Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Describe weird or interesting or funny dreams you've had in the past, or your weirdest 'dream logic'!

for example-
a few weeks ago, I had a dream that I went to a pet shop and bought a green chicken, and had to teach it to walk because it didn't know how. But I had to hide it from everyone I knew because for some reason it was illegal to have a chicken that was green.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Call me sappy and corny but... :laughing:

I fell asleep on a road trip. The armrest on the car can be lifted to about shoulder height for storing large luggage, but actually serves as a good headrest.

It was a chilly morning but not cold enough to actually wear a jacket, so I just brought it along and covered myself with it as I drifted off to sleep.

My dream turned out to be a reenactment of a bus ride I had with the INFP girl I'm crazy in love with, where I fell asleep on her without knowing, except this time she was on my right.

I woke up tightly squeezing my jacket's shirt sleeve. I think I dreamed that it was her hand. :tongue:

·
Registered
695 Posts
Ok, so I had this dream the other night that my friend Arvin was asking me if he should drink water. I told him yes, you should drink water. (I proceeded to wake up and post this on his Facebook wall without explanation).

I tend to have the most realistic dreams to the point that they're funny because of just how realistic they are. (I think this happened because at a certain point I would realize I was dreaming when dreams got weird, so then I started waking up whenever I was dreaming because I would be like...unable to continue dreaming once I realized I was).

·
Registered
17,829 Posts
I've posted my dreams in many threads across PerC -- most of them are a result of my highly developed Ni which I feel sometimes is now more developed [both healthily and unhealthily] than my Fe in many cases.

I've had dreams very similar to my INFJ mom and they started a long time ago when I was 11.

I have multiple types of dreams - and they are as follows:

Bloody / Gorey Nightmares
- They range from everything from death, loss, amputations, mystical beasts, premonitions, fears, being eaten by beasts, watching the deaths of family members, walking through streets of blood, headless animals [horses and goats]. Sometimes the images are thematic as part of a storyline. Some nightmares come in episodal format. I've learnt to control my nightmares consciously and have a mental *off* switch where I've trained myself to wake up during the nightmare.

Romantic / Sex Dreams
- I've always had those of unfulfilled romantic relationships with my unrequited limerences, good and bad relationships, friends who I didn't have romantic feelings for IRL, unfulfilled fantasies IRL that I fulfilled in my dreams. I've stopped having those since marriage not because my needs were fulfilled but because now I've developed an association of pain with romance.

Episodal Adventures
- I've dreamt about everything from travel on startships to far off galaxies, to floating in space alone, to adventures on the ocean, in mountains, in worlds that I've never seen exist in real life even in paintings and pictures. My mind creates entire universes teeming with colours, life, new people, people from RL. Some of these dreams are my favourite because I feel like they are a part of my reality - and sometimes I pretend as though these dreams ARE my reality. I usually wake up happy after these dreams

Dreams of a lost person in my life
I've had this dream since I was very young. I see visions of a beautiful girl with flowing dark hair with her back to me. Usually walking across a street towards the ocean and just standing there with her back to me with her hair flowing in the wind. I can never see her face, but I know that she's smiling and happy that I'm there watching her and pursuing her. These dreams stopped when I was finally told by my mother that she aborted a child after me - and I've always had an inherent longing to have a younger sister, which is why I take on the elder brother role IRL to all the girls who are younger to me. Sometimes I wonder if I was imprinted with the gene code of an elder brother but it was something that circumstances stole from me.

She's the most beautiful little girl I've ever felt and my heart sometimes longs to meet her in person - but I know it will never be because she was taken before she could be born.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dreams of a lost person in my life
I've had this dream since I was very young. I see visions of a beautiful girl with flowing dark hair with her back to me. Usually walking across a street towards the ocean and just standing there with her back to me with her hair flowing in the wind. I can never see her face, but I know that she's smiling and happy that I'm there watching her and pursuing her. These dreams stopped when I was finally told by my mother that she aborted a child after me - and I've always had an inherent longing to have a younger sister, which is why I take on the elder brother role IRL to all the girls who are younger to me. Sometimes I wonder if I was imprinted with the gene code of an elder brother but it was something that circumstances stole from me.

She's the most beautiful little girl I've ever felt and my heart sometimes longs to meet her in person - but I know it will never be because she was taken before she could be born.
that's kind of... beautifully sad, in a way.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Many years ago, while I was still longing for love...

I dreamt that I was in a country, running for my life while holding in my right hand the love of my life. It was in Western Europe and the whole city was coming apart with buildings exploding and people being hunted down and dying. We were running through the alleyways and small streets. A huge flock of people just running away and screaming.

I couldn't see it. One truck at the end of the road was trying to get through but some force knocked it over and it came crashing to the side. Some men, that seemed dark and invisible, with smoke coming off their bodies, rapidly rushed over to the turned truck and fired their submachine guns at the people inside.

I just kept running. And then suddenly a mortar shell landed nearby. I could see people falling down all beside me, blown back by the blast. However, they were further from me. I noticed my lover stopped running as my hand encountered resistance from hers. I turn back and I see half her face blown away by the blast, showing her skull... I woke up soon after.

I prayed that in that story, I die as well...

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
I also had a chicken dream once. Except I was at a theme park with my friend. There was a giant chicken ride. Everyone was waiting in line, and for some reason every other person in line would get sliced by a guillotine. If you made it on the ride you would climb into the eggs and travel through the chicken.

Yes.
And then you would get laid.

I've had crazy dreams my whole life. I could go on and on. Some wonderful, beautiful lucid dreams, some crazy ones, and some horrifying ones.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I was really into my dreams a little while ago.
I had nightmares, lucid dreams, dreams about people who had died...
Before I came on here, I found a dream forum where I would analyze people's dreams for them.
Maybe it's the type 2 thing but I have a need to be helpful. And when I was depressed and scared to leave the house after my friend's murder, analyzing people's dreams and being a support group leader were my outlet.
Now I come on here....

Anyway, I learned from my dream exploration that dreams are so-so-so important. Here's how:
-Preparedness. During REM your subconscious prepares for the worst case scenario. So your dreams are of the nightmarish quality. The absolute worst that you can imagine happens in REM.
So, if you wake up during REM you will be understandably irritable--being that you were only a few short seconds ago being harassed by your biggest fear.
-Memory. When you sleep, your mind connects images, sensations, and ideas that are essential to memory. You can't do something then you wake up and you're better at it.
I find that if I want to learn something quickly, I focus intensely on it for a couple of hours and then, I let my mind rest. It's like sleep but without sleeping. I go back to it and the motion comes more naturally, the solution flows from my fingertips. Oh, it's wonderful.
-Symbols for interpretation.
Sometimes this is important. Especially if you're having trouble in your waking state. You have a recurring nightmare or dream sequence that is disturbing, frightening, exhilarating...these are messages from your unconscious self about your own development during your waking hours.

A year or so ago, I had a dream I was rushing to get somewhere on time as the sun was setting. I ran across a peer and found a man standing there. He was wearing a leather jacket and had a seventies shaggy haircut. He turned to me and said, "Why don't you just slow down and we'll go together."
I stopped and watched the river flow by and a little girl arrived.
A bright white light engulfed the three of us. Almost as if we transcended time.

This dream meant a lot to me. I had it when I started my journey to self-discovery. I really wanted to know it all. I wanted to figure it out. And I still find myself rushing sometimes. But the truth is, self-discovery, the path to enlightenment...well...it takes a while. You can't rush it because it requires patience. ;)

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@marzipan01 that's incredibly useful. I want to thank it multiple times because I'd been wondering about that stuff.

Dream interpretations have always fascinated me but I'm not very good at it.
Sometimes it's obvious- as I was finishing school, one of my friends told me about a dream she'd had in which she was swimming and dived down, but then when she went to come back up, the water level had risen and was way above her. And she dreamed that she was desperately trying to reach the air but it was too far, and as she was about to drown she woke up. Because of the timing, it was obvious that this was her feeling like she couldn't go back- we were leaving school and that's a giant step for everyone. She felt like it was too big of a leap and she felt she was out of her depth. When I told her my interpretation, she looked amazed and said that that was exactly how she was feeling, but hadn't linked it to the dream, hadn't seen the connection. Which was weird as it was the most obvious thing to me. I guess sometimes you just need a different perspective.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I had a dream that me and a group of friends were being hunted by the roman army, and just as they cornered us, one of them poked me in the chest with their sword. I decided to play dead for some reason (it made sense at the time) so I collapsed but then couldn't breathe properly and my back felt weird. Which was when I realised that I actually had been stabbed. And then I coughed up blood, andthe dream ended. It didn't hurt, though, which was strange. Just felt a little uncomfortable.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@marzipan01 that's incredibly useful. I want to thank it multiple times because I'd been wondering about that stuff.

Dream interpretations have always fascinated me but I'm not very good at it.
Sometimes it's obvious- as I was finishing school, one of my friends told me about a dream she'd had in which she was swimming and dived down, but then when she went to come back up, the water level had risen and was way above her. And she dreamed that she was desperately trying to reach the air but it was too far, and as she was about to drown she woke up. Because of the timing, it was obvious that this was her feeling like she couldn't go back- we were leaving school and that's a giant step for everyone. She felt like it was too big of a leap and she felt she was out of her depth. When I told her my interpretation, she looked amazed and said that that was exactly how she was feeling, but hadn't linked it to the dream, hadn't seen the connection. Which was weird as it was the most obvious thing to me. I guess sometimes you just need a different perspective.

Anyway, a couple of nights ago I had a dream that me and a group of friends were being hunted by the roman army, and just as they cornered us, one of them poked me in the chest with their sword. I decided to play dead for some reason (it made sense at the time) so I collapsed but then couldn't breathe properly and my back felt weird. Which was when I realised that I actually had been stabbed. And then I coughed up blood, andthe dream ended. It didn't hurt, though, which was strange. Just felt a little uncomfortable.
If you want to be better at analyzing dreams. Here's what I learned from a Jungian Psychologist podcast.
1. Write down the dream
2. Jot down the symbols
In your case, your symbols would be:
army
back
chest
being stabbed
blood
playing dead
friends

3. Look up symbols in dream dictionary
There's one online
An Online Guide To Dream Interpretation

4. The dream dictionary/symbols dictionary will tell you the archaic symbol's meaning
By that, I mean the baseline meaning of the symbol
So then we have to go back and see how they are related to each other.

5. Relate the symbols back to your own meaning. And relate the entire dream and its symbols back to you.

About your friend, Feelers tend to repress reality. Our dreams are about the objective reality of the situation which we are denying. But thinkers repress feelings. So a thinker who gives you their dream would be really easy to interpret for you being that you are an ENFJ and perceptive of the emotional aspect. But she could also be a feeler and it was just the link from feeling to repressed data that you saw. I agree, it's always difficult to interpret your own dreams but it gets easier. I have sometimes analyzed my own dreams while I was dreaming them. Now, that's weird!

But objective reality repression showing up in dream content which is really freaky...
I denied that I was an ENFJ for a year and a half. I had a dream once after my ENFP friend was yelling on about how ENFJs were annoying him and I chimed in with him. That night I had a dream where all my ENFJ friends and I were swimming in a polluted river and the filth was seeping into our bones and we were all dying.
After interpretation, I realized my subconscious was telling me to change my attitude about ENFJs. But I still didn't know why. Now, I finally understand. My unconscious was trying to tell me I was an ENFJ.

Freaky that my unconscious knows more than I do.

So, back to your dream...

Blood and chest are your vitality. Your back symbolizes your attitudes. Blood is also life force.
Something about your conscious attitude is destroying and crippling your energy and vitality.

I have no idea what attitude it is. I'm not going to make any assumptions because I don't know what happened before you dreamed it. So here we are you get to do number 5 yourself. :)

Oh, but I just another clue just based on the fact that you are an ENFJ and similar patterns in our dreams.

Armies can represent our tendency to conform to a set of social norms that want to destroy our individuality and emotions. (Of course this depends on your upbringing your perception of the army)

Personally, I can see the army as a manifestation or symbol of serving our country as well as conforming. I also see it as a symbol of duty, honor, self-sacrifice, and heroes.
So, your dream could be about the way your duties and tendencies to serve others is destroying your vitality and bleeding you of your passion and life force.
Perhaps, telling you to be more selfish?

I think it's a good idea to look at the archaic meaning of the symbol and then to write down the symbol and say what it means to you. Just list off a few words that come to mind when you think of it.
When you think about the symbols long enough the solution will spin out in front of you. :)
It's such a good Ni work out. Analyzing dreams really got those wheels spinning every morning. :)

·
Registered
419 Posts
Awesomeness :D

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Blood and chest are your vitality. Your back symbolizes your attitudes. Blood is also life force.
Something about your conscious attitude is destroying and crippling your energy and vitality.
Well... this is freakishly accurate.

Armies can represent our tendency to conform to a set of social norms that want to destroy our individuality and emotions. (Of course this depends on your upbringing your perception of the army)

Personally, I can see the army as a manifestation or symbol of serving our country as well as conforming. I also see it as a symbol of duty, honor, self-sacrifice, and heroes.
So, your dream could be about the way your duties and tendencies to serve others is destroying your vitality and bleeding you of your passion and life force.
Perhaps, telling you to be more selfish?
Maybe... it's something I had been thinking about, except... in reverse. I've been nonconforming more than is necessary- acting more foolish to make people laugh and playing up my natural eccentricity. Trying to stop playing my features up is something I've been thinking about recently.

Also, thanks for your interpretaions! I've favourited that website, and I intend to do that about writing down key aspects and looking them up. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Boat
To dream that you are in or see a boat signifies your ability to cope with and express your emotions.
:)
So....what if you had a dream that you were sailing on a boat made of cake? :D

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
So....what if you had a dream that you were sailing on a boat made of cake? :D
To see a cake in your dream indicates that you need to learn to share and allocate your workload instead of trying to do everything yourself.�Cakes also symbolize selfishness or the feeling of not getting your fair share. More positively, the dream may represent your accomplishments and achievements.

So, it could mean you need to share your emotional talents with others

Did you really have this dream?
Or were you kidding?
lol.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
To see a cake in your dream indicates that you need to learn to share and allocate your workload instead of trying to do everything yourself.�Cakes also symbolize selfishness or the feeling of not getting your fair share. More positively, the dream may represent your accomplishments and achievements.

So, it could mean you need to share your emotional talents with others

Did you really have this dream?
Or were you kidding?
lol.
I did! It was back when I was younger.

I was in fact, sailing on a piece of cake. It was a sunny afternoon and the sky was blue. There were many other people also floating on cake as well. We were all just happily floating on pieces cake on the deep blue sea. That was it. That was the dream.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts