Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the Cougar phenomenon is real, no matter what those sexless bluenoses at CNN say.

I've been approached a few times at bars and restaurants. When I'm alone and on the town I usually eat at the bar even if I'm not drinking just so I don't have to look at an empty chair across from me.

This is how it usually happens:

I sit at the bar alone with a few empty stools on either side of me.
Well-coiffed and dressed woman in her late 40's to early 60's sits next to me and smiles.
Conversation starts about something on TV, the weather, a menu selection, etc. Very casual and friendly. I'm not shy so the conversation progresses well.
She reveals some personal detail in the course of the conversation (volunteer work, recent surgery, kid getting married, etc)
Somewhere a sexual innuendo slips into her conversation. She acts embarrassed and laughs.
She points out something about her marital status: Either divorced or married with a husband who's "always out of town"
She "accidentally" touches me by brushing against my arm or thigh or something, usually in a move so choreographed that it's almost funny.
She reveals that she lives not too far away and it's just her and her dog/cat at home tonight. Oh well, guess she'll go back home and read a book. What was my name?

The fact that this same sequence has been performed for me by three or four women since the first of the year leads me to conclude that they are all reading the same book/magazine/website. Probably something like "The Game" , but for older women.

I have yet to take any of them up on their offers, but I admit to being somewhat flattered. I also think it's a bit funny to be on the opposite side of the "moves" that guys frequently put on women.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
But aren't there also young bar flies that hit on you? I find women hitting on men in bars truly gross. As I also don't like getting hit on in bars.

Maybe the older women are just from an older generation where it was more common for people to hook up at bars? They were probably also bar flies in their 20s as well.

I tend to date older men, but if they approach me at a bar they wouldn't have a chance.

Reactions: SlowPoke68

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But aren't there also young bar flies that hit on you? I find women hitting on men in bars truly gross. As I also don't like getting hit on in bars.

Maybe the older women are just from an older generation where it was more common for people to hook up at bars? They were probably also bar flies in their 20s as well.

I tend to date older men, but if they approach me at a bar they wouldn't have a chance.
Oh, I don't go to bars in the prime nights when most of the young ones are there, and I assume that I'm not a prime target being in my 40's and looking like dad to most of them. If they approached me I probably wouldn't understand and would assume they just wanted me to move so they could have space for their friends.

Anyway, this is happening in nice bar/restaurants in upscale neighborhoods around dinner hour on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. So I assume that's also part of the "Dance". Maybe they hear that guys who are out at those times are more normal or something.

I laugh about it because that sort of choreographed approach is something I would never have the nerve to pull on a woman without laughing about it and being ironic. It makes me empathize with attractive women who must get something similar all the time from guys and can anticipate every move.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Anyway, this is happening in nice bar/restaurants in upscale neighborhoods around dinner hour on Tuesday or Wednesday nights. So I assume that's also part of the "Dance". Maybe they hear that guys who are out at those times are more normal or something.
Lol. I'm going to have to just trust your Ne and believe you. Sorry if you are feeling like a piece of meat. But now I am wondering what it is about Tuesday or Wednesday? Are their men still away? Out of town? Where do you live? This sounds like a suburban phenomenon.

I laugh about it because that sort of choreographed approach is something I would never have the nerve to pull on a woman without laughing about it and being ironic. It makes me empathize with attractive women who must get something similar all the time from guys and can anticipate every move.
I think just to make up for feeling objectified and like just "hot piece of young ass", you should empower yourself by visiting the bars in hotels next to airports. Approach a younger woman and ask her where she's from. yada yada yada.. and let then let her know your hotel room is "near by". :laughing:

Be the predator. Not the prey. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.