Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
only once did I over-drink. And it was pretty hilarious for others and not so cool for me. I kinda remember everything I did but I COULD NOT CONTROL MYSELF, I was a slave to instincts.
At first I was like a PURE Se type *WHO CAN DO MORE PUSH-UPS THAN I CAN?!*,pure energy, I was everywhere talking loudly topped with an extreme lack of inhibition combined with my Ni. So I was making things up in a creative way while also verbalizing whatever my senses were dictating. And I hit on some girls (no, I'm not proud of myself, I DID NOT EVEN LIKE THEM - of course drunk me didn't get that-), I got home after the party and my mom asked me 'what's up? are you ok? how was the party?' and I nodded not being able to verbalize anything anymore.
Not (ever) gonna do that again. Everything was like a dream, my body was moving on it's own. Anyway no bodily-control issues. I was fine, I could dance like never before and I was far more arrogant and competitive.
Nope, not proud of it but heh. I had to try it, my curiosity wouldn't let me go so it would have happened sooner or later.

·
Registered
536 Posts
only once did I over-drink. And it was pretty hilarious for others and not so cool for me. I kinda remember everything I did but I COULD NOT CONTROL MYSELF, I was a slave to instincts.
At first I was like a PURE Se type *WHO CAN DO MORE PUSH-UPS THAN I CAN?!*,pure energy, I was everywhere talking loudly topped with an extreme lack of inhibition combined with my Ni. So I was making things up in a creative way while also verbalizing whatever my senses were dictating. And I hit on some girls (no, I'm not proud of myself, I DID NOT EVEN LIKE THEM - of course drunk me didn't get that-), I got home after the party and my mom asked me 'what's up? are you ok? how was the party?' and I nodded not being able to verbalize anything anymore.
Not (ever) gonna do that again. Everything was like a dream, my body was moving on it's own. Anyway no bodily-control issues. I was fine, I could dance like never before and I was far more arrogant and competitive.
Nope, not proud of it but heh. I had to try it, my curiosity wouldn't let me go so it would have happened sooner or later.
Very much related to what you said. Slave to my instincts, being unable to control myself, arrogant, competitive, etc. I could still talk though.

I also become comedic relief when I'm drunk. I like only drinking socially though. I was actually just trying to drink alone just now and couldn't even finish a 4th of the bottle because it's tasting bad to me for some reason. Same happened like 3 days ago. Bought a 6 pack when I was miserable last Thursday or Friday but never downed them all like I thought I would. Didn't even finish all of one. Probably won't drink until I go visit my friends but yeah, just wanted to say I relate to most of what you said.

Also... Kenshin (his sig)! I loved the OVA and the concept of him using a reverse blade sword because he could actually slash people without killing them and found the paradox of him being a pacifist and a samurai very compelling. Plan to buy the volumes mainly from the Jinchu arc up till the end as I've already watched up to the Shishio arc. They should animate the rest of it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was just speaking with one of my friends about how we act when we're drunk. She commented that I never appear drunk - always seemingly in control of my actions. And it's true. I always know what I'm doing and I'm very aware of it. Having a few drinks does 'loosen me up' and give me a degree of social confidence that I don't usual possess, but I don't lose any social or spacial awareness like I'd say the majority do.

I haven't seen any discussions on this topic, so I'm curious to hear your stories. What are you like when drunk? :)*
!
+1

·
Registered
633 Posts
I become an Extrovert who cannot shut his mouth.
So i annoy people with my endless talk of shit.
And still they want to see me drunk..

i hate you alcohol.
Sounds about right :)

People love me when I'm drunk, I become the centre of attention, everyone just sits there wondering what stupidity is going to come out of my mouth next.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Depends on how much I drink, my tolerance is pretty high so if im usually just tipsy, more relaxed and social, laugh alot, but am in control of myself. However, i do get those times where I actively decide to get blind drunk, and i do. haha
I'd say when I'm in that state I'm completely out of control, and all the emotions that usually build up inside me gets let out completely. I've had a period where I'd go violent when I got drunk.. but i blame that on over-consumption, I don't think that has much to do with being an INFJ. However, I say a lot of things in these states (which i forget the next day but people recite in to me), that is almost like my true hidden self speaking up, like my subconsious speaking straight to me

·
Registered
322 Posts
Oh alcohol, we have a complex relationship, don't we.

Yeah, I had my time around with some liberal enjoyment of alcohol in my early 20s. Observations of my drunken state have been made. When I'm tipsy I:

• become very mellow
  • become highly affectionate (hugs and cuddles and hand holding)
  • give out extravagant compliments
  • am very emotionally open and personally expressive
As it progresses to being more drunk I'm inclined to be more impulsive and sense driven which has lead to some weird places. I've never felt truly compromised from a drunk state, though there are some things I feel a little embarrassed about. (I'm easily embarrassed so my drunken foibles are tamer than some things others do when sober, and consistently connect to engaging in deeper levels of overtly/physically expressed affection than normal.) Interestingly, those weird drunken spaces have been quite revealing. It gave me the insight that what I was seeking was an instinctive and grounded part of myself.

Currently I don't actually drink except for special occasions. At first it was because drinking and depression are a bad idea, but it's come to a point now where I have no desire for alcohol at all; I don't like feeling removed from engaging in experience and I no longer need to drink to feel open to that instinctual/grounded experience as I once did.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I'm only 20, and my honor code will not allow me to drink or do drugs. However, I have been loopy under medical care a few times. This usually ends up being hilarious. I'm still aware of everything that is going on. I even register that I am not thinking clearly. Somehow I end up being a social, giggly version of myself when this happens.

I woke up from my tonsilectomy higher than a kite in a room with an underwater decor. It took me a few minutes to convince myself that I was not in Finding Nemo. I never did get the nurse to understand why I was laughing.

When I was on laughing gas at the dentist I realized that the machine made strange noises when I breathed in. So I told the dentist that I was NOT messed up- "but check this out! I sound like Vader!!!"

I woke up from a sinus surgery with a few nurses standing over me talking about how much I looked like Snow White... This ticked me off, so I said "Hey... I know you. You're the ones who hit me in the face with that freakin apple. You broke my nose! he hehe. pfft. HAHA ow. HAHA~"

·
Registered
10,452 Posts
I've never been drunk (don't drink) but I'd imagine I might be sort of grumpy since that's the way I am when I'm really tired unfortunately. I've had laughing gas before and was too aware of the whole thing to relax. I did not enjoy that experience at all.

My INFJ husband doesn't drink either but he ordered an alcoholic dessert one time on accident (didn't realize it had alcohol in it) and he stood up and started quoting Shakespeare. I really wished I had witnessed that event but sadly, I did not :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
I turn into an evil bastard when i get drunk. I have a rediculous tolerance due to over use at a younger age so i pretty much only feel drunk when i'm close to blacking out. So when i do manage to hit that sweet spot and feel drunk an alter ego takes over. He doesn't pick any fights or make fun of the innocent but this alter ego loves to make fun of people that need to be brought down a few levels in the ol totem poll. It's all in good fun though.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Fortunately, when I've had a drink I'm a happy and /or sleepy drunk.

Maybe it's in my genetic code?

When [not] in [Sweden], do as the [Swedes] do during Midsummer celebrations!

Eat. Drink. Be merry!

I've only ever been drunk, really, one time. All the other times I was either tipsy or really tipsy, but not all out drunk. That one time, though, I had some fun trying to navigate a room at 2 a.m. and walk through a darkened hallway, thinking in my head, wow, I think this time I've actually had too much to drink! It was vodka and orange juice -a "screwdriver"- that my friend made a couple of for us while decorating her Christmas tree.

Even so, I've yet to ever be so drunk that puking occurs- and it's not an aspiration of mine to ever experience a drunken binge that would induce such a hangover, anyway. The worst a hangover has ever been for me is a lasting headache.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I've never been drunk because I'm afraid of the things I might do if I'm even slightly less inhibited.
Not that I'm condoning drinking.

Give it a try, it's how I got over my shyness (Not the only way), I got drunk, did and said silly things and realized that no one really cared and most people actually enjoyed seeing my more human side.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
He doesn't pick any fights or make fun of the innocent but this alter ego loves to make fun of people that need to be brought down a few levels in the ol totem poll.
I love when someone tries to verbally abuse me while I'm drunk. I go into Satan mode and fucking unload on them. Obviously I only do this if the person has malicious intent. I really don't mind banter.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts