Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanna rant and rage? Take a

The INFJ in me wants everyone else to be happy or at the very least not angry. Reading the CHARGED ANGER THREAD made me a little depressed and want to hide in my cave.

So for a change of pace, tell us why your day was either awesome, pretty okay, or at the very least not bad. Or, tell us what has you excited in general, or what you are finding pretty interesting at the moment.

GO!

--------------------

Me first:

I'm getting ready to fly off to Taiwan again for another 9 months of intensive study. I'm nervous and anxious about the future, but also excited and hopeful. The workload will be less this year (I think, I'm taking fewer classes) so my head won't melt. I'll have more time to relax and explore the sights and sites.

I'm also teaching myself Old English which is pretty neat! I'mma read Beowulf in the original :) I'm not going to watch the movie because I heard it was the polar opposite of enjoyable.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Great thread idea

For me - the sun is shining - just finishing off work for the week - a busy week but got a lot done.
I am fit and well and have a wonderful family around me - what more can you ask for?

Looking forward to choking myself on solder fumes as I finish off building a very basic battery amp for my guitar - messing about with a simple valve based preamp as well - then lots of noise!!!:cool:

·
Registered
712 Posts
My baby has just this week started to move around more forcefully inside me. She's giving me plenty of kicks and punches and "rolling over in bed"s to remind me that she's there. It sometimes feels a bit weird, but it is awesome, I feel like I can communicate with her for the very first time, like she's suddenly aware of me and my husband's voices and prods and rubs.

And my parents arrive tonight, staying with me for a month. Haven't seen them since May and I am looking forward to lots of hugs and home-cooked dinners.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Today is awesome. Why is today awesome? Because after a week of having (literally) everything I do blow up in my face, I'm getting weed from my roommate and getting so baked smoke will come out my ears.

So rather, today will be awesome. That is of course, if this doesn't somehow go awry as well...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Aah!

Do you know it's a she? or are you just assuming because of all the kicks and punches :wink:
lol...I know she's a she, but as my husband says, she obviously takes after her mother.

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I had my leaving do at work today. It was very sad but happy at the same time. I've never had so many people say such nice things about me! I had very red cheeks at the end of it! :laughing:

Only downside is the headache I've come home with. It was all a bit too much!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My foster mom alway thought it was humorous that I would grade my day at the end :p

Awesome thread

Okay - I haven't done anything yet but I'm heading out of house hunting with my mom. I got some good sleep. Let see what happens?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I had my leaving do at work today. It was very sad but happy at the same time. I've never had so many people say such nice things about me! I had very red cheeks at the end of it! :laughing:

Only downside is the headache I've come home with. It was all a bit too much!
Don't you just wish people would write down all those nice things about you so that you can bask in the appreciation in your own time without feeling embarrassed?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yay awesome thread.

Today has been awesome because I got my grade back on an exam and I got an A and then I stopped and ate with some of my friends after class and now I am just winding things down and relaxing and figuring out what I am gonna do tonight.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
This week... I heard back from a grant. I got it! =)

Today... I heard back regarding TWO job interviews. :) I was offered a position for both places, and now I'm just chillin' like a villain and relaxing after a long week. B-D I'm absolutely elated, but suprisingly calm. Before, things were very unsettled, so in my mind, there was an overabundance of ways things could turn out, but now things are somewhat more defined. And now...Figuring out what film to watch tonight, with a drink or two, for some alone-time =)

And yes, the charged anger thread made me depressed, too. But this thread is awesome. I give a two thumbs up!

·
Registered
712 Posts
This week... I heard back from a grant. I got it! =)

Today... I heard back regarding TWO job interviews. :) I was offered a position for both places, and now I'm just chillin' like a villain and relaxing after a long week. B-D I'm absolutely elated, but suprisingly calm. Before, things were very unsettled, so in my mind, there was an overabundance of ways things could turn out, but now things are somewhat more defined. And now...Figuring out what film to watch tonight, with a drink or two, for some alone-time =)

And yes, the charged anger thread made me depressed, too. But this thread is awesome. I give a two thumbs up!
Well, congrats!

If you want a nice, strong, sweet drink I can recommend a shot of either Absolut Pear Vodka or Van Gogh Espresso Vodka mixed with a shot of butterscotch schnapps and plenty of ice :happy:

·
Registered
737 Posts
The day began as most days do: a cup of coffee and time to write in my journal. In my journal I wrote about the dinner I had with my friend yesterday evening and my counseling session later on that night. I emphasized an insight that may alter how I look at myself.

I go to the first half of work. I feel under-challenged and bored throughout, but I have my iPod Shuffle so I sing to soothe myself much like a child soothes itself.

I have lunch, listen to R.E.M.'s 'The One I Love' three or four times, and argue with a family member about nothing in particular.

I go back to the second half of work. My coworker teaches me how to properly cut down a tree with an axe. I feel so physically alive that I scream loudly in the woods and laugh because I feel powerful. I ride around with my other coworker and we talk about the size of breasts and attractive women.

I feel exhausted. In fact, I have no idea why I wrote this. I don't feel 'happy' in the least.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It sounds like your day was okay though. Happiness is more of a guideline than a rule for this thread.

·
Registered
693 Posts
This is my kind of thread too. I had a great day and got a lot done at work. I'm going to have dinner with a friend and watch a pair of dogs for someone going out of town. I work this weekend and will have lunch with my son one of the weekend days. So life is pretty good from my plane of observation.

Reactions: zwanglos

·
Super Moderator
11,213 Posts
I was exhausted when I went to work this morning, yet I made it through! Even though, I am still tired. I am having a very nice down time! :happy:

·
Registered
712 Posts
The parentals have just touched down on Canadian soil.

Pip has stopped kicking me in the bladder.

The weekend is a mere 50 minutes away.

I'm in the midst of planning a visit to see one of my best buddies and her new baby in a couple of weeks.

The earth is still spinning on its axis and orbiting the sun. Apparently.

:laughing:

·
Registered
298 Posts
life is so extraordinary. to waste days on negative emotion is to let the beauty and possibilities slip past you. everyone's guilty of having those days, but those who can see past the gloom, to trod on and find the light in an otherwise bleak and ugly world... those people are living.

today, i was living.

·
Registered
139 Posts
life is so extraordinary. to waste days on negative emotion is to let the beauty and possibilities slip past you. everyone's guilty of having those days, but those who can see past the gloom, to trod on and find the light in an otherwise bleak and ugly world... those people are living.

today, i was living.

... I did zumba xD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts