Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Red is a total XNTJ. He approaches everything like a chessboard. Can't say if it's Ni led or supported by Te, but those are his two top functions. He's a master of contingency plans.

Lizzie seems like an ISTJ; I think she's introverted and seems to use Si more than Te.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red is a total XNTJ. He approaches everything like a chessboard. Can't say if it's Ni led or supported by Te, but those are his two top functions. He's a master of contingency plans.
Very fair. But, to me, there's something about him that whispers Fe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would buy an ENTP, or even an INTP, but definitely not a J. Js think there is only one way to be. They must live according to a certain set of principles that they believe cannot be transgressed. They cannot think outside of these principles. Red has no set of principles but does whatever he thinks the situation requires; a definite P thing to do. Liz is not a T, but an F. Whatever the other distinctions, Fs feel everything and the world is interpreted by the way certain circumstances and interactions make them feel. She can't do anything outside of what the rules say she should do without feeling bad, or feeling guilty--which is why I also believe her to be a J, not a P. I don't know exactly what Tom is, but if I had to guess I'd say ISTP. He does not spend time with others because he needs to, but only when he has to. He is cunning, but good with using his body and with interacting with his environment; something that Jason Bourne, Sherlock, MacGyver, etc. have in common. He is a thinker, but only out of practical necessity. These are all characteristic ISTP traits.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, Tom doesn't care about anyone but Liz. ISTPs have a small group of people they care about but can completely detach from people and circumstances if they need to. Aside from Liz, Tom doesn't care what happens to others. Only himself and Liz. He even killed the harbor cop out of practical necessity while chained to the boat, despite Liz's protest. Classic ISTP move.

·
Plague Doctor
INTJ, 5w4, Ni-T type
6,040 Posts
Redding strikes me as an ISTJ. With his memory it just seems like he leads with Si. The only problem is how flexible he is. I think that's more a characteristic of his S than a potential P, but I can see an argument for P. He's too poetic to be an ISTP, I think. I can also see arguments for him being an Ne user just because he thinks outside the box when solving problems - but this might also be Si showing that he has a wealth of information from his past experiences to inform his actions. Also, Redding just feels to me like an ISTJ.

I'm still working on Liz.

I'm only in the middle of season 2, so I can imagine that my perspective might change based on that. I think that Liz uses Fi pretty frequently, so IXFP or EXFP would be my best guess, but I really need to see more of the show to make a strong case for it.

Pretty confident about these:
Mr Kaplan is ISFJ easily.
Aram Mojatabi: INTP
Dembe: INFJ
Jolene: ESFP
Samar: ISTP

Not so confident about these:
Restler: ESTP
Tom: He's not badass enough to be an ISTP, in my opinion. He gives me more of an ISFP vibe. I know he's detached and intellectualizes a lot, so I can see him leading with Ti, but it seems more Fi to me. Maybe an ESFP?

Reactions: heavydirtysoul

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Reddington - ENTP
Liz - ISFP
Tom - ISTP
Donald Ressler - ISTJ
Harold Cooper - ISFJ
Samar Navabi - ISTP
Aram Mojtabai - INFP
Dembe - INFJ

·
Banned
601 Posts
My take on this.

Harold Cooper: INFJ or ENFJ
Reddington: ENTJ, he uses Se rather than Si in his stack as demonstrated by his need for material surroundings/wealth.
Aram Mojtabai: INTP, the Ne quirkiness is there.
Tom Keen: ISFJ, I argue Fe over Fi, as his natural ability to be a social chameleon is very much a Auxillary Fe thing to do.
Mr. Kaplan: I think she uses Ti over Fe, tentatively, ISTP. MAYBE developed Fe?
Elizabeth Keen: ESTP.
Ian Garvey from the new season, IxTJ, not sure if it’s Ni or Si. He has telltale similarities to Raymond.
Samar: ESTP
Donald Ressler: ESTJ. Definite Fi over Fe user, maybe ISTJ.

I’ll update this list further.

Reactions: heavydirtysoul

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My take on this.

Harold Cooper: INFJ or ENFJ
Reddington: ENTJ, he uses Se rather than Si in his stack as demonstrated by his need for material surroundings/wealth.
Aram Mojtabai: INTP, the Ne quirkiness is there.
Tom Keen: ISFJ, I argue Fe over Fi, as his natural ability to be a social chameleon is very much a Auxillary Fe thing to do.
Mr. Kaplan: I think she uses Ti over Fe, tentatively, ISTP. MAYBE developed Fe?
Elizabeth Keen: ESTP.
Ian Garvey from the new season, IxTJ, not sure if it’s Ni or Si. He has telltale similarities to Raymond.
Samar: ESTP
Donald Ressler: ESTJ. Definite Fi over Fe user, maybe ISTJ.

I’ll update this list further.
Why ESTP for Elizabeth?

·
Banned
601 Posts
Why ESTP for Elizabeth?
She is very much in the present moment, loud, always in the “middle” of events. That in itself implies Se as a dominant function. The opposite of Se is Ni, and that is her inferior. She supports Se with Ti (such as deducing events, using the Stewmaker’s formulas to melt human bodies, and is more focused on understanding rather than application (Ti > Te)). Also you cannot have a function stack of Se-Te-Fi-Ni. As a Ti user she automatically uses Fe. Function stack: Se-Ti-Fe-Ni corresponds to ESTP.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh alright, all I am sure of, at the moment is a) Reddington is an ENTJ, b) Elizabeth uses a lot of Ni

1 - 20 of 60 Posts