Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know I really think any psychological tools are wonderful, especially for self improvement. One thing I do hate is being under stress and seeing myself react in such a defined way or basically as enneagram says, disintegrating. It's like I'm looking outside my mind and body and can see exactly what is happening, but in many ways can't exactly stop it. For example, being a pain avoiding 7, when I get stressed at work, I feel myself trying to avoid it as it happens, but then feeling it bottle up as I try to avoid it.

Anyone else seem to be this in tune to be able to do this?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Yes, yes.

Not directly with myself but but I'm kinda scared of thinking too much in types when it comes to other people.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Yea I relate; I kind-of see people in types now, observing and slowing depicting them of what Enneagram type they are, instinctual variants, cognitive functions (Jung type), big 5 type, and temperaments they are. I try not to do this too much, because I think it can be a barrier of really getting to know someone and truly "figuring them out". However, my deep understanding of all this "theoretical psychology" really makes an impact of how I attempt to understand people (because afterall, that is my favorite thing to do).

So when I see people react in such ways or think/behave in certain ways, I apply my understanding of all this stuff and I almost immediately have an explanation for them. Example: a person "trolling" someone to get a good laugh out of it, usually indicates tertiary Fe. Another example would be me becoming extemely self-absorbed, easily annoyed/agitated, and uncooperative/argumentative. This is a classic example (according to my Ti) that I am a stressed out Enneagram 1 going into unhealthy 4.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
You know I really think any psychological tools are wonderful, especially for self improvement. One thing I do hate is being under stress and seeing myself react in such a defined way or basically as enneagram says, disintegrating. It's like I'm looking outside my mind and body and can see exactly what is happening, but in many ways can't exactly stop it. For example, being a pain avoiding 7, when I get stressed at work, I feel myself trying to avoid it as it happens, but then feeling it bottle up as I try to avoid it.

Anyone else seem to be this in tune to be able to do this?
Well.... you could say this about anything in psychological related literature almost.

The key would be to know if it's really something bad or.. a lot of things are things we just need sometimes.
I like to remember this analogy... you could wash and scrub your hands so harshly that they become all sore and painful.. Same if your always looking at yourself harshly.

Also things sometimes have a habit of looping... when possible i like to remember something else.. If you get angry at yourself almost every day for forgetting the car keys, then maybe it is time you try not be too upset with yourself, and start putting those keys a specific place.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I wouldn’t say mbti dictates my opinion of people, rather people dictate my opinions of themselves.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts