Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an in-depth research of a particular topic undertaken by someone, which function would be used *more*? Ne or Ni?
(**Apart from T or any other function - I am just conentration on the N function here).

Thanking you in advance.

[Not sure, if I'm making sense here. I wanted to talk about some sort of 'fixation' here. Like, you get stuck in one topic (i.e. MBTI) and then try focusing on the topic and learn as much as you can....would that be Ne or Ni attributed to this? (essentially ignoring all other functions involved)...does that make any sense to you?] :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,780 Posts
Both. They are quite similar in more ways than not.

EDIT: It really depends. First you really need to understand how research is different from functions since research requires resolve and concentration, neither of which the functions really provide. So I stand by my original statement, however, where the research goes will depend on the individual. For, say, and Ne dominant, you will probably see a very wild path going through seemingly unrelated material while the Ni dominant might simply stick to the "relevant" subject material. However, put an Ne dominant and Ni dominant of comparable intelligence and expertise in the field together to independently accomplish the same task, you're probably going to get similar results in about the same amount of time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts