Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kids say the most awesome things. Let's share some of their nuggets of wisdom and wonder!

I took the kids out for burgers. The guy at the register asked my son what he'll be having. My son got very pensive. He was thinking for a good long while making "hmmmm...." sounds, untill he looked the guy in square in the eye and said
"A rainbow burger"

·
PerC Mermaid
23,481 Posts
lol so loving this thread.

This is a frag of a conversation I´ve had with my 8 years old girl a few ago.

I picked her up from school and wanted to give her a hug and a kiss when she came out to what she replied "mom pleaaaaseeee not now" so I tried to kiss her again while walking to the bus stop....

Morena (my little daugther): stop doing that mom..
Me: aww why? I just want to show you some looooveee
Morena:*gives me "the look"*
Me: well, if you don´t want my kisses I will give them to another kid who wants them *looks around*
Morena: *grabs my coat and pulls it down* stop it!
Me: Oh look! a kid!! *throw kisses to the air*
Morena: you´re weird....
Me: well, so for you know some of my weird genes are flowing free inside you.
Morena: *after a while* I hope my smart genes take care of all of those weird genes then.
Me: ....... o_O

·
Registered
57 Posts
A few months ago, the grandmother of my 6-year-old cousin had a heart attack and died. His whole family mourned, but he was perfectly fine and didn't shed a tear. So I called him, and it went like this:

Me: Aren't you sad at all? I mean, she was your granny...
Tay: Mmm, no.
Me: Why not?
Tay: As long as we don't forget her, she will continue living in our hearts. Don't you think so?
Me: ...
Tay: Hello? Are you still there?
Me: Yes, sorry, I was just thinking. You're right, she will live on...

He then casually changed the topic. Unfortunately, I was too baffled to respond properly to him. He noticed, so he deemed our conversation as pointless and hung up soon after.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Not necessarily brilliant, but I certainly got told.

Well, I'm no stranger to danger. I've had knives pulled out on me, threats to my life, the whole sha-bang and didn't bat an eye during any of it.

Anyways, the other day I go to the pet store with a friend and see a hamster sprawled out on its back with its eyes shut. I know that for many animals, they can't actually lay like this because of the way their spine is setup, so I figured he may be dead.

So I poked him in his belly and WOMP he closed on me like a mouse trap *bite*
"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Naturally, everyone at the store looked at me (and my friend blew up with laughter).
Then some little 5 year old girl comes up to me and says "they're more scared of you than you are of them" as she calmly pets the hamster then waddles away.

I've never felt like such a wuss. :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
I was outside the house with my then 12-year-old daughter and some really loud, obnoxious older kids walked by.

Daughter: "They're obnoxious!"
Me: "Yes. I hope you don't act like that when you're a teenager."
Daughter: "I might. You never know with kids."

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
This was from the camp I worked out...I don't remember the particular age group of that day, but I want to say around 8 or 9.

I was working at the waterfront, which means I'm in my bathing suit, shorts, and a life jacket. I haven't shaved my legs in days because I normally work at the horse barn, where we're required to wear long pants.

So I'm sitting on the dock, and a kid walks up to me and says, "You know you've got fur on your legs?"

Yes, thanks for the reminder, kid. LOL.

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I was 4 I was told we were going to Cedar Rapids to see Santa Clause.
They kept telling me we were going to see Santa Clause and I kept asking about the Rabbits.
We're going to see Santa Claus!
And the Rabbits?
Yes??? And the Rabbits.

Never saw the Rabbits up in Cedar Rapids.

I got a Teddy Bear for Christmas. Named it Rabbit. :)

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
When I was 4 I was told we were going to Cedar Rapids to see Santa Clause.
They kept telling me we were going to see Santa Clause and I kept asking about the Rabbits.
We're going to see Santa Claus!
And the Rabbits?
Yes??? And the Rabbits.

Never saw the Rabbits up in Cedar Rapids.

I got a Teddy Bear for Christmas. Named it Rabbit. :)
That made me aww :proud:

·
Registered
6,620 Posts
A few months ago, the grandmother of my 6-year-old cousin had a heart attack and died. His whole family mourned, but he was perfectly fine and didn't shed a tear. So I called him, and it went like this:

Me: Aren't you sad at all? I mean, she was your granny...
Tay: Mmm, no.
Me: Why not?
Tay: As long as we don't forget her, she will continue living in our hearts. Don't you think so?
Me: ...
Tay: Hello? Are you still there?
Me: Yes, sorry, I was just thinking. You're right, she will live on...

He then casually changed the topic. Unfortunately, I was too baffled to respond properly to him. He noticed, so he deemed our conversation as pointless and hung up soon after.
Tay = INTJ, lol. (Well... based only off this post, of course.)

My mother & I taking my then 3 yr old nephew to a state park a couple hours away, for some adventuring & picnicing. We're driving in the car on the way to the park. The nephew is, of course, in the backseat in his car seat.

He: *Mumbling about trying to figure out what he was going to tell grandma*
She: Just spit it out, Zach!
He: *Spitting noises coming from the back seat*
She: ZACH! STOP SPITTING IN THE CAR!
He: *Starts whimpering, about to cry*
Me: Don't yell at him. YOU told him to spit it out!
She: That's not what I meant!
Me: I realize that, but he's three. He took you literally.
She: I didn't mean for you to really spit, Zach!
Me: You can't say shit like that to a 3 yr old, ma. Seriously.

I suppose the fact that I was giggling hysterically whilst he was spitting & she was yelling, probably didn't help. But it was funny. :laughing:

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,590 Posts
I'm drawing a blank but these two instances come to mind. Not sure if they apply here but whatever:

I'm at my sis-in-law's house in the backyard by myself (can't remember why). One of my nieces (six) comes out to see me and she just starts talking. She's more reserved so when she talks I listen :) Anyway I can't remember what she started off saying but she starts going on saying (in her soft/cute little voice) "my mom always has friends over. She has so many friends. And I'm like mommy, don't you have enough friends?" It was cute the way she said it. You had to be there. And she was spot on too. Smart girl. My sis-in-law has too many friends and all of them love to use her.

And this one is just funny. My husband's ex girlfriend was giving these little kids a tour of this place where they make cheese. Anyway, they were watching this video and during one part, milk was being processed and this little girl suddenly screams out, "COOKIES! COOKIES! GLORIOUS COOKIES!" No cookies in the video whatsoever lol. Guess her mind automatically went there lol.

·
Registered
6,079 Posts
And this one is just funny. My husband's ex girlfriend was giving these little kids a tour of this place where they make cheese. Anyway, they were watching this video and during one part, milk was being processed and this little girl suddenly screams out, "COOKIES! COOKIES! GLORIOUS COOKIES!" No cookies in the video whatsoever lol. Guess her mind automatically went there lol.
Ne?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My husband was in the elevator going up with the kids. An elderly Albanian lady with a baby got into the elevator and smiled at my son. She had one of her front teeth missing. My son cried out "OH NO!!!! The tooth fairy!!! and yelled out a warning: "GO away toothfairy!!! with his eyes darting around, searching the elevator. Luckily the lady didn't speak english, but my husband said he just cracked up.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
HAHA, I remember an experience when my brother and I were kids. :p like age 8 for him and 11 for me. (we're 16 and 19 now). My mother is rather a smart aleck at times and not gonna lie me and my brother are also can be too, but one time my mom asked us, "What do you think you got from your daddy and I? Like what traits do you think are from which parent?"
Me: I don't know.
Mom: Well who do you think you got your hair from?
Me:.... I don't know. My hair is brown. Neither dad or mom's hair is brown. Yours is black and dad's is blonde.
Mom: well where do you think you got your beautiful looks from?
Me:.... daddy.
Mom: What?? Never mind. (turns to my brother) What traits do you think you got from me?
brother:......... sarcasm.

We got in trouble that day....

Also I sometimes baby sit my niece who is 8 years old. This one time when she was 5, I was babysitting her.
And she said: You know you're a really good friend.
me: Friend? Well I suppose I can be your friend but I'm your aunt, so we're family. Closer than friends.
my niece: Aunt???? you're my aunt?
me: yeah.... (worried) Of course I'm your aunt. Don't you know that?
my niece:.... but you're too young. (I was 15 or 16 at the time)
me:... well age has nothing to do with being your aunt. I'm the younger sister of your daddy.
my niece: no! you're too young!

Another time she was looking through some pictures of some of my friends. And she came across the picture of my best guy friend.
Her: who's this?
Me: oh, that's (insert name) he's one of my best friends.
Her: You can't be friends with boys!
Me: why not?
Her: you have to be friends with girls. Boys are different.
Me: Really?
Her: (drifts to another topic) Oh so I drew this for (insert boy's name) (shows drawing)
Me: who's (insert boy's name)
Her:my friend
Me:?? didn't you say you that you shouldn't have boy friends?
Her: I told you that.
Me: Oh... so it only applies to me?

..... yep kids are wonderful haha. ^-^ I'm sure I'll have many new experiences when I have my own.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
When I was really young, probably no older than four or five my mum used to tell me ''You have your Grandad's eyes'' to which I often replied incredulously ''But if I have Grandad's eyes, how can he see?'' :crazy:

My little niece Autumn (almost 5 now, was more like 3 at the time) was insisting before to her mum, my oldest sister, that bed is where you get sent when you're naughty. My sister tried to explain again and again that you go to bed when you're tired to go to sleep and you aren't being punished - but she wouldn't have it. She then said to her mum that she'd have to be good or she'd send her to bed! :tongue:

I can still recall the feeling of shock and awe at a very young age when one of my sisters revealed to me that our parents were once children. I don't know how i thought they got there, i guess i had just assumed they had been adults the whole time! Sophie (my sister) also referred to mum as a girl and I said 'mum's not a girl, she's a lady!' Apparently to my child mind there is a difference even though they're both female terms. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.