Personality Cafe banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
Food in here looks great!

This is really just a thread to talk to @Candy Apple now.

So I was talking to my ENTP musician roommate on this subject today and brought up pieces of this conversation up to him and asked him if he thought I showed off in anyway and he pointed out something to me that I hadn't thought about before. I don't do any performing arts or anything like that but one thing I do is cook. It's quite a passion of mine and one thing I would love to do one day is open a restaurant and I think constantly about new recipes and new combinations of ingredients and watching a lot of videos and reading about cooking. He compared what I do when I'm cooking and especially when entertaining big group of friends with dinner is akin to what he he would call a performance.

If I think about it in this way then the answer is YES... I'm totally showing off here. I'm hamming it up to an extreme. The thing is though I don't really mind if there are some people who aren't impressed as I am performing for myself and I'm the hardest on myself. If something tastes wrong I know it does but most people don't know at all! So if he's anything like me then I don't think he really needs YOU in particular to enjoy the show.

Personally I want people to criticize my food. In fact my ISTJ male friends are the BEST for me in this situation because I know I can get an honest answer.

I HATE when I think people are just being nice. I just think "If its bad please stop eating". My feelings aren't that easily hurt in this subject.

Anyways, question for you. Do you feel like you have to hold back about your opinion to be nice? Like I wonder if my ISTJ friends are just being nice? Usually they're the only ones who give me input such as "Oh this was a little salty, but good" that I can work with.

Watch me show off now

Homemade apple pie with icecream covered in caramel: Caramel sauce made from scratch. Icecream storebought - but I can make it.

German pretzels - comes with a cheese dipping sauce

Teriyaki Beef Jerkey

Cinnamon rolls

Dutch baby

Thanksgiving dinner- made all the food :D <3 favorite holiday.

yes.. I know.. I'm fat and make people fat.

Uh oh... my ESFP carelessness... I had to repaint the entire kitchen. *sigh..

@Dora you hungry?

Pho- I've been working on this recipe for 6 years now-

college

1 year ago

This year

Might I cook you a virtual dinner dear mooni? I promise I wont set anything on fire... or you know.. not very many things.

*disclaimer I might set everything on fire.

Reactions: Moonious

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
You cooked all that? Looks amazing.

And how'd you set your kitchen on fire :laughing:
:rolleyes: uhhh I forgot what I was cooking but what I remember is that I heated my largest cast iron pan with some oil in it and then stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. I didn't realize how fast the pan would heat up and when I came back inside the pan was in full flames. I had to think fast and took another cast iron pan and placed it on top to smother the fire.

The lady of the house was not happy :exterminate:

·
I love my everything
10,919 Posts
:rolleyes: uhhh I forgot what I was cooking but what I remember is that I heated my largest cast iron pan with some oil in it and then stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. I didn't realize how fast the pan would heat up and when I came back inside the pan was in full flames. I had to think fast and took another cast iron pan and placed it on top to smother the fire.

The lady of the house was not happy :exterminate:
Oh my god. That's hilarious :laughing:

I set of the fire alarm of my apartment yesterday, but the food was still delicious. :happy: :unsure:

·
With Extra Stretch Power
8,202 Posts
I feel like I summoned here. I see nothing. I'd say I'm disappointed, but when it's narci, I'm used to that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm gonna be real frank and say that I've been having the worst gas all day and it keeps getting trapped under my covers so every time I move I get another nasty whiff. It's so bad. Also, I'm setting up a dungeons and dragons character for this week end and I'm at a mental block. I need my INTJ dad to come over and help me be creative with my character. I just don't know what I want. I could be more like me but be a male character so I can be the cool, charming, charismatic, manipulative thief that I secretly aspired to be as a child, or I could forget all aspects of my own personality because I find myself boring and I don't want anything to do with myself. Is DND about creating a fantasy world where you can become someone else or is it more like if you were in that fantasy world? Beh. Furthermore, who ever said ESFPs couldn't play DND? Or video games? Or go on the internet in every moment of their free time? I'm just a dopamine junky and a nerd. But I also happen to be annoyingly loud and social. But, I never plan anything with my friends because I'm too lazy, so I just let my ISTJ friend do it and I come along for the ride and talk her ear off. Ugh, I'm so sick of MBTI stereotypes. I think everyone is. It messes with my head. Oh well. Hey, I guess I'm pretty good at this venting thing. Going on a long, intertwining train of thought is my forte. I'm gonna go watch Gilmore Girls.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
I'm gonna be real frank and say that I've been having the worst gas all day and it keeps getting trapped under my covers so every time I move I get another nasty whiff. It's so bad. Also, I'm setting up a dungeons and dragons character for this week end and I'm at a mental block. I need my INTJ dad to come over and help me be creative with my character. I just don't know what I want. I could be more like me but be a male character so I can be the cool, charming, charismatic, manipulative thief that I secretly aspired to be as a child, or I could forget all aspects of my own personality because I find myself boring and I don't want anything to do with myself. Is DND about creating a fantasy world where you can become someone else or is it more like if you were in that fantasy world? Beh. Furthermore, who ever said ESFPs couldn't play DND? Or video games? Or go on the internet in every moment of their free time? I'm just a dopamine junky and a nerd. But I also happen to be annoyingly loud and social. But, I never plan anything with my friends because I'm too lazy, so I just let my ISTJ friend do it and I come along for the ride and talk her ear off. Ugh, I'm so sick of MBTI stereotypes. I think everyone is. It messes with my head. Oh well. Hey, I guess I'm pretty good at this venting thing. Going on a long, intertwining train of thought is my forte. I'm gonna go watch Gilmore Girls.
Hey bruv! or sister. I play DND aswell.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
I have no idea why.. but lately...

Whenever I'm writing on some peoples visitor wall on the forum I will sometimes hear a british accent while I type.. but when I talk to myself its completely different.

Like right now as I type this I hear my American English accent...

Fucking Weird.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,535 Posts
Hey ESFJ with a small announcement...

I'd like to thank my friend Memory Of Talon for all his help and support. I love you, man.
Thanks.

I now play the song of our people for everyone to hear. The lyrics to this song may be too complex for people to understand as it is of the latest American flavor of "trap" music. But basically it means that you and I are the chill as fuck (except when we play mafia. Then people better watch out). I got your back dawg (unless you're scum). Because you are my..

... I can't stand how much I actually like this song. *shrug

101 - 120 of 198 Posts