Personality Cafe banner

81 - 100 of 198 Posts

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
How did you do that?
If you don't think that I am esfp, what personality type would you suggest for me?
Keep in mind that people of all personality types have disabilities.
haha yes as explained earlier I thought you were a different gardengnome from the forum and thought you were pretending to be an ESFP for Halloween and it was just a joke. Seems like I had myself fooled and only I understood what was going on... which is probably kind of normal for me.

I edited it with paint :D

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,501 Posts
That was super cool!
Really I loved looking at it, even if I didn't agree with it.
No, I was just disguised as a horrifying ghoul for Halloween. Under the "change your name" thread in support and suggestions, there was the opportunity to change your user name temporarily for Halloween. I thought that would be a fun thing to do, so I went for it, and I impulsively chose garden ghoul because I thought that it was scream worthy in a Halloweenish sort of way.
I went back to Garden Gnome after Halloween.
I have plans for a Christmas name but that will be secret for now, lol.

haha yes as explained earlier I thought you were a different gardengnome from the forum and thought you were pretending to be an ESFP for Halloween and it was just a joke. Seems like I had myself fooled and only I understood what was going on... which is probably kind of normal for me.

I edited it with paint :D

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
AHHHH YESS! Roommates are gone! Free day off! TIME TO BLAST SOME MUSIC.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@Memory Of Talon Are there really that many dings all at once or is that a slight exaggeration? xD Typically I prefer it because it shows active conversation and has a nicer flow... plus you don't have to wait forever while someone types. Also I would get rid of my sound. I'd describe sporadic differently... like different bouts of conversation at different times with no rhyme or rhythm.

Oh btw, the only time I hate msgs like that is in texts and maybe What's App 'cause I don't see them as conversational things/apps/devices/ways. lol dunno what word.

What I mean is if I'm on Skype it's because I'm there to chat to people so I'd prefer messages like the example you gave. If it's to do with the phone I don't want frequent msgs, I'd want it condensed or long and all typed out because like I said before, I like my alone time. xD

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts

The top portion is another friend who i decided to gage, and the second is my sister just in our normal interaction which caused me to wonder in the first place.

@Memory Of Talon Are there really that many dings all at once or is that a slight exaggeration?
In no earthly way do I believe she is exaggerating . It doesn't happen all the time but it happens frequently.

Its a good thing to ask for me though because I need to be able to come off clearly and concisely . I guess you forcing me to stick to this medium with our own conversation is a good thing because I can type in paragraphs and probably should do it more often if I want to continue to grow as an individual. Not everyone can handle that kind of thing. It also gives me a chance to review the information to make sure it makes sense to me. I guess I just need to open up notepad++ and start writing and editing.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@Memory Of TalonI think another factor is readability... say if you're msging on a phone and you're sending a lot of short msgs at once, it's harder to scroll through them. Or if you want to reference a particular thing you have to scroll back again to check.

When I'm writing something on this forum I will write something briefly that addresses the main points and then I'll hit post quick reply... but I know I'm probably going to have to go back and edit more info into it. I just have this urge to send it quickly! So yeah, I'm not really the type that tries to get everything 100% right before I send something. xD I think that would annoy me too much. Too much Te. :p

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of TalonI think another factor is readability... say if you're msging on a phone and you're sending a lot of short msgs at once, it's harder to scroll through them. Or if you want to reference a particular thing you have to scroll back again to check.

When I'm writing something on this forum I will write something briefly that addresses the main points and then I'll hit post quick reply... but I know I'm probably going to have to go back and edit more info into it. I just have this urge to send it quickly! So yeah, I'm not really the type that tries to get everything 100% right before I send something. xD I think that would annoy me too much. Too much Te. :p
I will say that luckily I am not so aggressive with text messages because I also see it as a short messaging system and nothing like real time interaction. I see it more like small email. I tend to write longer paragraphs in text because I am aware of the picking up and putting down of the phone. This chat stream of conciousness happens more frequently through chat programs like skype, but guess what! I have to use skype at work to talk to my co-workers too, so its best I learn.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of TalonOhh I see. How do your co-workers usually reply/type? What's their style?

I tend to adapt to the person I'm talking to, but if they are a willing participant in the stream then i continue that way. A few individuals who are able to participate in it are a confirmed ENFP and ESFJ and ENFJ from work who knew about MBTI beforehand. With these guys its easy to maintain because its almost like a good balance of stream of thought.

The INTP doesn't like it at all and I can tell because she simply never responds to me, and only messages me on skype when she needs something work related. So I tend to go bother her face to face.

the ISTJ tends to also respond in one liners but she doesn't say as MUCH as I do. I'd say she responds in short 3 burst rounds while I go full automatic.

The co-workers that don't have themselves typed are a mixed bag. One person only responds in paragraphs, so once I realized that pattern I started to try to respond in the same way.

There is one ESFP at work and we use skype as a means of "Hey are you busy, lets go talk outside"

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of Talon
I wonder if that's an ISFJ. :p
haha I don't know! I haven't any close ISFJ friends but those I do find in the wild I really like but only have talks with them face to face typically. What makes you think that's an ISFJ trait?

I've actually never visited that subforum ;X

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@Memory Of Talon If you visited that sub-forum you'd know when you see another ISFJ type. They type in a very particularly nice, gentle and fluid way.

Anyway I thought perhaps that person was an ISFJ because I figure they'd like to carefully gather their thoughts before they say something.

If not, maybe an INFJ. xD < random hunch

Oh no, typing sub-forum made me want to eat a sub.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of Talon If you visited that sub-forum you'd know when you see another ISFJ type. They type in a very particularly nice, gentle and fluid way.

Anyway I thought perhaps that person was an ISFJ because I figure they'd like to carefully gather their thoughts before they say something.

If not, maybe an INFJ. xD < random hunch

Oh no, typing sub-forum made me want to eat a sub.
hehe I think you just really like food. That's why we're such good forum acquaintances =P Oh Oh speaking of sub sandwiches I got a new idea for a dish today. My roommate really loves vietnamese bahn mi sandwiches (this is a redundant phrase because Bahn Mi means sandwich in vietnamese) and when he went to our favorite sandwich place he told me that they were out of french bread and offered him a bahn mi on a croissant! When he told me about it, it blew my mind as I started to put together the flavors of my favorite bahn mi plus the flavor of croissants.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@Memory Of Talon
So I had to look it up because I had trouble wrapping myself around the idea of a croissant with bahn mi ingredients (I just love the bread too much xD) and I came across this

:drooling: Mushroom and chicken liver pate

As for the bahn mi croissant I'd have to try it to change my mind! :laughing:

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of Talon
So I had to look it up because I had trouble wrapping myself around the idea of a croissant with bahn mi ingredients (I just love the bread too much xD) and I came across this

:drooling: Mushroom and chicken liver pate

As for the bahn mi croissant I'd have to try it to change my mind! :laughing:
Oh man that looks so good. Add an over medium egg to that.

Yeah I have no idea how it actually tastes but I do have each of the individual component tastes in my head and I think it would be awesome. You seem to know a lot bout some asian food. What are your favorite dishes?

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
@Memory Of Talon That would be wonderful. :joyous:

Beef brisket noodle soup, sambal ikan goreng (fried fish with sambal), bak kut teh (pork in herbal soup - I usually have it with other meat), beef rendang, nasi lamek, tahu goreng (fried tofu with peanut sauce), Hainanese chicken rice, and chicken satay with peanut sauce if you consider that a dish. :laughing:

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
@Memory Of Talon That would be wonderful. :joyous:

Beef brisket noodle soup, sambal ikan goreng (fried fish with sambal), bak kut teh (pork in herbal soup - I usually have it with other meat), beef rendang, nasi lamek, tahu goreng (fried tofu with peanut sauce), Hainanese chicken rice, and chicken satay with peanut sauce if you consider that a dish. :laughing:
Sorry its been awhile. I got distracted by an existential malaise.. and mafia. darn you @darcstar3 =P

So much food that I haven't tried before! I'll have to start to try these slowly over time. If there's one thing I know is to trust an Si doms taste in food =D

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
Actual vent

Oh man.. I feel so sick. It was definitely my fault. I'm so sorry

81 - 100 of 198 Posts