Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like both Forrest Gump and my mother say, life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. My ma takes it a step further and says that you can tell a lot about someone's personality from the way they approach a box of chocolate. Some people stick their hands in the box and grab a piece at random (more spontaneous, perhaps), while others look at the guide to make sure they get exactly what they're looking for.

chocolate.jpg

What's your style, and do you see a correlation with how you approach life?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I don't get it. Why wouldn't you pick specific pieces? You get what you want and there's absolutely no chance of getting a gross flavor. It's just logical.

0/10 personality test would not take again

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahaha it's not to be taken too seriously. I grab the first piece my eyes fall upon regardless of what it is, and I'm usually satisfied with what I get. I suppose I'm okay with mediocrity in life. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
But...there's so much to gain and so little to lose.

It's like, if someone offered to let you see their hand if you were playing cards with them, and you said, "Nah, I'm cool, I'll just see what happens!".

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have had this exact conversation over a game of poker. Theoretically I should have taken the chance, since I lost the hand. But where is the excitement of cards and gambling if you know you've got a sure shot to win? Most of the fun lies in knowing that the odds are against you!

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm a chocolate fan. So much so; I've learned that dark looking, circular one in the lower right corner is usually filled with coconut (a negative on my part). I usually look at the guide anyways. Chocolate eating is serious business; and I don't want my "treat" ruined by accidentally biting into something I don't like, just because I was too lazy to look at a guide.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I'll look for the one that looks like it'll taste the worst and eat it. And then eat one of every other design until I reach the prettiest. And each time I'll just rank their taste and from then on I'll just eat all the worst ones and save the best for last. It's not just chocolate though, I do this for lot of meals xD

I guess from that we can see how I tend to go for aesthically pleasing stuff first, but what else? xD I actually prefer chocolate bars to a box of assorted chocolate, because the taste lasts a lot longer, it's not just a burst of happiness that dies in a minute.
Regarding the poker thing, there really is no point in ruining the game D:

·
Registered
554 Posts
As long as I get the Dark Chocolate, I'm fine ! (Unless it has nuts in it... Never really liked nuts with Chocolate)

·
Ayatollah of Coca-Cola
11,718 Posts
It's like an old classmate of mine used to say: life is like a box of chocolates -- it doesn't last as long for obese people.

:laughing:

·
Registered
932 Posts
I always check the guide. I'd feel bad for wasting a chocolate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts