Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I watched the Blair Witch Project for the first time today.
It's a really great film and it definitely deserves the recognition it gets.
However, it's nowhere near as scary (in my opinion) as many people say it is. I think it's because the standards of technology have increased over time (e.g. the exorcist is no longer as scary as it does not look as realistic), but it was still an amazing film.
I was just wondering if anyone else here has seen it and their thoughts on it. :happy:

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've always thought The Blair Witch Project was an excellent film. I own it on dvd and watched it not too long ago, around Halloween time I believe.

·
Registered
9,017 Posts
Saw it when I was 22 or so. I scared the crap out of me. I watched it with my sister and her boyfriend. That night I lay awake, with my cell phone on. I knew my sister would call me, b/c the movie scared her too. She did call, asking to come and sleep over.

Me and my sister should not watch horror movies!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always thought The Blair Witch Project was an excellent film. I own it on dvd and watched it not too long ago, around Halloween time I believe.
It's basically the first found footage horror film. It's about these people who film a documentary in the woods about the blair witch myth. Anyway they got lost and stuff and the "witch", although we never see what it is, haunts them. It's very good, but quite scary!

·
Registered
699 Posts
See, it's one of those films that isn't scary because of how it jumps out. The Blair Witch Project is not meant to be flashy. It's a very good horror film because it's a joke whose setup leads up to one very major punchline. In fact, I would assert that it still manages to be scarier than 95% of horror films, and better than at least 80% films that come out altogether. It's impact as a cultural phenomenon is fascinating enough, being one of the first films to use the internet as a means of promotion that allowed to succeed so wildly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts