Personality Cafe banner

What is Twilight's type?

• INTP

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • INTJ

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • ISTJ

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • INFJ (Yes, I've actually seen her typed as this.)

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 3 5.0%
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
5,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go nuts. I withhold my opinion. :proud:

EDIT: The one other vote is mine so I could see the poll without having to click on something. >_>

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
Te user. Definitely not INTP. I'm leaning toward ISTJ.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Wow, @Spades is back, nice!

__

I voted INFJ, which may be the majority opinion, so I'll stick with that.

·
Banned
13,780 Posts
ISTJ 5w4 imo <.<..yes yes.

·
Ace of Spades
7w6 4w3 1w9 sp/so; Ni/Ne/Te-dom
3,253 Posts
I think Type 1, but for head type 5w6 or maaaaybe 6w5. Heart fix 3.

ISTJ yes.

Edit: Type 1 STJ. Just rewatch the first 6 minutes of Season 1 Episode 1. That or Season 2 Episode 3 should do ;) Type 5 is not the only type that can be intellectual.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I vote ISTJ. Inferior Ne is blindingly obvious. In "It's About Time", she obsessively looks for what her encounter with her future self might mean, basically word for word of how inferior Ne works.

She frequently is the one doubting the validity of her friend's opinions, favoring more Te-based evidence (in the newest episode, she calls up how Gabby Gums does not value anypony's privacy as evidence that she's bad, not other ponies' opinions of her).

Easy to type, MBTI wise. Enneagram? Now that's a bit more tricky...

·
Registered
585 Posts
INTP. She is an intellectual, a perfectionist, and someone who obviously extraverts her feelings.

Typing someone based on alleged "inferior" Ne is ridiculous. She exhibits Ne because she is an INTP.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, @Spades is back, nice!

__

I voted INFJ, which may be the majority opinion, so I'll stick with that.
I think Type 1, but for head type 5w6 or maaaaybe 6w5. Heart fix 3.

ISTJ yes.

Edit: Type 1 STJ. Just rewatch the first 6 minutes of Season 1 Episode 1. That or Season 2 Episode 3 should do ;) Type 5 is not the only type that can be intellectual.
Glad to see some people point out she's a 1! I always thought it obvious after season 2, episode 3. I'm suprised about how many people think her a 5 just because she initially ignored making friends. She isn't detached like a 5, she just used to ignore friendship in favor of her all important sense of purpose. She's a 1 because she's more worried about doing what's right than just understanding things, and as soon as she starts seeing someone around her as not taking things as seriously as she thinks the situation is, she gets angry like a 1!

Edit: I didn't mean to say ".. think her a 5 just because .." like that because I don't mean to assume I know their reasons behind their opinions, but I was on a roll, and maybe I was getting a wee bit close to standing up on a soapbox at the time I was typing it out. >.<'

·
Banned
1,701 Posts
INTP. She is an intellectual, a perfectionist, and someone who obviously extraverts her feelings.

Typing someone based on alleged "inferior" Ne is ridiculous. She exhibits Ne because she is an INTP.
So ISTJ's can't be intellectual? Please show us where this alleged "Ne" is at. She isn't someone who seems to go on things, based on gut feelings, rather then something that actually exists. She also exhibits a lot of traits of Extroverted Thinking as well (as she is incredibly organized, and tends to do things based on objective science, more then she goes on things based on subjective rationality that Introverted Thinkings types are.)

Reactions: Morgie93 and Owfin

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I always say INTP because I'm stubborn and want her to be one, but I don't think she is. She's too focused on following rules and making lists and that's where we differ. I would go with ISTJ or maybe INTJ.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Of course, one sure way to find out for certain would be to ask the creator. Contact Mrs. Lauren Faust, send her information on all the personality types and the Jungian Cognitive Functions and then, on the presumption she has read and understood it all, ask her what personality type she thinks Twilight Sparkle is. Taking into account Death of the Author, doing that may help.

·
Registered
585 Posts
But Death of the Author is the correct way to analyze. Otherwise we wind up with idiotic things like gay Dumbledores and such, that are not actually mentioned in the text whatsoever.

PimpinMcBoltage said:
So ISTJ's can't be intellectual?
ISTJs cannot be perfectionistic intellectuals who extravert their feelings, correct.

Please show us where this alleged "Ne" is at.
Honestly, I think just the fact that she applies an obscure prophecy to predict Nightmare Moon's return in the first episode is basically enough to type her as an intuitive.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've always thought that Twilight was an ISTJ. She needs hard evidence before she's going to believe something.
Her dominant Si drives her need to collect data with the auxiliary Te focused on organizing it. Plus her Fi has been developing over the series, with her having to learn that she can be wrong too. I mean, compare the Twilight from the first two episodes where she thought that she was the only person in the right. Episodes like Lesson Zero have sort of put her in her place in that respect.

She refused to believe in 'Pinkie Sense' straight away and needed to scientifically test it, thinking "Why and how?" rather than looking at all the possibilities it presented.
She's really much more focused on the past, what with much of her knowledge coming from books. She also seems to really value proven fact, see her desire to do everything by the book for her slumber party to make it "officially fun.". I really don't see much evidence of her being N dominant.
Maybe it's because of her love of reading that people assume she's an N? Despite this being silly, though I have seen this being used as evidence for N-dom before, she reads books in order to collect more data. She can make confident decisions because she's pretty much experienced most things through her books and can use the information learned there to address the outside world.

Honestly, I think just the fact that she applies an obscure prophecy to predict Nightmare Moon's return in the first episode is basically enough to type her as an intuitive.
Obscure my plot. That legend pretty much spelled out that it was talking about Celestia and her at-the-time-unknown-sister Luna and what was going to happen. Though Twilight's surprise at them being sisters in the second one always confused me. Twi, just last episode you said "The legendary Mare in the Moon is in fact Nightmare Moon".

Reactions: marckos

·
Registered
585 Posts
Vanderlyle said:
She refused to believe in 'Pinkie Sense' straight away and needed to scientifically test it, thinking "Why and how?"
That's because she is a dominant thinker.
She's really much more focused on the past
That doesn't actually have much to do with being an ISTJ.
That legend pretty much spelled out that it was talking about Celestia and her at-the-time-unknown-sister Luna and what was going to happen.
How come she is the only one who figures it out and believes it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
That's because she is a dominant thinker.
True, but a major thing for sensors is the need of empirical evidence and this episode is all about scientific empirical evidence.

That doesn't actually have much to do with being an ISTJ.
I've always heard that Sensors tend to be more focused on what has happened and what is happening, thus their interest in data collection and value in experiences, while iNtuitives look more at how it can be used in the future and the possibilities it presents.

How come she is the only one who figures it out and believes it?
She believes it because her books back up the information as fact. She's the only pony who figured it out because she's likely the only pony in recent history who is interested in/has access to all the books that connect the information. And, in my opinion, Celestia shutting her down might have also fueled her need to prove that she was right.
I just really don't understand how you're using this as your major reasoning behind her being an iNtuitive. Is it because she's going on a hunch? In which case, her books back that up pretty well.

ISTJs cannot be perfectionistic
And I thought Sensors were all about perfectionism, what with their focus on the details, rather than the Big Picture.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts