Personality Cafe banner

1921 - 1940 of 1967 Posts

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
This morning, I had this weird dream in the post-pandemic, "new normal" world.
I was living in an apartment and it was early morning/sunrise, still kinda dark. My roommate was desperately asking for help with her math (looked like some physics or engineering problems) assignment, which I knew absolutely nothing about, so I couldn't help. And then, some 3-5 explosions alerted me, so I left my friend/roommate and I got down and out the door, forgetting to put protective gear (like face mask/shield, gloves, etc) on.

As soon as I got out, I caught a Asian-Muslim man firing two shots at a white guy, and he seemed like the leader of his little army/guerilla group. I said, "This is a peaceful country; don't bring your war in here, please."
And he replied from some distance, "How I wish! I was a librarian before this happened. Now I have no place to go."
"I understand; I was a librarian once, too."
He came up to me really close so I could see his face, and kissed me fully and gently on the mouth like he meant it, before rejoining his group and his fight.
I checked my neighbors' houses to see if they were hurt; they weren't, none of them were being targeted. I talked to my next door neighbor, keeping distance, checking if they're okay. They asked me if I knew the man. I didn't.
I went back to my apartment and crashed in the common room's sofa. The landlord's cat walked over me and I let him.
I felt so sorry for the man I just met and so full of love for him that I ended up talking to the cat, petting him and wanting to cry...
He was so ruggedly and yet smartly handsome, like a mix between Yami no Yume and Algorithm but distinctly Asian-brown.

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
I have no idea where I was, but it was in this small building with aisles? There were also two see through glass push doors one by the store front and to the side. The front and side walls were glass as well.

There were a bunch of children with me as we were scrambling around trying to hide or escape from something.

Apparently we were trying to flee from a group of women who just entered the room. :bored:

They began to kill everyone! :shocked:

I was the last one left and I was so boned as the women surrounded me. :bored:

Before one of them would come over to kill me as well, a woman among them who was wearing all black held me from behind and held a knife to my neck.

After playing with her she would slash my neck. :shocked:

I mean, I didn't really have a choice not to play with her... I could also see a future vision where she did slash my neck but it wasn't a deep enough cut?? :bored:

It seems she wanted to let me go after the other women left.

The group of women were just conversing before they began to leave through the door they came.

The woman in black continued to hold onto me and led me to one of the aisles.

I don't remember what happened else but I think at one point I was able to exit through one of the glass doors.

If she didn't intervene... I would probably be dead just like all those kids on the floor. :bored:

And that was all I could remember for today. :happy:

heh heh heh :kitteh:

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
Me, Faria, and some of her knights were fighting a woman who was on fire with an axe and she was with an angry berserker. :shocked:

We were fighting in this eerily empty and quiet neighborhood. It was kinda gray and lifeless as the skies were filled with gray clouds.

Despite Faria's impressive combos and chain attacks that shined a streak of blue she did little damage to the woman on fire. :bored:

Faria and two of her knights were quickly defeated as their health took chunks of damage from the few attacks the woman on fire did.

I was stuck facing the angry berserker and now the woman on fire also joined in to fight me as well. :shocked:

I didn't last too long as the angry berserker took me right out for dinner. :bored:

When me and Faria came too... We were still in the same neighborhood and it was just only us now.

We walked around the eerily quiet and empty neighborhood. There was not a soul in sight and the lighting was lifeless due to this grayish overcast that dulled the colors.

We walked and walked. We pretty much just wandered around the neighborhood at this point. :bored:

I think at some point I asked Faria who was walking with me if we could exit this neighborhood by wrapping out or perhaps if she could wake me up from this dream.

Faria said that we couldn't exit this neighborhood or that she couldn't help me wake up. :bored:

However, shortly after I woke myself up back into the real world...

And that was all I could remember. :happy:

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
I was walking around the university and for some reason...

The dogs were curious of my scent as if it was special or something. :bored:

As I walked past service dogs and pet dogs the women had around the school the dogs would pick up my scent and followed me.

At one point I was completely surrounded by a huge amount of dogs and they all began to give me dog kisses. :bored:

I am not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing...

And that was all I could remember for tonight. :happy:

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,185 Posts
I ate some spicy food before bed in the hopes that I would have a vivid dream. I guess my efforts succeeded...

In the dream, my surroundings were familiar, but the colors were less saturated and the nearby buildings appeared to be run-down (one was a gas station/convenience store near my house). I was video-chatting with my friend/former crush on my phone, and her image was tinted greenish. She was sitting in front of a bunk bed with a pink blanket draped over the side, and her friendly college roommate would occasionally walk in and out of the frame, saying hi to me each time (we were on good terms with each other IRL). The screen would get a little grainy each time her roommate would walk in, but it was easy enough to ignore.

We were telling stories to each other, just like we often used to do when we still saw each other in person. I wish I could have remembered some of her stories in detail, but I don't think I'd feel comfortable sharing them even if I could have remembered them. It feels like a violation of her privacy (even if the dream version of her wasn't real).

I told her a story about a bad memory of mine, but I framed it like a fond memory--a fun outing with my high school friend group--as I told it to her. This memory was about a group project I did with my friends during my major depressive episode in high school. We had to make a diorama for our own circle of hell inspired by Dante's Inferno, and we went to the local store to get supplies for it. Some of the supplies included fishing hooks, string, fake blood, and this really weird little doll we found. When we got back to the house, my friends mutilated the doll and stuck it inside the diorama, but I was so drained by their presence that I sat by the pool and listened to music by myself the whole time. I was allowed to do it because my portion of the project was finished and I wasn't holding anybody back, but it still felt horrible.

When I started talking about the doll's acquisition about midway through my recollection, my memory failed. Even though I could easily recall images of the mutilated doll, I couldn't remember any of the context surrounding it and felt that it was a weird thing to talk about on its own. When I realized that I could no longer tell a coherent story, I told my friend, "Ah, never mind. The story really isn't that important."

She said that it was okay and that she understood, which caught me a little bit off guard because I didn't think there was anything she needed to understand. Someone called her name, and she told me that she had to go, but she said that she looked forward to talking to me again soon and saluted me while saying our usual parting catchphrase. (She always saluted me whenever we'd say goodbye, even after I gave her every reason to lose whatever respect she had for me on the last day we spent together, so it was probably just a reflection of real life and wasn't an extraordinary dream occurrence.)

I thought it was a nice dream and was glad I had it because I've really wanted to talk to her lately but have been too afraid to do it in reality. However, the more I think about it, the more anxious I feel...

Reactions: PaladinRoland

·
Premium Member
15,077 Posts
This one happened two nights ago:

I am in a car. I am driving. I think it is a convertible, but not really sure, at this point.

There is some urgency in the dream -- I am finding I need to get to my destination. This isn't a Sunday leisure drive just driving around.

I enter a Water Park in my car. I am driving through water now.

The water slides look like this picture below, and I'm driving around inside of them:

I'm frustrated, because I want out, and I need to get to where I'm supposed to be.

I turn to a guy, unknown to me, but he is driving another car, to my right. Looks like he is also stuck in the Water Park.

I say to him ... "How do I get out of here?"

He says "I don't know. Ask the guy in the booth taking tickets."

I drive over to the guy in the booth, taking/selling tickets. He is old. Grey hair. He is short. Kind of looks like Wilfred Brimley:

I ask him "How do I get out of here?"

He says "I don't know."

I wake up.

This was my 4 millionth dream about driving a car through water. Water water water every where.

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
In this dream I was listening to Yuko Suzuhana sing 'Izana'.

It was just her and me as I watched her perform the song.

It was sort of like a music video of sorts? It was kinda weird. :bored:

She was dressed in a special kimono of some kind.

I only heard her sing this part:

"When everything to keep balance is exhausted.

And there is a threat of bitterness.

Pray for peace.

It is a bridge between heaven and earth.

The teaching of everything is engraved in the heart deeply. Izana."

It was in Japanese though and the part before the song ramps up.

Apparently she was doing a special ritual for me??? :shocked:

Now we were on this giant stairs leading into the cosmos!? :shocked:

I am not sure if I was following Yuko up towards the stairs or she was following me but we were going up the huge golden/cosmic stairs.

I am not sure if it was actually Yuko Suzuhana though?? :bored:

For all we know it could be Yoko-san... Like I'm not entirely sure if it was Yuko though. It's kinda strange.

Anyways, that is all for tonight. :happy:

Alright, after this post and some stuff to do I'll begin to form a reply to a few messages I've seen posted. :happy:

I can take an some time to come up with a response since I am here and there nowadays, and I try to make sure I say what I wanted to say before I post. :bored:

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
I dreamed that I was put in some role of reading a part. But I was basically in charge of reading a story out loud--like for an audiobook, only it was a live audience.

Then I was in school and a teacher asked me to read a paragraph, but I couldn't focus on the words (happens sometimes in dreams). She was floating above a pool or something. She seemed satisfied to prove I couldn't read.

Then I woke up and decided that I must need more self-discipline.

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
I dreamed last night that I met an old man with white hair and mustache, and that he had two women with him (I think a wife and a daughter) who were kind of irritated that their vacation was being interrupted by a stranger (me).

I can't remember what I had to talk to him about, but he said he'd meet me by the tree. It was a big tree with golden leaves and I went there by myself at first, and I thought I'd probably lost him, but then he showed up.

And he asked me how I liked Europe, and what my favorite place, or the most beautiful place in Europe I've visited. And I started going on about Italy and how beautiful Italy is with the little houses with the gardens in front, or the Mediterranean sea. And he listened to me.

There was some kind of structure that had been there, I want to say, around where the tree was. Like it was boxing it in, but the tree was growing above the structure and the leaves were glowing orange and yellow and gold. It was evening or night time.

Then that was it.

I had been watching a bunch of videos and considering getting the book Alla Prima ii (too expensive right now, but on my wish list) by Richard Schmid.

I guess the overall impression I got from the dream was of a peaceful old man taking the time to focus on what is beautiful or inspiring, while I was in a much more agitated mood. But sort of like a reminder to slow down and smell the flowers, or that everything I need I already have.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I can't remember what I had to talk to him about, but he said he'd meet me by the tree. It was a big tree with golden leaves and I went there by myself at first, and I thought I'd probably lost him, but then he showed up.
Wickerdeer said:
There was some kind of structure that had been there, I want to say, around where the tree was. Like it was boxing it in, but the tree was growing above the structure and the leaves were glowing orange and yellow and gold. It was evening or night time.

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
Oh--I hadn't thought of that.

That also fits. I thought it was related to how I looked him up and expected to find something about his art, but then first thing I found was a sort of montage of family filmed videos, and it really made me wonder about what kind of life it must be for someone who is a professional artist. But also just interesting to see the personal side and not just the art. But I was surprised to see the little clips from life and with family.

It's just weird to think about, but my subconscious made a dream about it, I think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Last night I dreamt about mouses... not a particularly happy dream, somewhat creepy. There was a mouse eating another mouse, as if it was a serpent; I remeber the subtle feeling of disgust that I tried to suppress while inside the dream. I guess my subconscious did throw in the pot several elements of stress from my recent daily life -_-

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
This was such a weird dream. :bored:

I don't remember the dream that well but... I was walking around the hut and then this woman in black appeared. :shocked:

She said something to me that the virus was broken into 3 pieces and trying to merge into one? Or was it that she was the virus that was broken into three sections? I don't really remember... All I know it was bad news bears. :bored:

My eyes for some reason filled with black/red blood and exploded. :shocked:

I couldn't see anymore and I was down for the count. :bored:

I don't know what happened but I started to crawl away from her even though I could not see anymore and blood leaked from my bloodstained eye sockets.

I think she went into my squire boy and my sister's room as she stepped over me.

I don't recall much but I believed that she murdered everyone in the household... It was horrible. :crying:

For some reason I could feel her intentions. She felt that she accidentally hurt me and she was about to come over to me next. She didn't seem to want to hurt me?

I don't know what she did after that, but I woke up feeling uneasy. :bored:

If I am to be chosen by the virus I don't want to lose everyone I love and hold dear. :crying:

Anyways, that was all I could remember for tonight.

heh heh heh :skeleton:

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
I remember seeing two fish tanks in the basement.

In real life though there is no fish tanks there at all but there used to have been one. :bored:

Each tank had around 3 large fish that were golden yellow.

This part of the dream reminds me of mister fishy a little when he was still alive. :unsure:

I don't really see the fish tank in my dreams much anymore but I do love seeing the fish tank even though it is only in my dreams.

Not only that but I also miss being in Hana's room. I haven't been in her room for a long while now after her departure.

Anyways, the next dream was me and my sister were at the university.

I believe we were helping me find my three math classes.

We walked past this change room where two guys were yelling about something and going crazy in there. :shocked:

We had a bad feeling about the situation and began to flee before stuff happened and it turns out the two guys in there began to shoot at students in the school. :bored:

My sister led me to this exit passage but it was a dead end??? :shocked:

However, my sister pulled down this wall paper to reveal a hidden elevator? :bored:

I helped her open the elevator door and it led outside?

Now we were outside using the cars for cover and it seems like the one of the two guys were following our trail but I didn't see em?

Now I don't think my sister was really my sister which you will see why later. I believe she was taking the guise of my sister. I mean, she does it all the time where she takes the form of a dream character.

Anyways, she came over to me to help wake me up? :shocked:

She wanted me to escape before anything bad happens and she kept shaking me? :bored:

I managed to wake up though.

And I had the feeling of unease after the dream. :bored:

That was all I could remember for tonight. :happy:

Unfortunately I have forgotten chunks and pieces of the dreams for tonight. :bored:

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
These dreams have been really weird.. :bored:

The first dream was me sliding down the railing of this large spiraling ramp stairs in the center of the mall?

There was a spoon on the railing further down and I tried to skip over it by raising my bottom over but I sat on the spoon instead and continued to slide down uncomfortably as I removed the spoon from my bottoms. :bored:

At the bottom for some reason the ramp stairs turned into a really messed up escalator??? It was a bunch of them mixed into together I have no idea how to explain this. :confused:

Anyways, the base was shaped like a square flower vase with the top layer being the widest and with each subsequent layer being smaller. I believe I was in the cafeteria court.

People were just doing mall things until the escalator started to act funny. It would abruptly stop in certain parts momentarily before resuming function.

Eventually it would stop completely for no reason. :bored:

The cafeteria slowly became more packed and packed as people couldn't leave for some reason?

Each of four entrances were crowed and me and others were trying to get through to see what was going on but it was no use.

I had no idea what was going on and that concerned me and a bunch of others.

However, I knew something bad was going to happen and I should head to somewhere safe while being near an exit.

Me and this woman with a baby had the same idea and we went up to a dark corner of the cafeteria high up just out of view.

I helped her take care of the baby and the baby boy needed to change into warmer clothes before things happened.

As I was changing the baby into warmer clothes the baby started to smile at me?

Another woman beside me wearing black colors told me to smile as well. She sounded like Kaede??? :shocked:

I smiled and I realized the baby I was taking care of was me?????? :shocked: :shocked: :shocked:

I don't quite remember much else. :bored:

In another dream me and the dragon queen had a baby? We were also riding an elephant??? :shocked:

In the next dream I remember seeing a woman in black and she had this odd body tattoo.

She said something to me far away and she said that she owns me.

She was saying that she is the one that is keeping me alive and could stop my breathing, heart, lungs, kidney, or any bodily processes at anytime. :shocked:

She formed a contract with me? I am not sure what that contract was? :bored:

The next dream was me and a teammate were fighting off zombies at the university. They were the typical zombie all rotting flesh and pretty much all male zombies.

I was using a bolt action sniper rifle and it was rather slow on taking on the zombies even though it required only one shot most of the time unless I missed...

We had to fall back and I was slower than my teammate due to dream physics. :bored:

Some of the zombies managed to lunge onto me and damage me and soon I was going to be infected. :shocked:

After that I began to dodge the zombies at the last second by shifting to the right or left for their lunge to miss.

As I caught up to my teammate I told him that I wasn't going to make it as I could feel myself becoming one of them.

The zombies that caught one to me were strangely all female zombies? :shocked:

They also didn't look like the typical zombie but their eyes were glowing pink to tell that they were a zombie.

I told my teammate to continue on as I succumbed to the virus. :bored:

I was getting weaker and weaker and a bunch of zombies began to grab onto me. :shocked:

I didn't want them to bite into my flesh and to rip out chunks of my body. For some reason I wanted to be intact and not only that but that also hurts. :bored:

I told the women that I was about to become one of them soon and that there was no need to eat me.

I continued to keep them off of me but eventually I lost too much energy as they began to pile on top of me. :bored:

Before they could eat me I turned into one of them and my eyes glowed the same pink.

They got off of me and one of the zombies who was wearing black held out her hand to help me up.

The last dream was also another zombie dream.

I was living in a room in the school with a classroom nearby that had friendly zombies.

A friendly zombie fled into my room and I wondered why did she enter my room?

Apparently other zombies were attacking the friendly zombies in the classroom.

I picked up a rifle and dealt with them.

Soon I decided to set up a barricade at the entrance of the classroom. A fellow zombie helped me apply force since the zombies outside were trying to force the barricade down... :bored:

I tried to lock the barricade in but eventually the hostile zombies managed to breakdown the barricade. :bored:

Orange gas was everywhere now but I couldn't breathe that stuff. :shocked:

The outside zombies realized this and decided to go after me as I ran off back to my room to get the gas mask.

I managed to get the mask in time and fought off my pursuers.

Soon a horde was trying to get me so i had to fight my way outside. :shocked:

I broke off the horde by detonating a tanker truck filled with gas outside.

Eventually a police car arrived to help me get the hell out of here as more and more zombies showed up.

I helped take the heat off the police car and there was no time to enter the car so I climbed on top of the police car and held onto the window sockets since the windows were either smashed by zombies or me or the policemen shot through the windows.

I was scared that the windows might slice into my gloves but I held on tight enough as the car began to speed away.

Later on the police stopped at another school and went in to search for it.

Soon this zombie came over and realized I was the key to something and he entered the police car and drove me still on top of the police car somewhere.

Apparently we were headed to France? :bored:

And that was all I could remember for tonight. :happy:

·
Registered
INFP
1,936 Posts
There was something about Joker being mentioned I am not quite sure...

She also said something about three pills of reality?

I believe it was Kaede saying this to me in the darkness?

It was quite strange, but... Did I form a contract with my persona? :shocked:

Does that mean I can summon a persona? :crazy:

I don't recall seeing a velvet room? Um. My research on cognition didn't mention anything about this...

Anyways, three pills? Well, one is blue, and the other is red, but what color is the third pill? I don't recall a third pill? :bored:

Maybe the dragon queen was saying something to mess with me while I was half asleep... :dry:

I guess this is all I could remember for tonight. :happy:

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
I dreamed that I sat on the couch with a man, next to him, but I was physically touching him. Then there was another man that I started touching. I think I touched his back on his side, and touching his foot as well, like I was going to give him a massage.

Both these men were different people but they looked pretty much the same, pretty indistinct. Sort of like Aragorn, with longer dark hair.

Then I got up and there was another man who looked again very similar, and he was talking about building a playground, so I brought over a slice of melon.

The melon slice had all these sprouting melon plants growing out of it. It was yellow/orange, but many bright green, healthy seedlings growing off of it.

I told him, what about growing some plants in the playground?

He was happy with the idea and he hugged me, and I ended up touching him too. And he started climbing on top of me.

So basically a dream about touching three men, which is sort of unusual for me.

The last man was the one I saw clearest, and had the most distinct features. He looked sort of like King Alfred from The Last Kingdom. Then, when I had thought about it, the other men on the couch only reminded me of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. But at the same time, these people weren't like my romantic partners or anything--it was almost like I worried they were my subjects and I was trying not to trespass their boundaries. They were being respectful.

So I guess maybe it's about some kind of king archetype.

Idk--it seems sort of fitting for spring, and as if it is about new beginnings. Or just watching too many shows about kingdoms etc. (I have been watching The Last Kingdom with King Alfred, but I haven't seen Lord of the Rings for probably nearly a decade--still the first reference I thought of when trying to relate who the men could be) But it was pleasant in some ways, which surprises me a little bit.

I don't know why three men. The last one was standing, the othr two were on the couch as if starting to go to sleep. I did have a dream about a couch not too long ago, which I should think about what it could mean.

@Kynx talking about the different archetypes was why I wondered about any king archetype--I don't think I would have paid attention to how the men reminded me of these kings from various fantasy series otherwise. I'm not really clear about how archetypes work in dreams. (I'm just mentioning you because we'd talked about it--but I'm not asking you for a response or anything--just noting that our discussions have helped me view dreams differently than I did, regarding archetypes).

·
Administrator
13,397 Posts
I had a strange dream last night about magic and sorcery or something.

Part of it was weird--like I had to paint someone to gain the power.

Like if I didn't paint it, someone else would just absorb it--like as if it was a bucket of paint spilled on the ground.

And something about friendship--like friendship was also painting, and it had to "win" and I had to paint to gain power and somehow also allow "friendship" to win.

I should probably keep a dream journal when I first wake up since I forgot a lot of details.

It was at night--something about a blond woman. She was the sorceress that I had to paint to help her save power, or us get power, because otherwise it would be taken by someone who didn't care about any of us, as his own.

Sort of like reclaiming power, probably related to identity, and who has the power to form your identity or decide who you will be. I woke up wanting to paint the lady. Feeling an urgency to do it before someone stole the power again.

·
4,809 Posts
I had a horrible dream that I had to redo school again, haha, and not just a few years, I was back with I think 8 yearolds, cutting things in paper and writing simple sentences on templates and other things that was hardly something I needed to learn again. But then the second day I forgot I had to go and stayed home, and then realised I was late and ran to school, feeling really embarrassed I was late and seeing the teacher give me a look like "... t-t-t, what kind of example are you setting? the kids were all on time, why where you not?". There was more, but I don't remember anylonger. I think it has to do with the general feeling I have had for long that I am behind in life, not gotten very far for my age. It might also be a bit inspired by a tv-series I saw some time ago about a woman going back to school (but with 17-year-olds, not 8-year-olds).

In another dream I remembered some days ago (I pretty rarely remember dreams nowadays, wish I remembered more), I was living in a very small house, mostly a rectangular kitchen, and sleepinglofts, one big window in the kitchen, where we were looking out. I lived with a spouse and we had a kid (nothing in this dream was connected to my real life, not the place or the people), and we became anxious because the authorities were out there somewhere, like the police, but unclear in what form, and I worried they would bang on the door any time. There was a strange light shining in through the window, yellow, though it was cloudy, I wonder bit if it might have been on some other planet, something about the world outside was strange. But we gave each other supportive signals with eyes and light touch, and then made a strange sign with our hands, like holding hands but it was like a spiral-shape, held up in front of the window, and in this dreamworld it was a known and significant sign, only made in significant circumstances, about mutual support, "we'll manage it together", and it felt so much calmer then, stronger, like anything could come and it would be ok.
I might in part have been inspired by that I have been worried it is the police whenever someone knock on our door lately (it happened twice, but was ok, we hadn't done anything wrong), especially when I am half asleep and hear noises. But the signthing was the thing most in focus in the dream, it seemed so important when I woke up, but the feeling has vaned some now.

1921 - 1940 of 1967 Posts