Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Spam-I-am
13,782 Posts
Photo on 4-6-15 at 7.06 AM.jpg GEDC0309.JPG Photo on 4-6-15 at 7.05 AM.jpg Photo on 4-6-15 at 7.05 AM.jpg the doors, kraka puhleeeze i once smoked a joint with ray manzarek 24 years ago
john densmore was at the record archive in rochester n.y 3 years ago and he signed my copy of his book ''the doors unhinged''
and a limited release of a 10 inch vinyl of soul kitchen ,doors version on side A and the band raymundo [manzarek] produced ''X'' on side B I also saw riders on the storm several years ago [manzarek and kreiger] with the lead singer from fuel
as a true doors fan worst concert i ever saw

albums-all their albums the live ones are the best

heres a small sample of unopened vinyl

·
MOTM July 2015
6,265 Posts
A fan of both here. I can never decide what song/album is my favourite. I'd go with Surrealistic Pillow as my favourite JA album, though Volunteers rocks, too. And the song "Rejoice".
As for the Doors I like the general atmosphere of the album Waiting for the Sun.k

Might I add, I usually dig the trippy complex stuff rather than the classy blues/rock, though there are exceptions.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
The End ,and, Riders On the Storm, oh and ,Peace Frog. I had the pleasure of meeting Ray Manserak, he was touring with Michael McClure, and they preformed poetry together. And then of course White Rabbit is an awesome song.

·
Spam-I-am
13,782 Posts
The End ,and, Riders On the Storm, oh and ,Peace Frog. I had the pleasure of meeting Ray Manserak, he was touring with Michael McClure, and they preformed poetry together. And then of course White Rabbit is an awesome song.
thats when i smoked a joint with ray
they were performing at a local university in 91 and after the performance ray was in the mens room
i whipped out a doober and gave it to him to light up, after smoking it we talked for 20 minutes

this occurred on my 29th birthday
it was my most memorable

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
This was one of my first forays into I guess the hipster scene, I don't know, I had a book of Beat Poetry, went to a local bar, saw them perform live. These are the moments you cherish.

·
Spam-I-am
13,782 Posts
@Vinniebob

I envy you, man. I always loved Ray Manzarek's keyboard style, which was a characteristic feature of the sound The Doors had.

Personally, I'm more of a The Doors fan. Among my favorite songs are "Touch Me", "Break on Through" and "The Alabama Song".
ray really shines on the live version of soul kitchen off the absolutely live album
riders on the storm is his true masterpiece
i believe he is the greatest key boardist of all time

·
Spam-I-am
13,782 Posts
GEDC0306.JPG GEDC0307.JPG GEDC0310.JPG GEDC0317.JPG GEDC0318.JPG
these are from my trip to the rock'n'roll hall of fame last month
the doors exhibit as you can see is pretty pathetic
this car was the only item from janis, again pathetic
jimi has a nice exhibit
airplane- nada, not a single item

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
Yes of course. Jim Morrison challenged boundaries, especially with The End. I also like Jefferson Airplane and Janis Joplin. I like a lot of the Se dom people of that generation. Se types name what they see, not what they predict. They called it as they saw it with the narrative they had. Morrison was clearly pretty educated about topics that made him seem more Ni, like Native American culture and Greek Myth. I think people underestimate in our current shallow age how Ni emerges in SP types in their story telling. We have a lot of imbalanced Se types, or Se/Te loops b cause of corporate shit now. ISFP are almost required to call out shit because of stronger Ni now, which is sad. It's like Se types are less valued though they are more marketed.

·
Banned
14,801 Posts
ray really shines on the live version of soul kitchen off the absolutely live album
riders on the storm is his true masterpiece
i believe he is the greatest key boardist of all time
K I'm such a Doors fan I go watch their cover band in Venice Beach. But it depresses me how his mystical magical quality has been stolen from many Se rock stars, like there is no Fi, no Ti, no Ni. It actually makes me really mad. There is so much imbalance in current popular music and it makes me sick that people think this is who Se dom types always are, or that ENTJ producers have raped ESFP into Se/Te to agree with their own Te/Se. I hate my over extroverted society.

·
Spam-I-am
13,782 Posts
jim was such a talented poet, in ''the end'' he makes reference to oedipus and plato's republic '
krieger, densmore and manzarek were all equally talented
they could translate the mood of the song into harmony, something very few bands have achieved

1 - 20 of 21 Posts