Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I made this thread so whenever a member of personalitycafe is feeling down, they can go here to this global thread and look for random bits of advice. Well, I'm young, so you oldies (haha, jk) are likely wiser and more emotionally mature than me, and there's no such thing as too much insight.

Just share your random helpful advice/opinions and stuff on anything that your heart desires.

This way, we can get to know other PerCers in the process, take in their advice, and value differences and yadda yadda yadda.

This might sound cheesy, but I think it would be cool.

*holds hands with forest animals and sings*

PS: I will contribute but I want to hear your thoughts first.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
I made this thread so whenever a member of personalitycafe is feeling down, they can go here to this global thread and look for random bits of advice. Well, I'm young, so you oldies (haha, jk) are likely wiser and more emotionally mature than me, and there's no such thing as too much insight.

Just share your random helpful advice/opinions and stuff on anything that your heart desires.

This way, we can get to know other PerCers in the process, take in their advice, and value differences and yadda yadda yadda.

This might sound cheesy, but I think it would be cool.

*holds hands with forest animals and sings*

PS: I will contribute but I want to hear your thoughts first.
Love the forest animal kumbaya reference. :) :)

Okay- I know I will sound cheesy- but I don't care.

-all negative situations/trials/tribulations have an ending. They ALL do! Try to remember that when you are "in" it.
-sounds cliche, but truly .... every trial/tribulation has something to be gained/learned from it. These experiences not only make you wiser- they make you stronger and more able to tolerate trials in the future. And maybe even help someone else down the line.
-life patterns / situations in an odd way have a way of repeating themselves in different situations throughout your life. So there really is no reason to continue to freak out in life. Find the gem that you gained from a previous trial and apply it- push thru the situation and move on.
-Us ENFPs do not always know how to live for the now as we worry about tomorrow. Easier said than done, but try to close the door to yesterday, put down the binoculars to tomorrow and just live for today.
-eat chocolate. every day. especially if you're female.

that's all I got.
haha
:)

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Fall down seven, stand up eight.

I don't know if I have any great advice other than remember that there is a future and whatever adversity comes your way that it doesn't last forever.

You might be better at reasoning things out but when I was young I couldn't see the forest through the trees. But while we are in the forest we may as well hold hands with the forest animals and sing! I love that. :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Never give up no matter what you face and no matter what others say.

Reactions: Some Kind of Blue

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
In lieu of two suicides in my area over the last two weeks, I have something to say.

To those that hurt, I am so sorry. You do not deserve the pain the world throws at you. The bullying, arguments, painful words, misfortune, and the such isn't fair. No matter what though, don't give up. Don't lost hope of the light at the end of the tunnel. Life is hard. People aren't always good. But the good experiences you enjoy in life are gone when you choose to end your life. The people who loved you most, and there are always more than you may ever imagine, will miss you beyond belief. You have no idea whether the other side is worth it. To end your life always seems like the least intelligent choice. You can always find 10 reasons why you can live instead of taking that final step.

Don't let others control your life. Shine, smile, love, and keep moving forward. Don't let anybody snuff out your flame! You have worth and value, even if you do not hear it. Even if you hear the opposite. Find people who love you and tell them you need help if you struggle.

Recovering is damn hard work. Learning to change the negative into positive isn't easy. Unlearning those habits that bring you down is a challenge. Don't give up no matter how hard it is. The rewards that come from the work are wonderful.

If you want to die, don't. There are random strangers manning hotlines who will advocate for your life. There are friends and family who will do anything to keep you here. Please ask for help. It is ok.

It breaks my heart that two lives are gone. What I wish I could have done to be there in their final moments to turn it around. If a random stranger can, there are people you know who will want to also.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hmmm... Here's a tip I have.

When one stands in front of a mirror, what they might do is examine their own facial features and contemplate what it's like to be themselves and see the world through their own eyes. What annoys me about most humans is their inherent bias towards good looking people. Looks, appearance, desire to fit in separate the human from their own true self and what potentials THEY have as an individual.

We all perceive the world through distinct viewpoints of realities; what is "real" to one human might not be the exact same realness level for another human.

Why focus on looks on the outside where everyone is HUMAN? All of our organs are of the same structure. Our bones were built the same way. Our skin is made up of the same basic chemicals. When it comes down to it, what matters more then looks is if the person has a good heart. By good, I do not mean "innocent, clean language, pushover, etc." I mean anyone who sees the world in such a way that is good.

That is all I have for now. Come ON, you lazies, ADD! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts