Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
"Serial entrepreneurs are like women who suppress the recollection of labor in order to marshal the stamina to give birth again."...."No wonder when the adrenaline kicks in for the serial entrepreneur, the cortisol spikes for the spouse."

LMFAO Priceless.

That was a really good article. Even though i'm not yet a business owner or anything I completely related to the whole frame of mind in every single way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm actually a little bit depressed about my serial entreprenuerishness lately and would like to just have a set salary for change.... at least for a little bit... to take care of some of this debt and be able to buy some other things...

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Maybe it's my 6-wing talking, but I just don't get how people actually quit their day jobs and invest/risk everything for a new start-up.

98% of entrepreneurs fail. So my "businesses" are more like side hobbies than anything - no way would I quit my day job unless my business was guaranteed to succeed (or if I had a few years worth of money to live off of, after considering business expenses, etc.)

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Maybe it's my 6-wing talking, but I just don't get how people actually quit their day jobs and invest/risk everything for a new start-up.

98% of entrepreneurs fail. So my "businesses" are more like side hobbies than anything - no way would I quit my day job unless my business was guaranteed to succeed (or if I had a few years worth of money to live off of, after considering business expenses, etc.)
I've heard 50%, 60% and now 98%. Point is that that statistic is unreliable. Keep in mind most businesses fail due to poor planning. I started my business while in school. It's proving to be a challenge to focus on both school and the business at the same time, but I'm up to the challenge. It is definitely risky to quit your job if you're earning just enough to break even. I agree with you. That is why I recommend you start a business when you're young, because you've got nothing to lose. When you're older you risk losing your house and cars. When you're young you risk having to live with your parents for another year. That's it. When you're already unemployed anyways is another great time to start a business.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts

Because corporate america is a soul crushing grind where you are surrounded by innumerable people who pretend to like you while secretly hating your guts.

Reactions: Ray Mabry

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Because corporate america is a soul crushing grind where you are surrounded by innumerable people who pretend to like you while secretly hating your guts.
Well, yeah. But rent still needs to be paid, lol. That's life.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts