Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You ever notice that a lot of businesses use similar colors. Fast food chains use a lot of red and yellow to get your attention, they get you to come in order and get out. Let look at the colors and what they can represent. Red is a color that attracts us with passion but can warn of danger. Fire can be used to signify warmth, protection, signal for help and when out of control a warning. Yellow is a enlightening color it represent the light of the sun that brings our day, cycles in and out, gold or treasure. It can represent cowardice like the saying are you yellow. Urine to removal of bodily waste ties into the cowardice because some people when scared enough they urinate them self's in fear and are covered in yellow.

This is just one of the many color combinations that is used on us or dare I say against us. Subconsciously we pickup on these colors which in turn creates an unconsciously desire. The trick is to become aware of this and to understand why we are attracted to these places when hungry. This also extents to the use of symbols, names, letters, and numbers as well.

Well what do you think?

·
Registered
7,128 Posts
It's true. But I'm also kind of glad they do it, I some times get no-brand goods that come in plain packages with no picture and just a plain font for the name... and I have to admit that fancy packaging is more appealing.

So I'm kind of torn between "this is manipulative packaging" and "this is the best package you could do? really?"

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of times the package and the product are one in the same. During the holidays I received a few shirts, All with the logos prominently displayed. People often substitute a brand-name for the actual product name as is the case with Q-tips, Kleenex, and especially band-aids. It wasn’t until my late teens that I found out that band-aids are actually adhesive bandages

1 - 3 of 3 Posts