Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm in a class this semester called "Psychology of Personality". Which is perfect for personalitycafe, right?? I have been meaning to post something related to the class, but it never really seemed to be the right time. But now I have some personality tests for us to do! My professor gave us two websites to try. The first one is called the Big Five personality test (some of you may have heard of it). And the second one is just for fun. Also, if you take these, you'll be doing psychological research a favor, as these studies are being conducted by Psychologists, and your data will be included in professional research!

Here's the first one: Personality Test - Big Five

Here are my scores: Personality]Personality Inventory Report

And here's the second one:

http://www.outofservice.com/starwars/

I was most like Obi-Wan Kenobi (87% likeness) :laughing:

Have fun! Post your results! yayyy!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
1st

E

Percentile 7
Avg. Response 2.2
Your average score on extraversion was 2.2, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 7th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.

A
Percentile 75
Avg. Response 4.9
Your average score on agreeableness was 4.9, which is considered high. It is in approximately the 75th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.

C
Percentile 9
Avg. Response 2.7
Your average score on conscientiousness was 2.7, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 9th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.

N
Percentile 86
Avg. Response 4.9
Your average score on emotional stability was 4.9, which is considered high. It is in approximately the 86th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.

O
Percentile 89
Avg. Response 5.5
Your average score on openness was 5.5, which is considered high. It is in approximately the 89th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.

You answered 10 out of 14 cognitive ability items correctly... okay..?

2nd

Openness to Experience/Intellect High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.

Yoda Your percentile: 84% You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.
Yoda -- This wise, philosophical, and thoughtful Jedi master challenges the establishment, encouraging his pupils to unlearn what they have learned and see the world in novel, creative ways.

Conscientiousness High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.

Han Solo Your percentile: 3% You probably have a messy desk!
Han Solo -- This disheveled and scruffy smuggler leads a reckless and haphazard life, with little respect for rules and procedures.

Extraversion High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet.

Wampas Your percentile: 5% You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
Wampas -- reclusive creatures of the ice planet Hoth. They are rarely seen & generally shy, leading a solitary existence.

Agreeableness High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.

Obi-Wan Kenobi Your percentile: 87% You are good-natured, courteous, and supportive.
Obi-Wan Kenobi -- This loyal, kind, and honorable young Jedi is a good man.

Neuroticism High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.

Princess Leia Your percentile: 5% You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.
Princess Leia -- A confident & calm individual who does not crack under pressure (e.g.,. when being threatened by Lord Vader). She is brave and relaxed, even when in great danger (e.g., when disguising herself as a bounty hunter to gain access to Jabba the Hutt’s palace).

·
Registered
118 Posts
Extraversion Report

Percentile 19
Avg. Response 2.9

Agreeableness Report

Percentile 79
Avg. Response 5

Conscientiousness Report

Percentile 4
Avg. Response 2.2

Emotional Stability Report

Percentile 69
Avg. Response 4.3

Openness Report

Percentile 87
Avg. Response 5.4

I think people here will mostly get high scores on Openness and Agreeableness.

Well, apparently I'm the Wicket. what the hell

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
1st test results

Extraversion Report
Score at a Glance
Percentile 10
Avg. Response 2.5
Your average score on extraversion was 2.5, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 10th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness Report
Score at a Glance
Percentile 25
Avg. Response 3.7
Your average score on agreeableness was 3.7, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 25th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising.

Conscientiousness Report
Score at a Glance
Percentile 16
Avg. Response 2.8
Your average score on conscientiousness was 2.8, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 16th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized.

Score at a Glance
Percentile 35
Avg. Response 3.5
Your average score on emotional stability was 3.5, which is considered average. It is in approximately the 35th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Emotional Stability is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Openness Report
Score at a Glance
Percentile 39
Avg. Response 4.3
Your average score on openness was 4.3, which is considered average. It is in approximately the 39th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

2nd test results
Find Your Star Wars Twin - your results

Not liking them :sad:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Your average score on extraversion was 2.1, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 4th percentile for females between 14 and 17 years old. Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Your average score on agreeableness was 4.2, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 29th percentile for females between 14 and 17 years old. Your score on Agreeableness is low, indicating less concern with others' needs Than with your own. People see you as tough, critical, and uncompromising. (Huh? I don't think I am tough or uncompromising, only overtly critical when something really infuriates me which is sort of rare...)

Your average score on conscientiousness was 2.7, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 11th percentile for females between 14 and 17 years old.
Your score on Conscientiousness is low, indicating you like to live for the moment and do what feels good now. Your work tends to be careless and disorganized. (room is a mess and desk is disorganized =/= living for the moment...)

Your average score on emotional stability was 3.7, which is considered average. It is in approximately the 68th percentile for females between 14 and 17 years old.
Your score on Emotional Stability is average, indicating that your level of emotional reactivity is typical of the general population. Stressful and frustrating situations are somewhat upsetting to you, but you are generally able to get over these feelings and cope with these situations.

Your average score on openness was 5.7, which is considered high. It is in approximately the 88th percentile for females between 14 and 17 years old.
Your score on Openness to Experience is high, indicating you enjoy novelty, variety, and change. You are curious, imaginative, and creative.

I don't think I'm that disagreeable... then again, maybe I am? I would go to the ends of the earth for a select few people but I'm sort of ambivalent towards the rest of humanity, so maybe it's true...

Openness - Your percentile: 84% You enjoy having novel experiences and seeing things in new ways.
Yoda -- This wise, philosophical, and thoughtful Jedi master challenges the establishment, encouraging his pupils to unlearn what they have learned and see the world in novel, creative ways.
Conscientiousness - Your percentile: 17% You probably have a messy desk!
Han Solo -- This disheveled and scruffy smuggler leads a reckless and haphazard life, with little respect for rules and procedures.
Extraversion - Your percentile: 5% You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.
Wampas -- reclusive creatures of the ice planet Hoth. They are rarely seen & generally shy, leading a solitary existence.
Agreeableness - Your percentile: 44% You are neither extremely forgiving nor irritable.
Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker -- This character truly belongs in the middle of the agreeableness dimension, representing both good and evil. On one hand a kind and warm, on the other hand, evil & ruthless.
Neuroticism - Your percentile: 55% You aren’t particularly nervous, nor calm.
Chewbacca -- This wookie belongs in the middle of Neuroticism because on one hand he is a strong and fearless individual but on the other hand he is excitable and easily upset (as shown by his reaction before C-3P0 suggested R2-D2 "let the wookie win").

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've taken the big 5 before a while ago, but took it again.

here are the results:
Extraversion Report

Percentile 15
Avg. Response 2.7

Agreeableness Report

Percentile 79
Avg. Response 4.5

Conscientiousness Report

Percentile 9
Avg. Response 2.7

Percentile 96
Avg. Response 5.6

Openness Report

Percentile 66
Avg. Response 4.8

results on the star wars one was about the same haha

·
Registered
420 Posts
apparently i'm 69% like Qui-Gon Jinn, as for the big five

Extraversion
percentile 6
avg. response 2.1

Your average score on extraversion was 2.1, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 6th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Extraversion is low, indicating you are introverted, reserved, and quiet. You enjoy solitude and solitary activities. Your socializing tends to be restricted to a few close friends.

Agreeableness
percentile 75
avg. response 4.9

Your average score on agreeableness was 4.9, which is considered high. It is in approximately the 75th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your high level of Agreeableness indicates a strong interest in others' needs and well-being. You are pleasant, sympathetic, and cooperative.

Conscientious
percentile 32
avg. response 3.5

Your average score on conscientiousness was 3.5, which is considered average. It is in approximately the 32nd percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Conscientiousness is average. This means you are reasonably reliable, organized, and self-controlled.

Emotional Stability
percentile 24
avg. response 3.2

Your average score on emotional stability was 3.2, which is considered low. It is in approximately the 24th percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Emotional Stability is low indicating that you are easily upset, even by what most people consider the normal demands of living. People consider you to be sensitive and emotional.

Openess
percentile 33
avg. response 4.3

Your average score on openness was 4.3, which is considered average. It is in approximately the 33rd percentile for males between 18 and 25 years old.
Your score on Openness to Experience is average, indicating you enjoy tradition but are willing to try new things. Your thinking is neither simple nor complex. To others you appear to be a well-educated person but not an intellectual.

·
Registered
806 Posts
You know, this test is kind of like a self esteem test. The higher your scores, the better your self esteem is. If it isn't, you aren't very positive about yourself. Then again, I might be wrong. That's just the way it seems. My extraversion was low, my agreeableness was medium, my conscientiousness was low, my neuroticism was high, and my openness to experience was high.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Big Five:
Extraversion
Percentile: 19
Avg response: 2.9

Agreeableness
Percentile: 8
Avg response: 3.2

Conscientiousness
Percentile: 15
Avg response: 3

Emotional stability
Percentile: 52
Avg response: 3.9

Openness
Percentile: 80
Avg response: 5.2

Star Wars:
Extraversion 27%, Agreeableness 32%, Conscientiousness 25%, Neuroticism 43%, Openness 9%

Odd that my openness scores where just about opposite on these tests, I'd definitely agree more with the big five test than the Star Wars one when it comes to that.

·
Registered
62 Posts
On the big five I got rather low scores on everything but emotional stability, the descriptions were rather general but made me sound like a stubborn old man.

then again I got 84% likeness to Yoda

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Openness to Experience/Intellect High scorers tend to be original, creative, curious, complex; Low scorers tend to be conventional, down to earth, narrow interests, uncreative.
Astro Mech Droids Your percentile: 53% You typically don’t seek out new experiences.
Astro Mech Droids -- This model of droid lies in the middle of the Openness dimension because although they are generally rule bound and conservative, they are also creative and often ingenious in their approach to the problem at hand.

Conscientiousness High scorers tend to be reliable, well-organized, self-disciplined, careful; Low scorers tend to be disorganized, undependable, negligent.
Han Solo Your percentile: 3% You probably have a messy desk!

Extraversion High scorers tend to be sociable, friendly, fun loving, talkative; Low scorers tend to be introverted, reserved, inhibited, quiet. Wampas Your percentile: 3% You probably enjoy spending quiet time alone.

Agreeableness High scorers tend to be good natured, sympathetic, forgiving, courteous; Low scorers tend to be critical, rude, harsh, callous.
Qui Gon Jinn Your percentile: 74% You tend to consider the feelings of others.
Qui-Gon Jinn -- This Jedi master is loyal, sensitive, and sympathetic.

Neuroticism High scorers tend to be nervous, high-strung, insecure, worrying; Low scorers tend to be calm, relaxed, secure, hardy.
Princess Leia Your percentile: 14% You probably remain calm, even in tense situations.
Princess Leia -- A confident & calm individual who does not crack under pressure (e.g.,. when being threatened by Lord Vader). She is brave and relaxed, even when in great danger (e.g., when disguising herself as a bounty hunter to gain access to Jabba the Hutt’s palace).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts