Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Photopic Sky Survey

I want to know what's your reaction each when seeing this website.

As for me, I feel...really speechless and out of words and felt soo amazed...we are so small in Universe...and somehow, feel very amazed and thankful...for our existence, and how very very small we are in the vast, amazing sea of Universe..

We are all ONE & Together, in our tiny blue Home called: Planet Earth :)

(optional: as for the perfect background music to enhance more of your experience when viewing that beyond-words website, may I suggest this cosmic beautiful piece of music from FFVII OST, titled: The Lifestream. here's the music:
)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've been watching The Universe on Netflix and it's a real eye opener, it's amazing how much I've learned. I mean, did you know that we're not even the freakin center of the milky way galaxy? we're on the edge of one of it's spirals! surrounded by other stars and planetary systems! and the center of it is a super huge black hole that can fit more then a trillion of our suns! and did you know that we're also in the middle of merging with two other smaller galaxies?! It's incredible and breathtakingly scary, somethings I learn on that series make me want to just piss myself and run in circles screaming for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
My reaction? Incomprehensible vastness, and infinite possibility. It reminds me of the world of dreams I used to inhabit in my youth. I feel so very humbled to be even able to set my eyes on the celestial, but my acknowledgement of my insignificance set against such an impressive reference point does not fill me with worthlessness but rather a sense of profound appreciation for the miracle of life. Allowing myself to become absorbed by the imagery I feel as though my spirit is swimming within a sea of stars.

And niki, great suggestion on the music, I must say. I almost felt like I was in Bugenhagen's observatory, haha! Nah but really, it was appropriate. Somehow fitting.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Reminds me of the time as a kid when my favourite book was a cheap, astronomy booklet with known planets and constellations. We had nine planets in the solar system back then!

I'd spend so many hours looking at them. And I still keep a lookout for stars when I'm out at night. Funny how somethings don't change.

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
I've been watching The Universe on Netflix and it's a real eye opener, it's amazing how much I've learned. I mean, did you know that we're not even the freakin center of the milky way galaxy? we're on the edge of one of it's spirals! surrounded by other stars and planetary systems! and the center of it is a super huge black hole that can fit more then a trillion of our suns! and did you know that we're also in the middle of merging with two other smaller galaxies?! It's incredible and breathtakingly scary, somethings I learn on that series make me want to just piss myself and run in circles screaming for the rest of my life.

I love the Universe! I watch it every night on Netflix as well to put me to sleep. It's like my personal bedtime story. :D

To the OP: I believe that the link provided represents the purpose of human beings - fulfilling our curiousness, exploring our surroundings, and discovering things beyond matter. As of now the universe is considered the final frontier, until we discover something bigger . :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
I love the Universe! I watch it every night on Netflix as well to put me to sleep. It's like my personal bedtime story. :D
Ah! Me too! me and my cousin watch an episode every night before I go to bed XD

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
I listen to this song:

When I see such depictions of the cosmos... I see flashes of the past, present and future. My consciousness is expanded beyond the realms of what is in front of me. Sheer awe and wonder fill me as I am engulfed by the expansiveness of everything. I'm suddenly stabbed by a sense of longing, a yearning. I don't know what it is, but it makes me feel as if I am in space floating. I'm weightless... in orbit around the earth... everything is falling... I feel a tide of angst and sheer wonder. So many questions about the nature of all things... Other concerns just fall away... why do we concern ourselves with such trivial things when we haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what things are? what this all is? what we are? I feel a sense of urgency... but then ease. This is not ours, but I am humbled to be part of it and call it all home.

somethings I learn on that series make me want to just piss myself and run in circles screaming for the rest of my life.
Welcome to the void!

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I love the cosmos, thanks for sharing that :)
I love watching all the Science and Discovery specials about space, but they come on less and less thanks to all the new reality shows :mad:
I actually love to camp because I can sleep out in the open and look up at the sky, and just think about everything.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
When I look at the night sky I wonder how people can believe Earth-centric concepts. The idea of what is out there that we will never know just blows me away. The fact that we seem so content to remain mostly ignorant without trying to explore with ferocity upsets me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My reaction is just sheer amazement at the grand vastness of such an unexplainable beauty known as the universe. I just get this overwhelming feeling that I'm looking at the tip of infinity.

My ultimate dream in life is to some way make myself live as long as I want and then spend the rest of eternity searching the universe for all the untold and lost magnificent sights out there. Still working out some of the kinks in that plan....

But I think I'll get there.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Hey, big thanks for the website, it's kind of like google earth, except it's the galaxy map. And you're right, the music did go perfect with it.

As @sparkles would say "Billions! and Billions!"

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
It is so mind bogglingly big and full of fascinating things to learn about it.

And yet, at the same time its not so big at all, or maybe I do not have that feeling of being just a meaningless particle in it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I actually love to camp because I can sleep out in the open and look up at the sky, and just think about everything.
I look up at the sky and think of nothing, yet probably get the same profound feelings that you do. Funny how that works, eh? ;)

As for what I think I feel when I look at a clear sky... infinite possibilities, the miracle of just how many thousands of coincidences had to happen for me to be here on this planet looking up at that sky, that whatever I might make out to be the biggest problem is really insignificant in the scheme of things in the entire universe... plus nothing at all. Sometimes I just look up and smile inexplicably like an idiot.

But I don't mind.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The Universe is soo big..

sometimes I wonder why the hell then people have the notions to "live to make money" until we die
Life should be so much more than that...

Reactions: susurration

·
Registered
557 Posts
Niki, Thank you for sharing The Cosmos with us! And the musical accompaniment was perfect! The night sky helps me to think big and to dream even bigger. Infinite Possibility! I can get so cramped by so many things that I need a taste of something like this to expand, reenergize and remind myself that Life is much more than my head or my home or my town or my country. And I put The Universe in my Intant Watch queue. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts