Personality Cafe banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
"Do I have the same opinion on personality tests as astrology, you mean?" yes.

"I don't think this analogy is accurate. This is more reflective of the poor state of the medical industry than anything else."- Yes it is, but I believe it starts elsewhere.

Anyway, as I said, as usual, I've started writing and gotten carried away.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
@monemi that thing about your generation, it's normal in Astrolgy, it has to do with the transits. Most generation from 86 to 89 for example as Pluto in scorpio.
If i'm not in error.
Okay.

@ monemi

As I've said before, you have to look at the "big picture".
Focus on the details, to comprehend the big picture, like a medical exam.

Also, don't forget, a birth chart, describes all your life.
Not just the present moment.

In the present, I feel more of my asc in sagitarius than years before. And its normal in astrology for your rising sign to manifest more after the adolescence.

And again, you have to look at the houses and the aspects of the planets.
If you have a moon in cancer that falls in the house 2. You won't be so sentimental about others, you will be more sentimental about your money. You would strive to work and earned it for you and the family. (your family, if you choose to marry and have a baby, probably, just after your carrier).

I wish I could have done a "fake fortune" for you like I did for @Ksilva before you send this.

Still, trying to look at the bigger picture, i'm gonna say what I think.

You are capricorn, your mercury is in sagitarius, but your mars is in capricorn.
You think (mercury ) and communicate like a Sagittarius. You look like a sympathetic open person, cus your curious, big thinker, inquisitive, inteligent, independent, sympathetic and nice for the people you love, but you act (mars) as a capricorn. Serious, reserved in your feelings, independent, a focused on details and perfectionist kind of person, who like to work, work and...WORK! Ambitious, very ambitious and self centered. Probably a little too materialistic, who preoccupy herself more over money and her own and the family security, than others people's feelings.

Your moon and asc in cancer, next with your libra aspects could soften this, as they are very sweet, emotional and disorganized signs.
So, you would be more of a capricornian "control freak" over your emotions, trying to control them and masquerade your feelings than with your, say, your room for example.

Your humor can change a lot. You can seem apparently calm to people, but your are tempestuous inside, especially accompanying the moon phases.

:( "whaaatt? why am I crying over this?? I never cryyy!!" #eats a sprinkled donut# crunch, munch #eats a chocolate# munch

Three days later: wtf was wrong with me the other day? I never cry! my period must be coming or somethin...

You will probably demonstrate more your feelings if you marry, AND especially with your children. Maybe with children in general you are kinder.

I'm not talking about boyfriends/girlfriends, as a capricornian with rising sign and moon in cancer you would definitely be looking for your perfect "soulmate"
to share a life and tasks with. But your mercury and especially, your Venus in Sagittarius breaks this. A lot!
I know some people with venus in sagitarius, and let me say, even i don't understand this very well:

x "You are very aware of the need to maintain a high sense of morality in a relationship. YES! but... --> More the honesty and morality to say: "look John..."
- James!
- "James, sorry, I don't have time for relationships, or the energy, so no strings attached okay? Let's just play. " (occasionally this trait could enter into shock with your need to have someone, cancerian traits, especially if it is a fiery fun free spirited partner/sex partner )

x "Your loyalty and interest will remain constant in any relationship (either friendly, personal or business) that is based on fairness, honesty and justice". ---> Honesty and justice yeah! but WILL REMAIN CONSTANT?! NO! NEVER" The only constant thing a sagitarius needs is the constant innovation and change. They get bored pretty easily.

x "But you will become greatly hurt and disappointed if the other person takes any but the high road with you." as you said- "somewhat disappointed, but move on quickly enough."--> sagitarius move on pretty quickly enough, especially, for another adventure. The world is a big place, they have more to explore!!

x"Also, you cannot tolerate anyone being overly emotionally possessive of you. " This is a sagitarian trait, but with your moon in cancer maybe you will like to know that people need you.

Also, like a Sagittarius and a Capricorn, you will always say what you think. Even if its rude (a normal sagitarian could be crudely honest and naif about this) a sagitarian/capricornian kind of person can be very aware, and even like it sometimes, especially if ppl hurt them fisrt.
A crude, brutally, honest kind of person that even talks with irony and sarcasm to complement the rest. You need to do it right? Because people never understand when you are just simply nice and honest, you have to draw a fucking picture!
Also, you have uranus in scorpio, so add dark sarcasm here. You probably just laugh about that dark humour movies. Oh, and that time your sister fell down the stairs when you were younger.

Capricorn/sagitarius (realistic, sarcastic person) ignoring your somewhat cancer traits:
ex:
random stranger- "Hey Lara! :) How are you today? " #Lara´s is in the library, trying to finish the first part of her ideias planning for her thesis, wich she only has to start to work on it next year, and as always. she doesn´t have time to chit chat.#

Lara: "Fine." #Lara continue's to write. Almost not looking at the random stranger, that she actually know, because it's a colleague.

Random stranger/colleague, is a trust destiny and strangers kinda person and feels bad today and is in some need of attention, especially, because its a very sympathetic person and finds Lara a very mysterious but just too serious and rude person, and doesn´t understand why, so she starts to initiate a talk.

Random stranger/Colleague: Do you like my new dress? :) (trying to get some attention from lara, and to get her away from her best friends- the books.)

Lara: I don't like it, makes you look fatter.

Colleague: :/ :( okay... I better be going then... I'm gonna leave you to your books... #very hurted by this, and walks away trying to hide her tears...

Lara (for herself): yeah! run away for momma big baby and let me finish my work. Where was I going? ah! yeah! social structures and rules for the society in the Parliament...

(Probably random stranger would try this yet another day, as she is a so sweet and trustworthy person) "Maybe she is better tomorrow... maybe I'm boring..." she thinks.

If your planets in cancer are well aspected you could actually feel guilt later, mostly if the random stranger/colleague was a friend.
If your planets in cancer are not well aspected, you can be manipulative, and blackmailer.

Now, focusing on your statistics up there, your cancer rising sign could reflect more of your physical appearance, if you are tiny and have fragile looking figure (fragile and tiny, doesn´t mean thin.)

So, you think like a true capricorn.
You value you, yourself and...... you. If you don´t do it? Who's gonna do it then?
Only your mother. (sometimes)

You probably love your mother because she was very supportive of you while growing up. Maybe I can´t say that about the father, most capricorns have father issues.

Important: Your true node in leo shows that even if you don't want it, you always gonna get people's attention, because you were born to shine and be fabulous! And creative! Deal with it!
You have to put yourself first, and you probably will be more emotional and dramatic when you have your wife/husband and kids.

See if this rings a bell
True node in leo:

North Node in Leo -- South Node in Aquarius

I respect your opinion on this matter.

"Astrology strokes ego's, lets people believe about themselves the things that they want to believe." The world is made on the things we like to believe. That's how we dream about something, want something, and then... get it done!

If you love science, you can take it from Einstein:

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
"Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love."
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

I could go one and on but I'm not gonna bore you any longer with this.

This is one of me favs though- "A person starts to live when he can live outside himself."

Again I appreciate your opinion and the share of your experience.
I don't want to be an asshole, but like you said, after I've already given a lot of information from the chart, you have a lot of information to work from.

Reactions: ai.tran.75

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
"Do I have the same opinion on personality tests as astrology, you mean?" yes.

"I don't think this analogy is accurate. This is more reflective of the poor state of the medical industry than anything else."- Yes it is, but I believe it starts elsewhere.

Anyway, as I said, as usual, I've started writing and gotten carried away.
No, I think personality typing is more reliable. Personality tests are often inaccurate, but when we get into typing by functions, I think it is very useful and applicable to real life, as opposed to astrology which I have never found useful. I used to study astrology in high school and gave up once I realized how pointless it was.

·
Registered
15,172 Posts
So I randomly glimpse through 12 zodiac signs once because my friend bought me an astrology book- turns out libra describe my exact personality ! Too bad I'm born in January and I'm a Capricorn - which is nothing like my personality not even close - I don't believe in astrology .

But to answer your question

Asc- Capricorn
Sun- Capricorn
moon- Aries
Venus- Capricorn
Mercury- Sagittarius

Reactions: PallasAthena

·
Registered
308 Posts
"Tricky subject matter. I believe astrology has a solid foundation that has been tainted by human interpretation. My theory involves something like Being in the womb at certain times of the year, being fed certain foods and being affected by the weather patterns, among many others. Somewhat along the lines of the butterfly effect, right down to the air particles that traveled too left instead of right. Don't feel like typing all this out in detail."

Interesting theory.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Astrology always has me mixed up--even though I'm an Aries, I don't display any aggressive or competitive traits unless provoked, and I have never had a penchant for spots or physical activities.
I identify more as a Pisces--I think I was actually born later than I should've been, so that's possibly the reason why? I acknowledge both as parts of me, however.

Being an INFJ, Melancholic, etc. isn't fitting to an Aries at all, and I hate being in leadership positions or in a spot where decisions are left up to me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Astrology always has me mixed up--even though I'm an Aries, I don't display any aggressive or competitive traits unless provoked, and I have never had a penchant for spots or physical activities.
I identify more as a Pisces--I think I was actually born later than I should've been, so that's possibly the reason why? I acknowledge both as parts of me, however.

Being an INFJ, Melancholic, etc. isn't fitting to an Aries at all, and I hate being in leadership positions or in a spot where decisions are left up to me.
If your date of birth is very close to Pisces and you only just made it into Aries, you may be what they call an Aries-Pisces cusp, which basically means that you are so close to the movement of both signs that you take on aspects of both, as well. I don't know your date of birth, so I can't say if this would be the case for you in particular.

One other thing that may be the case is if you have some planet signs in Pisces. Like, for example, for myself: I am an Aries (March 26th) but only really see this come out in me when I'm agitated-- then I'm likely to get anxious, impatient, and quick tempered. However, my Mercury (the planet that rules the way one thinks and communicates) is in Pisces, which means that I think and talk to others in a very emotional, dreamy way, much like a full Pisces.

So either of these may be the case, too. Doing the free chart with your birth date and time would let you see where the different planets fall and what areas of life (your Houses) are supposed to be most important to you.

For myself, personally, I have found the chart to be highly accurate and always have. It's taking the different components and blending them together under different circumstances that makes it more accurate. Like, you can't just say "Well, my Sun is Aries, therefore I must be Aries through and through." There are a LOT of other factors at work to make up the personality that we are in regards astrology.

·
Premium Member
6,857 Posts
I'm an Aries. It fits.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
I doubt there's a correlation, but I'm also one of the people who doesn't put much - if any - faith in astrology. Who knows, there might be one.

Rising Sign - Gemini
Sun - Leo
Moon - Pisces
Mercury - Cancer
Venus - Virgo
Mars - Scorpio
Jupiter - Taurus
Saturn - Taurus
Uranus - Aquarius
Neptune - Aquarius
Pluto - Sagittarius
N. Node - Leo
Rising Sign - Aries
Sun - Virgo
Moon - Pisces
Mercury - Leo
Venus - Leo
Mars - Scorpio
Jupiter - Taurus
Saturn - Taurus
Uranus - Aquarius
Neptune - Aquarius
Pluto - Sagittarius
N. Node - Leo

Wow, mine is incredibly similar to yours, raveninwhite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
INTP + detailed horoscope are perfectly fit me.

Cancer Sun
Gemini Rising & Mercury & Venus
Libra Moon
Pisces Mars & Chiron
Sagittarius Saturn & Uranus
Capricorn Neptune
Scorpio Pluto
Aquarius MC

·
Banned
2,044 Posts
Sun2°04'Aries
Moon23°26'Sagittarius
Mercury12°34'Pisces
Venus23°59'Aquarius
Mars13°11'ЯLeo
Jupiter15°15'Sagittarius
Saturn17°06'Pisces
Uranus29°43'Capricorn
Neptune25°12'Capricorn
Pluto0°30'ЯSagittarius
Chiron22°35'ЯVirgo
Ceres6°53'Leo
Pallas4°39'Gemini
Juno1°49'Capricorn
Vesta0°09'Cancer
Node6°03'Scorpio
Lilith14°18'Taurus
Fortune7°41'Pisces
AS16°19'Gemini
MC1°26'Pisces
Planets in Houses[SUP]*[/SUP]
SunHouse 10
MoonHouse 7
MercuryHouse 10
VenusHouse 9
MarsHouse 3
JupiterHouse 6
SaturnHouse 10
UranusHouse 8
NeptuneHouse 8
PlutoHouse 6
ChironHouse 4
CeresHouse 3
PallasHouse 12
JunoHouse 7
VestaHouse 1
NodeHouse 5
LilithHouse 12
FortuneHouse 10

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
14,935 Posts
Astrology died the moment we found out that the Earth is not the center of the universe. If things line up differently depending on where you are, then there's no significance to them lining up here.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts