Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm new here but theres something I'm wondering. Many people in my life tell me I have this calm thing. My dad has it too and hes also an istp. My friend also says her dad has it and I would say from what I know of him that he is an istp too. Has anyone ever told you this? I'm wondering if it is to do with our type.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
I've had one person tell me that I was the "chillest motherf*****" they ever met. That hasn't happened for a long time because I'm usually pissed off now.

·
Registered
889 Posts
One of my former bandmates laughed and said "I love your blasé attitude, dude!" to me as I got to the gig 15 minutes before our set, after having been stuck in traffic for an hour and a half, like nothing happened. I just casually walked up and said "hey, what's up, guys?". :laughing:

On the flip side, people that have known me for a while also know that I can be incredibly intense when focused.

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Heh, my ESTJ father is always confused when I give him my opinion on traffic. "Who cares about traffic. if you wait 30 minutes for traffic to subside, you will still arrive 30 minutes late."

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't have one don't drive that far.But I know that a little box ordering me to do something would piss me off :tongue:

·
Registered
889 Posts
Try 8k miles, coast to coast and back, with a Garmin that constantly gives the wrong directions. We got stuck on the freeways in Salt Lake City for almost an hour because the driver kept listening to the stupid GPS. Ugh.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Try 8k miles, coast to coast and back, with a Garmin that constantly gives the wrong directions. We got stuck on the freeways in Salt Lake City for almost an hour because the driver kept listening to the stupid GPS. Ugh.
Your post is noted. No Garmin in my future GPS purchases, or at least check the reviews carefully.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I don't know how many times I've been told I'm the chillest ma'fucker people have met.
One of my buddies in the Marines will come down to visit and ends up bragging on me like no other when he gets drunk. It's the funniest shit, really. He's actually grabbed me, pulled me over to people and announced to the how I'm "The coolest goddamn hippy" he's ever met, while slurring. He also makes sure to mention how much he fucking hates hippies when he's saying this too. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
At least GPS is faster than memorizing map directions.
No. Way. Unless they work way better over Stateside than they do here (which ThoughtProcess pretty much confirmed they don't).

My navigation method consists of memorizing general directions/headings/names of places until I get really close to my destination where I start memorizing details. It has happened to me that I've chosen routes that were slower than what a GPS would have recommended, but that's very uncommon. Taking a look at that map and remembering the road numbers and some helpful waypoints isn't any slower than entering a destination address, and it works even if you suddenly would lose your satlink or something.

·
Registered
416 Posts
No. Way. Unless they work way better over Stateside than they do here (which ThoughtProcess pretty much confirmed they don't).

My navigation method consists of memorizing general directions/headings/names of places until I get really close to my destination where I start memorizing details. It has happened to me that I've chosen routes that were slower than what a GPS would have recommended, but that's very uncommon. Taking a look at that map and remembering the road numbers and some helpful waypoints isn't any slower than entering a destination address, and it works even if you suddenly would lose your satlink or something.
I and my two other cousins, drove from Massachusetts all the way to California and back with a GPS. That's close to 5000 miles of driving. We also made a few detour trips to restaurants as well. There was just two mistakes I made, but the GPS redirected us back to the correct direction. I felt confident with that GPS. It's the cheapest TomTom GPS in the market.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Serenity is a state of mind many strive for. We are there already, unless something forces us out. Takes a LOT to move me from that state.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts