Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't we just have a thread for ENTPs where we can come and talk about whatever's on our mind and have fellow ENTPs follow up and talk just as much to keep each other's thoughts going?

I don't know where I want to start and I don't know where I want to end.
I do however know that once I start, I'll find something that will guide me to a successful end.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If there is any movie I find to be completely anti-ENTP, it is "The Tree of Life". I watched it yesterday in the theater and was utterly bored. Don't let the fact that it has Brad Pitt and Sean Penn fool you. This movie is completely impressionistic with no actual plot and very minimal dialogue. Also there are some gaping holes of logic. I may have enjoyed it at least a little bit if I had any sense of Fi, but ultimately I need a good story with intelligent dialogue and a fast pace. "The Tree of Life" had none of the above.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If there is any movie I find to be completely anti-ENTP, it is "The Tree of Life". I watched it yesterday in the theater and was utterly bored. Don't let the fact that it has Brad Pitt and Sean Penn fool you. This movie is completely impressionistic with no actual plot and very minimal dialogue. Also there are some gaping holes of logic. I may have enjoyed it at least a little bit if I had any sense of Fi, but ultimately I need a good story with intelligent dialogue and a fast pace. "The Tree of Life" had none of the above.
Is this the one where the actor for wolverine (or at least looks like him) trips out at the end and turns into flowers or something cause he ate the tree goo?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Is this the one where the actor for wolverine (or at least looks like him) trips out at the end and turns into flowers or something cause he ate the tree goo?
No. It's about a family who's son dies. The whole movie is like a series of memories I think. The whole movie actually makes no sense and I still don't understand the point of it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Why did you watch the movie to begin with? Did you manage to read the reviews beforehand or was this something forced?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Why did you watch the movie to begin with? Did you manage to read the reviews beforehand or was this something forced?
Didn't read any reviews, ENFP cousin convinced me to go and he paid for my ticket. I paid for the soda.

Something I thought of while I was sitting in the theater was "Why does *everyone* get married in the first place. Wouldn't he world potentially be more efficient if everyone lived polygamously?" I wonder if there is any society on earth that lives in polygomy that I can study so I have an answer to that question.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't read any reviews, ENFP cousin convinced me to go and he paid for my ticket. I paid for the soda.

Something I thought of while I was sitting in the theater was "Why does *everyone* get married in the first place. Wouldn't he world potentially be more efficient if everyone lived polygamously?" I wonder if there is any society on earth that lives in polygomy that I can study so I have an answer to that question.
That would be so complicated. I mean, naturally that would cause more chaos and harm than it would good.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That would be so complicated. I mean, naturally that would cause more chaos and harm than it would good.
How? There would be less jealousy because people would be so used to the idea of multiple partners. The concept of suburbia might not exist since that is where monogamous families reside. Alternatively I think people would choose to live in smaller homes in denser areas, meaning cars wouldn't be such a necessity.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Polygamy is a taboo subject. I think that the majority of people in society.. American.. would disagree with it be it a man with many women or vice-versa. I briefly looked it up on Wiki and saw something about Senegal, group marriage, resources, and status symbol. I guess there are many complications that would arise out of polygamous relationships.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How? There would be less jealousy because people would be so used to the idea of multiple partners. The concept of suburbia might not exist since that is where monogamous families reside. Alternatively I think people would choose to live in smaller homes in denser areas, meaning cars wouldn't be such a necessity.
I can't imagine cars fading out no matter what kind of society.
I suppose you may be write about the jealousy thing. I mean, already society has developed it's own version of polygamy...
But so far from what I've observed, this does not create more complete people but rather more divided people.

@bloozie
It's not really taboo considering it's the way most Americans seem to live or try to live.

·
Registered
322 Posts
You're talking about disrupting social norms--Which I'm up for... I suppose this would lead to creating new systems and structures. But for something related to polygamy. Meh. I would consider myself neutral to such a thing, but somewhat err on the side of caution. Jealousy would be a main point to argue against polygamous relationships.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I can't imagine cars fading out no matter what kind of society.
I suppose you may be write about the jealousy thing. I mean, already society has developed it's own version of polygamy...
But so far from what I've observed, this does not create more complete people but rather more divided people.

@bloozie
It's not really taboo considering it's the way most Americans seem to live or try to live.
Not fading out but less required. People who live in downtown cores of cities usually tend to be single living in small apartments. They may or may not have a child living with them. Say everyone lived in a manner that they sleep with multiple partners, have children with multiple partners. The most logical place to live would be a smaller residence since there would be less people per household.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, there would always be jealous people but I don't think it would just be jealousy dividing this organization.
There would just be too many relationships developing that would pull people apart if you ask me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not fading out but less required. People who live in downtown cores of cities usually tend to be single living in small apartments. They may or may not have a child living with them. Say everyone lived in a manner that they sleep with multiple partners, have children with multiple partners. The most logical place to live would be a smaller residence since there would be less people per household.
Would all the kids and wives be okay with living so close to each other though?
Even if it was accepted, I still feel like there would be a lot of tension between families...

·
Registered
953 Posts
Would all the kids and wives be okay with living so close to each other though?
Even if it was accepted, I still feel like there would be a lot of tension between families...
I'd say it would be more ideal for perceivers than judgers. The societal-sexual-freedom would be nice. And why are you assuming that it would only be women raising the kids. Raising a kid can still be a combined effort between the two parents, just that each parent could potentially have multiple children with multiple partners. And say one of the fathers (or the mother) turns out to be a douche, this gives the mother other men to help out to substitute for the missing father.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Do you guys find it frustrating when a friend on facebook types a status up in their own native tongue, you know, crazy symbols and stuff?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Do you guys find it frustrating when a friend on facebook types a status up in their own native tongue, you know, crazy symbols and stuff?
Not frustrated, just annoyed. I have a ton of Koreans on facebook that I know from school and they always post they're statuses in Korean or terrible english.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts