Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know INFPs have a tendency to be self-critical. We may find ourselves focusing on our weaknesses or percieved weaknesses to the point of becoming miserable.

Since there's always another way to look at things and there's an advantage to every disadvantage, I thought it would be good to focus on the advantages for a change.

Being self-critical = being aware of our faults, not becoming arrogant or thinking we're better than anyone else.

Procrastinating = hours of time saved when we end up not needing to do a task after all.

Feeling unpopular when you see someone with tons of friends = not having to spend time/make the effort with tons of friends.

Not participating in social activities = not participating in social activities
:laughing:

Not jumping in feet first = not jumping in and falling flat on your face + maybe some amusement when you see someone else jump in and fall flat on their face.

Being reserved = the world doesn't know your business, can't use your secrets against you later.

There's always a bright side.
Please add your own examples

·
Registered
234 Posts
Always wanting to do better - Doing better
Being emotionally volatile - Unpredictable, interesting
Takes a long time to process new information - Extremely deep and developed understanding of topics... eventually
Slight laziness and boredom with repetition - Not wasting your life working, and actually enjoying yourself
Being emotional - Apparently the chicks dig it. I am yet to see evidence of this.

Not participating in social activities = not participating in social activities
TRUE DAT

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the understanding eventually one :laughing:

Reactions: Ode to Trees

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Sometimes they are! :laughing: This thread is looking on the bright side. shoo, go on, shoo, pessimistic infp
:laughing: :tongue:
:'( !!!

Being sensitive = avoiding @Neverontime for forever!

:'(

lol

Reactions: Kynx

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:'( !!!

Being sensitive = avoiding @Neverontime for forever!

:'(

lol
:shocked: How is that the bright side? I was going to share my candy with you!

Having no friends = candy all to myself
:tongue:

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Being too quiet to be noticed = hearing secrets because people forget you're there

Sensitive = spotting fakes a mile off

Appearing innocent and naive = many advantages when you're not innocent or naive :laughing:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Being too quiet to be noticed = hearing secrets because people forget you're there
Appearing innocent and naive = many advantages when you're not innocent or naive :laughing:
If they only knew.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
Yes, always trying to do your best
Having compassion for others
Loving animals
Being interested in serious and not so serious theories - seeing a topic from differing angles in order to make your own point.
Seeing a greater picture of things - seeking wholeness
Being able to ask "why," "why not," "how," "what's next," "what will happen if...,"
Mixing things that are not seemingly mixable - coming with your own idea and a view of things
Liking a variety of subjects - being curious about the world.
Not wanting to hurt purposely anyone.
Liking childlike people just for being an innocent and kind addition to the world

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Being able to read people well = not getting into unnecessary fights

Being in touch with emotions = no surprises or regrets later

Being generally quiet = cats like you more

Have a value for authenticity = amassing interesting collections of art, music, literature, clothing, home decor, etc

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lots of great examples from you all

Having your opinions dismissed because they're illogical = seeing the looks on the faces of those who dismissed your opinions when it turns out you're right.

Being misunderstood = people unaware of your motives and intentions.

Being clueless about fashion = not having to wear half the things that are in fashion.

Not keeping up with the Jones' = saving a fortune and more amusement when the Jones' don't know how to use what they've got.

Being weird = never needing to explain yourself because your friends think "That's because you're weird".

Appearing like you don't care = people don't attempt to drag you into their dramatics

·
Registered
47 Posts
Appearing like you don't care = people don't attempt to drag you into their dramatics
THAT. o_O" yea when my friend starts talking small talk and im just like r_r...cool...or when im thinking of something and there talking to me i cant seem to pay attention to what there saying!xD im like m hm...o.o*staring into space*

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
The bright side of being INFP? We are naturally inclined to looking towards the light.

·
Premium Member
INTP
11,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The bright side of being INFP? We are naturally inclined to looking towards the light.
Yeah, it's not poor observation skills, it's dots in our eyes from the light :wink:

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Oh oh oh!

Having a messy desk = something to do when you get bored xD

Reactions: Kynx
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.