Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not even mid-November and the shops have already got tinsel and Christmas trees up. That's well over 10 percent of the year spent getting ready for that one day. Exciting? Excessive? What do you think?

My NT friend and I agreed that it made us aggressive. I feel sorry for people who work in shops where they have to listen to Christmas CDs on repeat.

·
Banned
3,417 Posts
I'm a J, I want to get Christmas planning out of the way so we can enjoy it better.

This means making lists, checking them twice, finding out who's..nvm...getting things bought for everyone so as not to leave it to the last minute and be panicked.

It makes that one day when the family are all together, that warm feeling, far more enjoyable without panicking. Though I think some people like the drama of panicking and shopping in a fluster, I suppose that could provide a Christmasy feeling.

Decorations are just something to get out of the way if you ask me, well in my case anyway. Though I usually wait until a week or two before Christmas.

·
Registered
911 Posts
It's a bit silly... but I cannot say I don't enjoy it for a change. The decorations are nice and it's refreshing to see. Not that I decorate before Christmas; I'd get too tired of that shit. Or I'd leave the Christmas tree on my desk all-year long.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Very exciting, definitely -- the only time when I think it's too early to start preparing for Christmas is before my birthday!!

:happy:

·
Registered
52 Posts
At the beginning of August my best friend and I walked into a Hobby Lobby and saw that Christmas had thrown up on that corner of the store. That is what I call too early. Even my best friend objected to it and this is a girl that has said numerous times that she wanted a radio station to play Christmas songs all year round.

I personally wish that people would wait until the end of November/ first week of December to start putting up Christmas decorations. Sure the decorations are (normally) nice to look at but I generally stop noticing they are there a week before Christmas and only start paying attention again in January.

·
Registered
74 Posts
A little too early if you ask me. Then again, this is coming from the person who spends Christmas Eve/early Christmas morning shopping. >>;

·
Registered
487 Posts
Meh, my dad already has them up, and I don't mind.

It certainly is weird living with an ISTP (bah humbug) and an ESTP (CRISTMAS!!!) though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts