Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our band has been practicing for several centuries now. Very recently, we've been attempting to record (without a budget, of course) an album-length collection of our original pieces.

We're called 'The Circadian Kingdom', and here is one of our tracks (titled 'Inquisition'):

In alphabetical order:
Nav Ganti - Organ / Saxophone
Stefan Lake - Drums (sadly, not included in this song.)
Kiaran McMillan - Guitar
Garrett Petersen - Visuals
Todd Schmid - Bass
Brian Thornley - Vocals

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow, I really love this. I always love when people pull together to complete an album on their own. The production on your two pieces that you've posted are really good. I really love the artwork too; the style compliments the music. It doesn't sound amateurish; it sounds incredibly legitimate and well done (It doesn't just sound legitimate--it IS legitimate). Are you releasing an album, or did you just record for the sake of getting your music out there?

As for actual sound, it's not something I would normally listen to, but I did really enjoy it. The vocals are unique and mellow; makes me feel good. A nice blend of instruments, there's nothing overpowering. I'd like to hear some more saxophone! :) I noticed that both pieces seemed to build up at the end. Just an observation. What genre would you say you guys are? Thanks for posting this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, I really love this. I always love when people pull together to complete an album on their own. The production on your two pieces that you've posted are really good. I really love the artwork too; the style compliments the music. It doesn't sound amateurish; it sounds incredibly legitimate and well done (It doesn't just sound legitimate--it IS legitimate). Are you releasing an album, or did you just record for the sake of getting your music out there?

As for actual sound, it's not something I would normally listen to, but I did really enjoy it. The vocals are unique and mellow; makes me feel good. A nice blend of instruments, there's nothing overpowering. I'd like to hear some more saxophone! :) I noticed that both pieces seemed to build up at the end. Just an observation. What genre would you say you guys are? Thanks for posting this.
We're just trying to get the music out there. I'd say we're alternative rock... but slowly we've been moving more and more into the pop realm. Lately I've been influenced by a lot of Hall & Oates, The Kinks and Caribou. Right now I'm mixing a couple more tracks, and I'll post them when I'm finished. Hopefully you'll be able to recognize the new sound!

Thanks for listening! :laughing:

Very nice. I like. can I have a mp3?
Sure! Here you are: Download Inquisition.mp3 from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

Reactions: L'Empereur

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've posted a new track here: CBC Radio 3

It's called Windowshoppers' Union.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts