Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone asked me about the Enneagram, so I thought I'd post something here, and let everyone benefit from the knowledge...

Test: (Third group down on the left)
Personality Tests and Tools

Find out what your type means: (Google also works, just type in "enneagram type x" where x is your type)
Enneagram Institute: Enneagram Testing & Training

Discuss:
Ediots • Index page

There are other sites out there too, these can get you started.
I've found this has much more depth and detail than MBTI. It attempts to explain things that MBTI does not.

I enjoy discussing this, so feel free to hit me up privately or here if you have questions.

Reactions: LadyJava

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
I took the long test and tested as a Two, which is what I tested as years ago. Recently I tested as a Four, but it didn't seem "right." Four came in a close second, and that's probably why it was easy to test differently.

The Enneagram is a personality system which divides the entire human personality into nine behavioral tendencies, this is your score on each...

Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||| 65%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||| 50%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 62%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 47%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 32%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||| 51%

My instinctual variants were a bit suprising.

Sexual |||||||||||||||||||||||| 74%
Social ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%
Self Preservation ||||||||||||||||||||| 66%

Instinctual variant theory holds that your instinctual drives can be divided into three forces. The Sexual force drives you to seek closeness, like you would experience in a strong romantic relationship or a close friendship. The Social force drives you to consider the wider community, where you and others stand, what everyone thinks/feels/needs of you and what you think/feel/need of them. The Self Preservation force drives you to maintain individual concerns - security, health, comfort, etc..

Interesting. I look forward to see what other types are represented. Thank you for those links, Bear.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Mine is odd because I got even on two numbers, my two are 8 & 7. Thus I'm either 7w8 or 8w7. :proud:

Also I'm Sx/Sp/So (So = 70% Sp = 71%)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is odd because I got even on two numbers, my two are 8 & 7. Thus I'm either 7w8 or 8w7. :proud:
No sir, you're not. 7w8 and 8w7 are totally different gestalts.

Those tests show me as being more 9 than 8, but I am 8w9.

7w8 is more aggressive less "alpha"
8w7 is more "alpha" less aggressive

Do you relate to Spawn, Batman, or Wolverine?

Do you have an inner war going on? Like some serious internal conflict?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
No sir, you're not. 7w8 and 8w7 are totally different gestalts.

Those tests show me as being more 9 than 8, but I am 8w9.

7w8 is more aggressive less "alpha"
8w7 is more "alpha" less aggressive

Do you relate to Spawn, Batman, or Wolverine?

Do you have an inner war going on? Like some serious internal conflict?
Out of the ones you listed I relate to Spawn.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Depending on how you classify war? I have battles with myself, yes, but I'm sure that's normal.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
spawn ftw!
Exactly. Spawn is by far one of the few (comic) people I relate to, and that makes him one of my favorite heroes.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Depending on how you classify war? I have battles with myself, yes, but I'm sure that's normal.
Do you feel in touch with your animal nature, and the old school primal urges that come with it? Savagery, lust, murder, etc?

If you do, do you revel in it? Like "Oh yeah... I'm a beast."

Do you have a hard time seeing yourself? As in... self identity. Like there's a fog around who you are.

When you try to describe yourself, is it like writing draft after draft and throwing them into a waste basket, not quite sure how to phrase it?

These are not random questions. I'm not going to place any personal value judgment on them, nor do I think there's anything abnormal about you. So please answer each one. I'm not having fun at your expense.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
"Do you feel in touch with your animal nature, and the old school primal urges that come with it? Savagery, lust, murder, etc?"

Yes, I'm in touch with my animal instincts.

"If you do, do you revel in it? Like "Oh yeah... I'm a beast.""

I only use my animal instincts if they are the right tool to use. Oh yeah.... I am a beast. (HEHE)

"Do you have a hard time seeing yourself? As in... self identity. Like there's a fog around who you are."

I can see some of me. I know me, but I don't understand me. Humans are fascinating creatures. I'm me, and I'm random.

"When you try to describe yourself, is it like writing draft after draft and throwing them into a waste basket, not quite sure how to phrase it?"

Yes, sometimes atleast, but that could just be my mind changing. Who knows? I normally just sum myself up as random.

"These are not random questions. I'm not going to place any personal value judgment on them, nor do I think there's anything abnormal about you. So please answer each one. I'm not having fun at your expense."

Never thought you were. :dry:

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bad Wolf,

You're 8w7.

For 8s the internal war is very normal.
We all have a hard time seeing ourselves, like its fog.

You have an assumed strength. It's not like WOW! Look at me, I'm strong. It's just the knowledge that you'll be able to face down any challenge thrown at you. I'm guessing you shun people and human needs. Just to prove you don't need them to survive.

There's also anger issues.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||||||||||||||||| 84%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 54%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||||||||||||||| 68%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 65%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||||| 55%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||| 38%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||| 20%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 64%

sp/so/sx

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Bad Wolf,

You're 8w7.

For 8s the internal war is very normal.
We all have a hard time seeing ourselves, like its fog.

You have an assumed strength. It's not like WOW! Look at me, I'm strong. It's just the knowledge that you'll be able to face down any challenge thrown at you. I'm guessing you shun people and human needs. Just to prove you don't need them to survive.

There's also anger issues.
Yes, I do "shun people and human needs.", and I've been none to have a semi angry issue. I hear ENTP 8w7 are rare, and some people believe "non-existence". Example: I told someone I was a 8w7 on a socionics forum and they said "If you're 8w7 then you're not ENTP, you're either ENTJ or ESTJ. You're most likely a 7w8" I, however, do follow (most not all of) 8's traits, but I'm ENTP. Possible, I believe so. I believe Alexander The Great was a ENTP 8w7, and probably George Carlin. Agree, or Disagree?:proud:

·
Registered
675 Posts
Type 1 Perfectionism |||||||||||||| 51%
Type 2 Helpfulness |||||| 25%
Type 3 Image Focus |||||||||||||| 57%
Type 4 Hypersensitivity |||| 20%
Type 5 Detachment |||||||||||||||| 67%
Type 6 Anxiety |||||||||||| 48%
Type 7 Adventurousness |||||||||||||||| 67%
Type 8 Aggressiveness |||||||||| 32%
Type 9 Calmness |||||||||||||||| 67%
I'm a Type 7 and my variant is sx/sp/so.

type score type behavior motivation
5 47 I must be knowledgeable and independent to be happy.
7 47 I must be high and entertained to be happy.
9 47 I must be peaceful and easy to get along with to be happy.
3 40 I must be impressive and attractive to be happy.
1 36 I must be perfect and good to be happy.
6 34 I must be secure and safe to be happy.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to be happy.
2 18 I must be helpful and caring to be happy.
4 14 I must avoid painful feelings to be happy.
Can someone explain this to me? What's the difference between this and an ISTP?

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Seven is normally given to Extroverts.:wink:

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.