: 12 42.9%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on trying to cover all opposite functions in the same place the teams would be:

INTP - ENTJ

Or

INTJ - ENTP

What team would you say is more successful.

Personally I would put my money on INTP - ENTJ only because EJ would do better than EP in the external world which is likely where the I's ideas are going to end up.
I would like to see some INTJ - ENTP arguments though.

·
Banned
660 Posts
That would quickly collapse into ENTJ vs. INTJ as both types would eventually end up viewing their teammate as either useless, or distracting. For me it has often been both.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Depends on how the INTP-ENTJ and INTJ-ENTP team have developed themselves. Personality types aren't everything. And although one may have a certain preference for thinking in this or that way, it does not mean it is impossible for one to think in another way.
It's all about personal development, regardless of the types themselves. I'd say they'd both work fine. There is no telling which one will perform better.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think the INTP-ENTJ team would clearly have more harmony. The INTP has no qualms with coming up with ideas and letting the ENTJ execute them in the real world. The INTJ-ENTP team would fall apart because the ENTP would only serve as a distraction to the INTJs deep ideas and intricate plans. The INTJ won't care about all of the directions the ENTPs Ne wants to take the project so there will be a natural disconnect. Ti and Te complement each other better because Te acts as a way for the INTPs deep thoughts to be actualized in the world while Ne could serve as a major distraction to Ni

·
Registered
7,315 Posts
The INTJ-ENTP team would fall apart because the ENTP would only serve as a distraction to the INTJs deep ideas and intricate plans. The INTJ won't care about all of the directions the ENTPs Ne wants to take the project so there will be a natural disconnect.
This... I've worked with an ENTP as a duo, didn't like. It would work nicely if ENTPs could stick with the INTJ's (or higher management's) plan for the most part, but knowing ENTPs on this forum and this ENTP in particular, that seems unlikely. There were factors other than personality type at play in my experience however.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would definitely say the INTP-ENTJ team would have the most productivity and harmony, followed by INTJ-ENTJ, INTP-ENTP, and INTJ-ENTP teams in that respective order. The INTJ-ENTJ team may not be entirely harmonious, but would possess decent productivity. The INTP-ENTP team seems like it would have the most creative thought of any group, but at the cost of productivity. I can't see an INTJ-ENTP group running that well at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts