Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since this forum is riddled with guys in their 20's I thought this would be a good place to ask.

I know that the older woman/younger man thing has been around forever, but do you think Demi Moore and the whole "Cougar Town" thing has made it more popular recently? Is it suddenly a hip thing to do?

I'm in my early 30's and the only guys that hit on me lately (not counting lesbians they are a different animal) - guys in their early 20s! It floors me.

I write a somewhat popular blog but my readership is mostly women. (Of course it is mostly related to building stuff) - I get random emails. From 21 yr old boys wanting to give me a "pearl necklace"

Or the 23 yr old recently who was trying to talk to me and I stopped him and said "I'm a lot older than you and I have three kids" -

He said "They'd like me". ! :laughing: (seriously wondering what that guy's MBTI was lol)

It's gotten so bad I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't dress at all sleazy, I'm an engineer ok? Older men don't hit on me like this at all. Of course all the older men I know are married.

I keep thinking they should be bagging my groceries and saying yes ma'am, not offering me sexual favors? And where are all the hot college girls, that would make a 21 yr old seriously want to date me?

I know I'm not old yet. But still. I feel like I'm 100 some days.

·
Banned
2,233 Posts
Do you get hit on more now that you're older?

Truth is: Young men just want to get laid with attractive women, period.
Additionally, the hot college girls are usually boring.
"Me, me, me" is the only conversation you're likely to have with them.
You have to jump through hoops of fire to get anywhere, too.

And you're twice as screwed if they stick around.

Remain calm and pray you don't get pearl necklace'd.
I don't know.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Being 30 something does not mean your beauty and character fades. People who have an idealized concept of certain groups and/or locations because of a tv show are silly. Or maybe in this case it's the thought that counts. Engineer =/= conservative dress code and man repellent. Hot college girls are few and far in between in my area. I saw bigfoot before I saw a cute girl here.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
That's quite a fast forward right there. Skipping all the courtship, foreplay and even the actual sexual intercourse...to that? XD

I get hit on more at 20++ than i did at 17-18, and by increasingly younger guys too. Weird huh? But I guess the way Ducky explains it it probably isn't so.

Reactions: Stephen

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you get hit on more now that you're older?

Truth is: Young men just want to get laid with attractive women, period.
Additionally, the hot college girls are usually boring.
"Me, me, me" is the only conversation you're likely to have with them.
You have to jump through hoops of fire to get anywhere, too.

And you're twice as screwed if they stick around.

I don't know.
Ok. I spent my 20's having babies so I never got hit on. Yes, since I turned 30, got thin again, and look less like a milking cow, I get hit on a lot. I am better looking now than I was in college, but I definitely look at least 30, I'd say. so weird.

I just assumed that a young man would only put effort into a young girl, since older women tend to have a lot more responsibilities and no time to "party"

And I wondered if maybe it was a fad right now.

But that's silly, now that I think about it. Since when do boys care about dating fads? As you say, maybe they just want to get laid.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I tend to find older women more mature. They also seem to think I'm more charming too... maybe due to years of unhappy marriage and pent-up cynicism? LOL.

But truth be told, I've found that older women (from late twenties to thirties) have been more fun to flirt with.

Not that I don't like younger women, but maybe it's the school or the city but they are mostly so mehhh.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
The women in my age group, I'm 23, are boring and too focused on shit that doesn't matter.

The last two girls that I was really interested in were in their late twenties and early thirties.

It seems like I just have an old soul.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They also seem to think I'm more charming too... maybe due to years of unhappy marriage and pent-up cynicism? LOL.
Yes sir. That does sad things to a woman's mind. If I were to break down and take up a younger guy's offer, it would be one of those days when I'm reflecting too much on the bad choice I made when I was 23.

But seriously now. A 21 yr old guy working part time at Office Depot? does not strike me as attractive. Feels like bordering on pedophilia. :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I used to visit a martial arts teacher (not mine, but a member of the... community or lineage, if you will) from time to time. Near the school was a little tea shop owned by a very lovely women, I think in her mid to late thirties. I would flirt with her everytime, and she would give me free teas. Nothing ever amounted to it though... I lived so damn far away that even attempting something would have taken a lot of trouble.

But one can imagine, right? I reject the world's reality and substitute it with my own (must be an INTP thing).

·
Registered
236 Posts
Thats funny im in my 20s (28) and for the duration i've always gotten hit on by older women moreso than my own age. I find women just a tad older than me (5-10 years) to be more interesting and relationship-worthy in my mind anyway. Women my age, well not so much in my late 20s, to be too self-centered and superficial. The sex is better too :p !

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Considering that hitting me in the face with a brick is more effective than hitting on me in terms of me noticing whats going on.....I really couldn't say if I get hit on by younger men.

edit: now i'm not sure that even made sense....i don't mean "hit me in the face with a brick if you think i'm hot".....although that would probably make me pretty popular with certain crowds....

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The sex is better too :p !
Well of course it is. :wink:

Now that I think about it, I remember being in my 20's and wishing I could date a much older man because I felt like all the guys my age were too immature.

So maybe I'm just now seeing the other side of that -- the younger guys who think that same thing.

Why can't the mature people find each other when they are both young (and not totally jaded yet) ? -- rhetorical question--

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Considering that hitting me in the face with a brick is more effective than hitting on me in terms of me noticing whats going on.....I really couldn't say if I get hit on by younger men.

Khys. If a guy walks up to you and asks you if you'd like a sex act performed on you, I think you'd "get it". right? ;P

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
I don't think it is a fad and/or hip thing to do. I believe media has sensationalized and called attention to it that's all. As I posted on the relationship thread...my mom turned 70 today. And, when she was in her 30s - 50s, she only dated younger men. Not only her but her single friends as well. One of her little boyfriends was four years older than me when I was in my twenties.

I attract cubs all of the time. And, to be honest I hunt them from time to time too. Unfortunately, so many men once they hit their forties they don't tend to take good care of themselves and so many of them lose the youthful edge to their personalities. The biggest age difference that I enjoyed was 14 years. Don't think I will go quite that young again .... he was little special.

Anyway, age is nothing but a number. I just prefer to be in the same season of life....I think it can make things a lot easier. ;)

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Khys. If a guy walks up to you and asks you if you'd like a sex act performed on you, I think you'd "get it". right? ;P
yes but that would be the equivalent of hitting me in the face with a brick in terms of obviousness, which is how i originally meant that. so thank you for helping me clarify myself.
Scenario 1
"Would you like a sex act performed on you?
"this person is clearly hitting on me"

Scenario 2
"Hi do you come here often?" *Googly eyes*
"Um no, why?" *clueless*

Reactions: Seamaid

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Since this forum is riddled with guys in their 20's I thought this would be a good place to ask.

I know that the older woman/younger man thing has been around forever, but do you think Demi Moore and the whole "Cougar Town" thing has made it more popular recently? Is it suddenly a hip thing to do?

I'm in my early 30's and the only guys that hit on me lately (not counting lesbians they are a different animal) - guys in their early 20s! It floors me.

I write a somewhat popular blog but my readership is mostly women. (Of course it is mostly related to building stuff) - I get random emails. From 21 yr old boys wanting to give me a "pearl necklace"

Or the 23 yr old recently who was trying to talk to me and I stopped him and said "I'm a lot older than you and I have three kids" -

He said "They'd like me". ! :laughing: (seriously wondering what that guy's MBTI was lol)

It's gotten so bad I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I don't dress at all sleazy, I'm an engineer ok? Older men don't hit on me like this at all. Of course all the older men I know are married.

I keep thinking they should be bagging my groceries and saying yes ma'am, not offering me sexual favors? And where are all the hot college girls, that would make a 21 yr old seriously want to date me?

I know I'm not old yet. But still. I feel like I'm 100 some days.
I am 33, and I find it easier to get into relationships with guys in that age range too. It doesn't bother me, as long as I don't feel like they are choosing me because of some kind of weird fetish. Age isn't really all that relevant to me, and if a guy is anything like me, he doesn't care either. I'm not a cougar just because my last couple of boyfriends were in their early twenties. I have also had crushes on guys in their late fifties. People are just people.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes but that would be the equivalent of hitting me in the face with a brick in terms of obviousness, which is how i originally meant that. so thank you for helping me clarify myself.
Scenario 1
"Would you like a sex act performed on you?
"this person is clearly hitting on me"

Scenario 2
"Hi do you come here often?" *Googly eyes*
"Um no, why?" *clueless*
haha ok yes, i am the same way. Except now I'm hyper sensitive to it after a few of these episodes, so when the boy at the hardware store asks me where I'm from and if I've lived here very long when I'm just looking for wood screws, I am a tad more suspicious than I normally would be.

And I guess "cougar" isn't the right word for this, since maybe a 10-12 year age difference isn't enough? ha, I have no idea if there are supposed to be rules regarding this

as to the seaons of life -- that's why i don't find younger men attractive. They are almost never anywhere near my season of life, as it were.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
I'm in my late-20s and I have highschool age guys hitting on me, emailing me or asking me for my facebook. Youngest was 16. You could imagine my confusion, though in late-20s I would hardly consider myself a 'cougar'. I think society is becoming less traditional, age and sex barriers seem to be less rigid nowadays.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.