Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow INFPs

*It's an XSXJ! RUUN!*

No seriously, I have a fun and interesting question to ask you guys. I know that just about all of you INFPs are real dreamers and such. What is your dreamworld like?

For me, mine is like an augmented reality. In other words, I think of the physical world as it is in reality, but additionally with objects that are uncommon or a fantasy. For example, I look up at a building and the sky above it and see a building with windows, bricks and so on and the blue sky, but then I see some kind of drone that is nonexistent in my life flying around it. ...Or a giant spacecraft floating underneath a cloud (Alien invasion maybe? Naw, it's just an innocent spacecraft)

I had a fascination of trains when I was little so I'd always imagine miniature trains speeding through the hallways in my school.

There you have it. What's your dreamworld like? Is it too abstract to describe? Something much unlike what I described myself?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
My dream world is basically stories that I make up from movies or books I read or just things that happen in my life. Like I think of things I want to do but never can. There's music playing constantly. And the characters I make up sing the songs sometimes. Sometimes there's time travel involved or funny or serious plots. The setting is usually in the city or an odd music video looking place.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My dream world is often non-sensical, with strange settings, colours and themes. For example, in my dream world a spaceship could revert from hyperspace/ftl/warp speed etc. in an almost surreal way, there is much going on with the technology which is superfluous and improbable (possibly because I don't regard myself as a mechanical thinker at all.) The ship could perhaps be under attack from another party and a trippy space battle occurs (I implemented one such particularly insane scene into a short story I once wrote) with lasers and almost magic and the like flying in every direction (I like things to be a bit epic :happy:) It may then end and I envision the space station in my mind, in my most recent it was a giant pyramid in space, being endlessly constructed from the peak downwards (it was supposed to be thousands of miles in length.) Its all sown together with particular scenes yet the plot makes sense to me (even though it hasn't been devised.) Afterwards it may jump to a completely different scene or story plot or just to sheer introspection.

In another, it takes on a theme of absolute chaos e.g where reality for the characters endlessly shift or change, where for example everyone and everything has limitless powers so everything is in conflict, in one part everyone is erased from existence and returns back for instance. Its also a place of creatures where when people look upon them, they see perfection and can't bear it. That world is called Utopia by the inhabitants, perhaps as some rather twisted irony. I like this one because I can take the non-sensical and the imaginative to the limits with all sorts of non-existent colours, creatures and the like.

I often have the reality/dream blend as well. For example, Naruto style ninjas burst into my office or surreal monsters or creatures swim through the ground or through the sky above a random street or city I may be in at the time.

Other than that the dream world takes either an idealised form of the world or of myself, a futuristic scene of some sort or a standard dialogue between a few people in a storyworld setting.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
My dreamworld is just a lot more vivid than the real world every color is brighter and the trees whisper and sing to me about the lives they've had. A lot of the times I make things like they're from a movie scene it just feels that way. there's also of course a very sexual side to my dreamworld to. I dont know maybe its hard to explain haha xD

·
Registered
243 Posts
My dream world, this might be kinda hard to explain...but, I can dream while I'm awake. I just relax, close my eyes....get into some crazy lower state of consciousness...and before I know it I"m having vivid dreams...but I"m still awake...!!

Does anyone else experience this?

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
My Dreamworld looks a lot like Willy Wonka's Chocolate factory, I wear a purple coat & a top hat. I have other dreamworlds & I'll post some pics when I get home.

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
I've imagined giants roaming around, creating chaos and such. Really really REALLY big, surreal looking giants. Or like huge cataclysms, tearing the world apart. Not that I wish the world were torn apart and the lives of everyone ruined. I just think it'd make life more interesting.:tongue:

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
My dream world, this might be kinda hard to explain...but, I can dream while I'm awake. I just relax, close my eyes....get into some crazy lower state of consciousness...and before I know it I"m having vivid dreams...but I"m still awake...!!

You mean day dreaming?:tongue:

·
Registered
375 Posts

You are either describing the conscious hypnagogic dream state which occurs pre-REM sleep state, or you are describing conscious (lucid) dreaming that occurs during sleeping stages. By your description, it sounds like you are speaking of hypnagogic imagery, which takes place at the onset of sleep and is accompanied by an increase in theta brainwave activity.

I have this happen quite often at nighttime when I am going to sleep, but I haven't really tried inducing it during the daytime in a flight of fanciful reverie. When it occurs at night it is either in the form of abstract and elaborate geometrical forms that twist, spin, and gyrate in a wondrous dance of flashing color, or in a thematic production of vivid images. All of this happens while I am conscious, but I must remain a passive observer. If I engage my mind to think upon anything in particular, everything disappears.

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts

When I close my eyes.... not all the time, but some of the timeI see letters, faces, names float by & floating puff balls.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Mines very nature oriented.
The colors are very muted because it looks as if the sun is shinning brighter than anything has ever shone before. There is often flowers and grass taller than me. I'm always barefoot, and I'm usually alone, but if i'm not I'm surrounded by my baby cousins, or my closest friends.

There's an awful lot of picnics and hot air ballons.

·
Registered
243 Posts
You are either describing the conscious hypnagogic dream state which occurs pre-REM sleep state, or you are describing conscious (lucid) dreaming that occurs during sleeping stages. By your description, it sounds like you are speaking of hypnagogic imagery, which takes place at the onset of sleep and is accompanied by an increase in theta brainwave activity.

I have this happen quite often at nighttime when I am going to sleep, but I haven't really tried inducing it during the daytime in a flight of fanciful reverie. When it occurs at night it is either in the form of abstract and elaborate geometrical forms that twist, spin, and gyrate in a wondrous dance of flashing color, or in a thematic production of vivid images. All of this happens while I am conscious, but I must remain a passive observer. If I engage my mind to think upon anything in particular, everything disappears.

hypnagogic imagery...now that is a mouthfull. Yes, I need to maintain myself as a passive observer.

cheers for fanciful reverie...!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
When I close my eyes.... not all the time, but some of the timeI see letters, faces, names float by & floating puff balls.
floating puff balls...*laughing*...that's dreamy

mine are usually more like someone helping me change the oil on my car

·
Premium Member
15,252 Posts
... If I engage my mind to think upon anything in particular, everything disappears.
This absolutely happens w/me. If I relax, the images come & I DO mean come.. full faces @ times.. people I have never seen before in my life. I have even had full names float in from the left and right of my closed eye vision. But if I tense up... fuggetaboutit -- *they* are gone. It's quite interesting actually and it seems the older I have become the more I see behind my eyelids.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Mine I can't really explain well... there isn't some sort of symbolic object I can describe, besides me... I'm always the main focus of my dreams... it's always me somewhere, talking to someone, doing something, solving a problem... in my world I can hear everyone's thoughts but I never act on them. It's always busy and I'm always in a rush for something to be someone, to prove myself, I think that in my dreams I'm right where I want to be but later realize I'm just thinking idealistic thoughts about myself. These idealistic dreams I have about myself pretty much drive my whole life.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My dreamery is quite down to earth and realistic on the whole, although it may involve romantic fantasising about idealised relationships, or what I would do if I won the lottery. I build my perfect world and try to live in it emotionally and figuratively, which is why mundane reality always falls disappointingly short.

I'd like to shut it all off and live in the real world, it would solve a lot of problems and probably make me happier.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts