Personality Cafe banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
God! :torn: I need to know Elizabeth's type - I relate to her enormously. I've never laid eyes on a character I'd relate to such an extent, regarding both conventional and stressful behaviour. Is there a person willing to elaborate on what functions she uses? I'd be extremely grateful for you to share some thoughts (MBTI, Enneagram, instinctual stacking).

@brightflashes haven't your opinion on Elizabeth's type changed?

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
God! :torn: I need to know Elizabeth's type - I relate to her enormously. I've never laid eyes on a character I'd relate to such an extent, regarding both conventional and stressful behaviour. Is there a person willing to elaborate on what functions she uses? I'd be extremely grateful for you to share some thoughts (MBTI, Enneagram, instinctual stacking).

@brightflashes haven't your opinion on Elizabeth's type changed?
I saw the first season. If she's consistent throughout the series run, she's ISTJ. Te/Fi -- has zero problems bucking authority, challenging her superiors, or asserting her opinions; no peacekeeping tendencies, no appeasement, no emotional tactics -- no Fe.
Si/Ne: open to new possibilities, but slow to second guess or recognize patterns.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
I saw the first season. If she's consistent throughout the series run, she's ISTJ. Te/Fi -- has zero problems bucking authority, challenging her superiors, or asserting her opinions; no peacekeeping tendencies, no appeasement, no emotional tactics -- no Fe.
Si/Ne: open to new possibilities, but slow to second guess or recognize patterns.
Yet, comparing Liz to Restler, who clearly is a Te-Fi user, it doesn't seem they have much in common. Had no intention of giving you spoilers - skip it, if you're willing to, but couldn't she be Ti-Fe?

·
Code Cracked
12,584 Posts
@ENIGMA15 why ENFJ for Liz? How would you type her regarding Enneagram?
I am not a 100% but, based off of my RL interactions with them (TONS for some reason- we are drawn together) She exhibits a lot of the traits of that personality.

With her position alone, almost every aspect of her decision making process revolves around her feelings and external situations. ENFJs have a very likable personality and will help you a lot of the time, almost to the expense of their own well being. It is like they just roll with the world of chaos and drama and are un phased in the aspect of them changing anything or holding a forever grudge/cutting the obviously, guilty party out or holding it against the very people that cause any of it. (betrayal, dishonesty...ect ect)

Somehow, ENFJs also have a way of working around the very things others could do and would be unacceptable to me. I have never disliked her.

Very crafty people as well!

That is my short answer. Anyway, I have not really put much thought into her Enny.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Had to stop watching it at the beginning of season 4, even though Spader's Reddington was awesome. Lizzie's type is stupid and selfish.
A lot of people find her character boring and unsatisfying, still, how would you type her?

·
Registered
6,850 Posts
Have you seen the episode? She radiates Se and Ti.
I haven't, no.

HOW does she radiate them? Specifically?

I remember her ISTP fake boyfriend from the first season, and how dramatically different their reactions and coping mechanisms were -- so I'm wondering how she has shifted from TeFi pragmatism into adjusting to unexpected environmental shifts and coping instantly. How do you go from outer objectivity to inner subjectivity, in terms of logical precision?

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I haven't, no.

HOW does she radiate them? Specifically?

I remember her ISTP fake boyfriend from the first season, and how dramatically different their reactions and coping mechanisms were -- so I'm wondering how she has shifted from TeFi pragmatism into adjusting to unexpected environmental shifts and coping instantly. How do you go from outer objectivity to inner subjectivity, in terms of logical precision?
I cannot explain it in a proper way. Could you watch the episode?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I mostly type using Linda Berens theory (that uses Keirsey's) that crosses Temperaments or core motivations with Interaction Styles (correlated with DiSC and Greek Temperaments). After that I can see if cognitive functions can make sense. I also use 4 sides of the mind theory from CS Joseph that is basically how you change your personality using inferior and shadow functions based on stress and need.

My take is:
Raymond: INTJ Cautious Analyst
Dembe: INFJ Cautious Idealist
Elizabeth: ENFJ Driver Idealist
Tom: ISFP Supportive Explorer
Harold: ESTJ Driver Guardian
Donald: ISTJ Cautious Guardian
Aram: INFP Supportive Idealist
Samar: ISTP Cautious Explorer

41 - 60 of 60 Posts