Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't found anything reasonably accurate online so I created this list. There are 16 MBTI, but only 12 animals on the zodiac. Four types are missing including INTPs, ISTPs, ESTPs, and ESFJs, . INTPs and ISTPs are like a Yin version of the monkey (ENTP). ESTPs can easily be lumped in with the horse (ESFP).

The first letter was easy.
Yang = Extravert (quick energy, aggressive)
Yin = Introvert (slow energy, passive)

1. Rat Yang ENFJ "Forthright, tenacious, intense, meticulous, charismatic, sensitive, intellectual, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, artistic, and shrewd."
  2. Ox Yin ISTJ "Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious."
  3. Tiger Yang ESTJ "Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous."
  4. Rabbit Yin ISFP "Gracious, good friend, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, shy, astute, compassionate, lucky, flexible."
  5. Dragon Yang ENTJ "Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, eccentric, intellectual, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, artistic, generous, loyal."
  6. Snake Yin INFJ "Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful."
  7. Horse Yang ESFP "Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded."
  8. Goat Yin INFP "Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, compassionate, understanding, mothering, peaceful, generous, seeks security."
  9. Monkey Yang ENTP "Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, artistic, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual, intellectual."
  10. Rooster Yin INTJ "Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible."
  11. Dog Yang ENFP "Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, sensitive, easy going."
  12. Pig Yin ISFJ "Honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent."
Cat ??? Did not become a zodiac animal because of the rat.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
ISTJ

Snake (Yin)

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ISTJ

Snake (Yin)
ISTJ
  • Their desire to execute known systems against concrete facts makes them happy to chunk through large amounts of routine work.
  • With their respect for rules and order, they value honesty and integrity and seek to live with these ideals.
  • An ISTJ has a "stick to it" attitude. They're not afraid of hard work, and will put forth a great deal of effort towards something that they are interested in. This persistence will help the ISTJ to achieve any identified goal.
  • The ISTJ's value for social structure makes them more interested in being social than is true for many Introverts.
Ox "Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious."

These ISTJ traits shout Ox. The description for snakes sounds very Ni dominant (Introverted Intuition).

Reactions: MonieJ

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
ISTJ
  • Their desire to execute known systems against concrete facts makes them happy to chunk through large amounts of routine work.
  • With their respect for rules and order, they value honesty and integrity and seek to live with these ideals.
  • An ISTJ has a "stick to it" attitude. They're not afraid of hard work, and will put forth a great deal of effort towards something that they are interested in. This persistence will help the ISTJ to achieve any identified goal.
  • The ISTJ's value for social structure makes them more interested in being social than is true for many Introverts.
Ox "Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious."

These ISTJ traits shout Ox. The description for snakes sounds very Ni dominant (Introverted Intuition).
Agreed but it's zodiac we can't help what we were born under :happy:

Reactions: Wonszu and Palaver

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Monkey INTP here.

Reactions: Palaver

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed but it's zodiac we can't help what we were born under :happy:
Oh! I thought you preferred the description of the snake over the ox.

Of course, it would be silly to think that everyone born in same year would have the same personality. There are also animals signs for your month and the hour you were born in. The hour is considered the most important to your personality. However, I don't believe that your time of birth determines your personality.

I just wondered if the archetypes present in the Chinese zodiac had any strong correlations to the personality types found in the MBTI--even if the numbers don't match up.

Reactions: MonieJ

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Oh! I thought you preferred the description of the snake over the ox.

Of course, it would be silly to think that everyone born in same year would have the same personality. There are also animals signs for your month and the hour you were born in. The hour is considered the most important to your personality. However, I don't believe that your time of birth determines your personality.

I just wondered if the archetypes present in the Chinese zodiac had any strong correlations to the personality types found in the MBTI--even if the numbers don't match up.
Ahhh ok then

and I like some of the characteristics for the Snake zodiac not all though. :happy:

Reactions: Palaver

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interesting concept... but ISTPs are not introverted versions of ENTP :p
ISTPs are Ti dominant--like INTPs. The most Ti (introverted thinking) zodiac animal seems to be the monkey (which ENTPs clearly embody). I meant that ISTPs are more like the monkey than any other animal. They are hard place within the zodiac as they also have some dog qualities.

• ISTPs have a compelling drive to understand the way things work.
  • They're good at logical analysis, and like to use it on practical concerns.
  • They typically have strong powers of reasoning, although they're not interested in theories or concepts unless they can see a practical application.
  • They like to take things apart and see the way they work.
  • ISTPs have an adventuresome spirit.
  • ISTPs are fiercely independent, needing to have the space to make their own decisions about their next step.
  • They do not believe in or follow rules and regulations, as this would prohibit their ability to "do their own thing".
  • Their sense of adventure and desire for constant action makes ISTPs prone to becoming bored rather quickly.
  • ISTPs are loyal to their causes and beliefs, and are firm believers that people should be treated with equity and fairness.
  • Although they do not respect the rules of the "System", they follow their own rules and guidelines for behavior faithfully.
  • They will not take part in something which violates their personal laws. ISTPs are extremely loyal and faithful to their "brothers".
  • They absorb large quantities of impersonal facts from the external world, and sort through those facts, making judgments, when they are alone.
  • ISTPs are action-oriented people.
  • Adaptable and spontaneous, they respond to what is immediately before them.
  • They usually have strong technical skills, and can be effective technical leaders. They focus on details and practical things.
  • They have an excellent sense of expediency and grasp of the details which enables them to make quick, effective decisions.
  • ISTPs avoid making judgments based on personal values - they feel that judgments and decisions should be made impartially, based on the fact

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
Born in the year of the fire tiger. Details in my signature. :) I can be a gentle kitten, but go against my ethics, values, piss me off and I'll tear you apart ^^ haha. I'm also sort of an ambivert, leaning more towards INFP with the functions.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Ratty INFJ!

·
Registered
551 Posts
ESFP Rat?! I guess I'm an anomaly! :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I'm a Rooster which is supposed to be an INFJ, according to the OP. But I'm an ISFJ. Heh. One letter short I guess.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I always tell people that I'm a tiger who feels like a rabbit, now it makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I'm a dragon ISFJ, but dragons are ENTJs. I guess it doesn't fit well. I do have friends that are ENTJs, though we don't always get along.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts