Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi there.

I'm a 22 year old INTj from the Netherlands. My life was pretty bland and felt pretty predetermined up until the end of high school where I stumbled on a self development book. Finding out that I am in charge of my destiny changed my life in a fundamental way. Besides having a job as a cleaner (which was awful and I had problems with authority all the time) I ended up reading more stuff on self development and took a course on NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming). I believe I developed my Ti fairly well which helps me avoid typical pitfalls for INTjs.

Then I met some young copywriter who made me believe it was possible to become financially successful without formal education. I ended up learning about internet marketing and now I'm making some money with it, but it's still a very modest amount at this point:crazy:.

I also met my ISFp girlfriend online who lives in Canada over a year ago. She's interested in everything I'm interested in and she also makes money online. Currently she's doing the NLP practitioner course.

Little description of me

I am highly curious about things that help me understand the world and people better and I'm always trying to improve myself. It's also important to me that my views about anything are consistent with what I believe as a whole. I don't take things at face value and instead always try to find patterns behind things and then look at things from different perspectives to make sure my observations and conclusions are accurate. I don't ask why I ask how and I always try to find the most constructive solution to an obstacle.

I am an atheist (as my user name reveals) and I don't believe in any universal purpose. However for a more 'personal' purpose and for the sake of having a life that feels fulfilling to me I find my answers to this goal in teachings about spirituality. Also believing that things just 'are' fits well with both naturalism and spirituality. Finally, As you can see I tend to be serious but I can be silly at times as well. Furthermore I'm down to earth and always interested in hearing other people's perspectives.

Some specifics:

Interests: Psychology, NLP, human nature, sex and relationships, evolution theory, spirituality, science, SEO, MBTI (duh), various anime, various video games, fiction, drinking a beer with good friends

Favorite books: Anything David Deida, Mind OS, Forbidden Keys To Persuasion, 4 Hour Workweek, Magic the Gathering books (fictional main character is such an INTj)

Favorite music: Rock, Psychedelic Trance, Ambient

Favorite food: French bread with gyros, mozarella, lettuce, tomato and garlic sauce

·
Mr. CafeBot
13,103 Posts
Welcome to PersonalityCafe!

*You are hearing a robotic sounding voice coming towards you*

Greetings Naturalist and welcome to PersonalityCafe!! My name is Mr. CafeBot. I am here to personally greet you and thank you for joining our humble little forum. No matter your type, you will surely experience a wonderful time with the members of this forum. We cater to all personality types so you will never feel alone or weird. Truth is this forum is full of weirdos!! Pleazeee hel.... *Ahem*I mean we have the nicest people you will ever meet. :)

If you need basic forum information our newbie guide link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/intro/2319-friendly-guide-newbies.html

To keep the forum entertaining and safe, our forum rules link is here...
http://personalitycafe.com/announcements/540-personality-cafe-forum-rules.html

We have a facebook style chat that you can enable throughout the site... Just read on how to enable it here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/13046-personality-cafe-facebook-style-chat.html

If you need any help or have any suggestions, please let us know here...
http://personalitycafe.com/support-suggestions/

We will always be glad to help you!

Also don't forget to watch my music video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGFOuSaYN1w

Again, welcome to our forum Naturalist. We hope that your experience with us is tremendously benevolent!

P.S.

Please tip me 1 gold. I need to buy more coffee! @[email protected]

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Welcome!:happy:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Greetings and welcome!

I admire the fact that you've gone ahead and taken charge of your life through self-education and work. Neuro-Linguistic Programming sounds intriguing.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Nice to meet a fellow Dutch INTJ ;)

One thing: are you a socionics INTj or a Myers-Briggs INTJ? Makes a huge difference...

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
cats! :proud:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for the warm welcome :happy:.

@ Filo: That's a VERY good question. Any description I have read on the INTj fits me very well and also the few tests I did resulted in me being an INTj so I never bothered to pay much attention to the difference between MBTI and Socionics.

When I go to wikisocionDOTorg and read the description of the LII (INTj) then the description fits my personality sentence by sentence. On the contrary the INTp description fits very well with a good friend of mine. Also when reading the article 'INTj or INTp' on socionics I come to the conclusion that my psyche works as that of an INTj.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah after reading more into it I did start to see that more today. But yeah I'm pretty sure I'm a Socionics INTj.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Selection here is on MBTI type, so maybe you should test that. INTJs and INTPs often don't go together too well. Them being in the wrong forum is a never-ending source of flames and laughs :tongue:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
According to Socionics an INTj could be either a INTP or INTJ. I actually do see some traits of my personality in both the MBTI INTP and INTJ though I am a lot more certain that I'm a Socionics INTj. I guess I'll do a pure MBTI test sometime in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts