Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Note: I am not this lady. :)

I have to say, I am something more or less like her. She seems to energetic and sociable in the video despite the fact that her personality type has an "I" standing for having a more introverted trait in her personality. I am also a Type 4 with a 3 wing, and people with my type with a 3 wing are more sociable than Type 4s with a 5 wing. Type 4s with 5 wings are much more quieter and takes more time for them to tell people about themselves, while Type 4s with 3 wings have no problem telling everybody about themselves, literally stripping themselves naked in front of everyone in terms of secrets. I have no problem telling people my secret unless they're really traumatizing in my eyes or I fear people will take advantage of me in some way...

How many of you are sociable, bubbly introverts like me? :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
I've actually seen her video before. It's quite amusing! After 30 seconds or so I remember thinking, "I wonder how much of her effervescence is due to caffeine," and then after that she admits she's been drinking tea, so I think to myself, "Really?...how much? A lot? A few Red Bulls thrown in there, too?" She's probably an introvert, though, who's caffeinated and enjoying being able to do and say whatever she wants in front of the camera. I can take on the extravert role in certain situations, around certain people.

I am a 4w5, though, and like you said, I am more reserved and strategic about when and how to express myself. I think that 4w3's are more naturally outgoing because the 3 wing brings them more into a connection with other people on a social level, whereas the 5 wing brings INFPs into connections with people on a more analytical level, which makes basic socializing more complex and intimidating. But if I'm not mistaken, if you get a 4w5 INFP in just the right situation with just the right people, you can see a surprisingly vivacious and jocular being emerge from the silent husk.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've actually seen her video before. It's quite amusing! After 30 seconds or so I remember thinking, "I wonder how much of her effervescence is due to caffeine," and then after that she admits she's been drinking tea, so I think to myself, "Really?...how much? A lot? A few Red Bulls thrown in there, too?" She's probably an introvert, though, who's caffeinated and enjoying being able to do and say whatever she wants in front of the camera. I can take on the extravert role in certain situations, around certain people.

I am a 4w5, though, and like you said, I am more reserved and strategic about when and how to express myself. I think that 4w3's are more naturally outgoing because the 3 wing brings them more into a connection with other people on a social level, whereas the 5 wing brings INFPs into connections with people on a more analytical level, which makes basic socializing more complex and intimidating. But if I'm not mistaken, if you get a 4w5 INFP in just the right situation with just the right people, you can see a surprisingly vivacious and jocular being emerge from the silent husk.
True that. :D I know on a caffeine high, I am bouncing around sharing ideas with people even when they're not in the mood to hear them. :crazy:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I've seen that video before as well. I can see she's different from me, but I can see the I. I think the way she edited the video helps portraying her as more of an extravert. With all the short cuts it looks like she is constantly talking and being crazy. I'm pretty much slapdash, though a bit more reserved being a 9w?. Being comfortable or having a couple of trappist beers can change that.

Reactions: Angel1412kaitou

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
I'm like that with friends and family. I can be pretty bubbly and animated with people I know.

4,757 Posts
It's funny - I fit in perfectly with 4w5 except for the fact that I am not particularly reserved.

I reveal so much of myself to the people I'm close to - even to people I'm not that close to. My thing is that I know that I can never fully reveal myself. First of all, there are things that I keep private. Secondly, I realize that they is too much of me for me to be fully understood. I try and share to get that level of understand - I share and share and share - but I can never get there.

--- actually, that's not entirely correct. I definitely can be reserved. I just need the right people/environment to be ridiculously open

Reactions: lirulin

·
Registered
717 Posts
I like this lady! She's interesting.

I've noticed most people talk a lot when they have caffeine.

I would never describe myself as bubbly, but I am often giddy.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I am definitely not bubbly but I can be fun and spontaneous with friends. I am a 4w5 and I tend to be quite reserved unless I really care about someone. I think the more I care about someone, the more I'm likely to want to share.

·
Registered
444 Posts
bubbly seems to be more of a lady type description in general... But I certainly relate to her. she seems A LOT like me....when i'm comfortable. Not sure if I could do it behind a camera, but around friends, this is just like me. I can blabber off and off and off...and my mind jumps from here to there and often it comes out vocally.

Tea/red bull's...caffeine....has very little effect on me actually.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm not a 4w3, but I do have a 7w6 headfix, so I can seem very bubbly and sociable. But my main/gut type is 9w1 and my heartfix is 4w5, so I can be very withdrawn, too. :confused:

Reactions: ForsakenMe

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
The very idea of "bubbly" gets on my nerves. Even when I feel very animated, it is just in comparison to my usual self; to others, my animated state seems "normal", or how most people express. My usual self is regarded by others as very quiet and calm. I do have a heavy 5 wing and have a self-preserving instinct, but if I am passionate about something & feel safe to let my Ne flow, then I can have a random, almost nervous aspect to my speech that vaguely relates to the girl in the video. I am not necessarily uncomfortable with self-revealing facts and details about my life either - it's the deeper feelings that are protected.

Honestly, she seems ENFP to me; reminds me of many ENFPs I know. If I met her, I'd probably type her as one in my head. I do get how the 3 wing would make someone more expressive and "open", but I imagine the demonstration of feeling would still be in small doses; it takes a lot of energy for an introvert to show that much enthusiasm.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Eh, I'm definitely an introvert but around shy people/when I'm high of caffeine/with close friends, I can come across as an extravert. I suspect that me talking into a camera+with few hundred mg of caffeine pumping through my veins, I would come across as energetic and bubbly.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I'm sure most will disagree with me, but....I think she's an esfp. Non stop dramatic hand gesturing, surface level talk, never once looks down, not very reflective. I don't think it's a product of extreme editing and tea. I'm not saying this to be different, just going with my intuition, which yes on occasion can be wrong :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
The very idea of "bubbly" gets on my nerves. Even when I feel very animated, it is just in comparison to my usual self; to others, my animated state seems "normal", or how most people express. My usual self is regarded by others as very quiet and calm. I do have a heavy 5 wing and have a self-preserving instinct, but if I am passionate about something & feel safe to let my Ne flow, then I can have a random, almost nervous aspect to my speech that vaguely relates to the girl in the video. I am not necessarily uncomfortable with self-revealing facts and details about my life either - it's the deeper feelings that are protected.

Honestly, she seems ENFP to me; reminds me of many ENFPs I know. If I met her, I'd probably type her as one in my head. I do get how the 3 wing would make someone more expressive and "open", but I imagine the demonstration of feeling would still be in small doses; it takes a lot of energy for an introvert to show that much enthusiasm.....
I thought she could be ENFP, too. But I basically refused to analyze it much, because a video with lots of cuts and segments of a girl who is maybe tripping out a little on caffeine can cause problems in trying to conclude type. Not to mention that some people enjoy the freedom of trying to be a different kind of person in front of the camera that they might not be able to pull off around friends. Concerning enthusiasm, I am usually one of the most quiet people you'd meet, but sometimes I can demonstrate more enthusiasm than this girl, even. Around my other INFP friend who is the most shy person I know, for some reason I turn into this ball of energy and randomness. An observer would not likely view me as an introvert.

I think of it this way. Every introvert uses extraversion, but sometimes introverts can go such long periods within their introversion that their inner need to extravert builds up, and there may be sporadic occasions where it manifests itself. For me, it's around my other INFP friend, or other occasions. For her, it could be that the camera is an opportunity to just let it all out and extravert, which she does, indicated by her continual scanning and commenting on things around her.

She could be ENFP or INFP...a different video where there are no cuts and she talks for more than 30 seconds on a particular subject and it would be 2000% easier to understand the type, even if she's hyper.

·
Registered
615 Posts
She acts like me after one too many energy drinks. Well, one is enough for me depending on the situation. :p
Honestly, people have constantly typed me as ENFJ, which is rather odd, since I don't relate to them as much as the INFX's.
Or maybe I'm an ENFP, but one who's just a lot more quiet/less outgoing than some.
I'm guessing that she could be INFP who has a ton of energy to spend, or is just in one of those extremely giddy moods that is positively wondrous. :3 Y'know, the one where you can't stop laughing for at least 10 minutes straight for what seems like no reason ("Mommy, that girl is scaring me..."-My friend), or having random fits of sobbing at midnight/an extremely awkward place to cry ("You look tired, lol."-friend).
Also, when I feel nothing inside, everybody comments on how hyper and happy I seem. When I contemplate suicide, but is forced to be in socialized mode, people will smile, and say how adorable and optimistic/easily entertained I am.
I honestly don't get it, maybe it's because my mom has instilled inside me her values and mottos: "If you smile at the world, the world smiles back."
It's great, but doesn't seem to work unless it's a true smile from the inside.
Silly me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I agree-- I totally get that she's an INFP. I get like this alot actually (handwaving, over excited, that face that she makes at the end- yeah. do that alot). But then 5 minutes post-energetic outburst I want to shoot myself in the foot for acting so rediculous. It doesn't ever feel right.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
It seems more energetic because of how she edited it, I think. Usually with introverts, there tends to be a pause between thoughts when speaking... and because she cut out the gaps, you can't really get a full sense of her speech mannerisms.

Apparently i'm 4w3 and I am not really like the OP video. I've even done acting and performing, and I still don't come out at the camera like that (i've made a few videos I've discarded). I would say I can be very silly, playful and i'm usually really easy going. But when I watch over them, they are a little more relaxed and reserved energy wise. My intj sister can be pretty "out there" and crazy, but it's more punctuated and the energy flow is still more contained than an extravert's might be. It's hard to explain, but i'm talking about sensing the energy flow. I notice enfps' tend to jump from idea to idea... I just don't do that. I generally stay on track with what i'm talking about, and then integrate it with other ideas. That jumpiness kind of disconcerts me. I need a bit of time to think and mull over, rather than move quickly through different ideas.

I use hand gestures (around friends) and voice tones (around friends) and I can be quite expressive (depending on the context). I had to learn to get through my reservations though (I used to hate public speaking, but now I'm used to it and I can be quite effective at communicating, when i'm given time to prepare). You see a different side of me when I know you and like you. If you don't know me, i'm not overtly expressive but I can still talk to people. If you know me better, you see the more expressive, passionate (yet still reserved) side of me.

I wouldn't say i'm bubbly at all. I'm more friendly, easy going and warm (more around friends). Sociable? not really. I get on ok with people, sure. But I'm not running around sitting on peoples laps at parties and shaking everyones hands, you know? I can be a good host, introduce people, get things rolling... but I'm not "out there" about it. I hate being the center of attention in a social setting. I'm a self pres/sexual in the enneagram, so I much prefer 1 on 1 interactions with someone I like, than being in a group, which kind of restricts my sociability tendencies. I prefer observing the group and interacting with one or two people in a more intimate setting (I usually approach).

I'm not very open about myself at all. I've only just learned through posting on this forum how to be open about myself.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Has it been mentioned that this video was posted in the INFP vBlog thread? Not sure if the original poster was her, but yes I found this hilarious then as now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts