Personality Cafe banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if I'm not actually an ENTJ living an ESFP life because it's easier and a more efficient way to just live in leisure and comfort. RL Te is seriously out of the wazoo these days.
Then I remember all of the self doubt I have and think 'nah, probably not'.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sometimes, just sometimes, I wonder if I'm not actually an ENTJ living an ESFP life because it's easier and a more efficient way to just live in leisure and comfort. RL Te is seriously out of the wazoo these days.
nah, you good fam

Know what I did today? I organized my room AND wrote my thoughts down in a journal! Two things I would never do!

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
I actually thought I was half xNTJ for a while (leaning more towards E). Then I found out I'm just a 5w4. XD

You are not alone in wondering if you're a mistyped ENTJ though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I actually thought I was half xNTJ for a while (leaning more towards E). Then I found out I'm just a 5w4. XD

You are not alone in wondering if you're a mistyped ENTJ though.
Well, the reason why I think I might be an ENTJ is based solely on my internal feelings (not Fi, but really just how I feel).
When I take charge in any given situation I feel like I'm supposed to be 'there'. Getting shit done is also one of my strongest suits, as long as there's also something worthwhile in it for me.

The thing is, I thrive on incentive and incentive alone, (a positive feelings or appreciation from a friend could be incentive enough).
When I'm at my best I'm confident and straight forward, I have no problem taking charge in conversations and steering them in ways I want to, and I'll have little trouble convincing others of the 'truth' in my opinions and convictions through charisma and force of personality (and a healthy dose of rationalism). I'm not always as critical as an ENTJ would be I think, though I don't have much reference material to go around.
ENTJ's are also often described as highly ambitious folk. I, on the other hand, already have pretty much everything I want or need out of life, but I do like to start new projects and bring them to completion, unless I get bored or think I've already proved myself enough to know I could have done it anyway (I usually give the project to someone else, or if there's no other incentive in it for me, drop the project altogether).
I don't always plan, since I hate being constricted in day to day life, but whenever I start a project I'll plan the shit out of it. I'll also have a few contingency frameworks which I can flesh out when something goes awry.
As how most ENTJ's are described, I don't have much fears of anything, except heights (or rather, falling) and loud noises (since everyone is biologically rigged to do a 'shocked' reaction to loud noises). Other than that, not much will get me anxious.

At my 'worst', I become panicky and quick to act without thinking, I'll start to point fingers at what/who I think has wronged me and I'll often forget my own actions that have let to that happening.
I'll jump to conclusions, lose my patience, ignore the emotional needs and feelings of others and I'll find it hard to listen to basically anybody, also avoiding all forms of small talk.
I'll strongly doubt myself (which I actually view as healthy thing in some way) but I'll also doubt other people's opinions and attitudes when they don't match my own.
While I'm 'normally' not as emotional, I'll become overly emotional under 'heavy' stress, I'll feel trapped and I may explode in terrible temper tantrums.
I'll also hate being contested (or even test myself) out some sort of fear of being wrong or generally failing in any way.
I'm also pretty awkward when it comes to expressing genuine affection and I don't give out compliments easily (I hate promoting mediocrity).
When I do form ambitions, I generally set the bar way too high and I'll be very critical towards anyone participating in a project (including myself) when the delivered efforts are not up to par, though I'll have trouble expressing it.

So I still think I might be an ENTJ, but then I'd be a reaaaaaaally lazy one with limited ambitions and more empathy than is usually expected of one. Oh well, maybe it's not all that important.

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
I've never wondered if I was an ENTJ or any kind of NT because my thinking functions are so nonfunctional. My Si is also dormant. Sad, but true. Mostly I wonder if I'm an ENFJ or an ENFP or an ISFP. I'd gladly give away some of this Fi. I have more Fe than I should have as an ESFP. If you take some of my Fi, I'll throw in Fe free of charge. Usually, there is a fee for Fe. Today only. The deal has a shelf life.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've never wondered if I was an ENTJ or any kind of NT because my thinking functions are so nonfunctional. My Si is also dormant. Sad, but true. Mostly I wonder if I'm an ENFJ or an ENFP or an ISFP. I'd gladly give away some of this Fi. I have more Fe than I should have as an ESFP. If you take some of my Fi, I'll throw in Fe free of charge. Usually, there is a fee for Fe. Today only. The deal has a shelf life.
Well, I couldn't do with 'more' Fi, rather I'd like to be able to handle it 'better'. Got any deals on that for me, I'd happily relieve you of that Fe as well then. ;)
I'll pay in *thanks*, I've already made a down payment of one to keep the deal fresh, let me know how interested you are and we'll figure something out that's beneficial for both ends.

Reactions: Glenda Gnome Starr

·
Registered
9,774 Posts
Sorry good on Fi/Fe but looks like you got a offer on that. I'll take some Se if your offering though ^^

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Sorry good on Fi/Fe but looks like you got a offer on that. I'll take some Se if your offering though ^^
Sure, help yourself. I have an abundance. :penguin:

Reactions: Azure Dreamer

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Well, I couldn't do with 'more' Fi, rather I'd like to be able to handle it 'better'. Got any deals on that for me, I'd happily relieve you of that Fe as well then. ;)
I'll pay in *thanks*, I've already made a down payment of one to keep the deal fresh, let me know how interested you are and we'll figure something out that's beneficial for both ends.
There's a bag of Fe ready for you. If you have either Ti or Te to spare, the barter system works as well.
As for handing the Fi, um... How about Fi obedience school? I'm going to sign up and there is a good two for one deal going on. You are welcome to join me.

·
The spirit of the spirits
11,028 Posts
That POS computer ran UT2004 at glorious 480p and unstable frame rate of 10-50 FPS. Overall playable and so dang nostalgic. I tried to run Cinebench R15 and it scored whopping 60 points in multi thread test. Later thermal throttled way down to 30 points. Anyway my project was computer in drawer and well... Drawer is heated properly. lol

·
11,028 Posts
That horrible moment, when you realize, that you PC's graphics chip is as fast as Nvidia Riva TNT 2, yet has almost 4 times higher clock speed. Well at least it's enough for UT2004 at minimal settings and UT99 GOTY at lowest settings.

Well the CPU is as fast as AMD Sempron 150, but this one has 2 cores. Speed is equal to Intel Pentium 4 HT 670, which is from 2005. POS computer gets it's definition from real stuff.

And now it's specs will be revealed:
AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile TL-60 dual core CPU runs at 2GHz
2x2gb sodimm DDR2 ram
120gb Intel 540s SSD drive
Nvidia GeForce Go 6150 (integrated graphics)
Quanta 30B7 motherboard (Socket S1)
Windows 8.1 64 bit (pirated)
Rest of this computer are working parts left from HP DV6000
My desk's drawers serves as it's case (opened a bit for heat reduction)
My Samsung S22C300 serves as monitor
Battery is dead

And it''s almost maxed out now (rare and expensive CPU wasn't found and wouldn't be worth it). It had at first:
AMD Sempron mobile 3400+ single core CPU ran at 2GHz
1gb sodimm DDR2 ram
80gb HDD which ran at 5400rpm
Windows XP Professional 32 bit
In HP DV6000 casing
Battery is dead

It's a huge upgrade from stock, but overall it's still shit. Plus integrated GPU is kinda dying or overheating. Anyway I like this Frankenstein. It serves good enough for net and for retro games (considering what Windows 8.1 lets to run). It's fun to have second PC to mess with and appreciate it's slowness. At least this PC handles Youtube at 480p. It's best achievement is handling Chrome with 12 tabs (I didn't test more). Anyway this thing doesn't handle Windows at more than 1080p. It starts to artifact then badly and many horizontal lines starts to shake. I dunno why that happens. Anyway my project of having PC in desk's drawer is finished and that's good.

·
Registered
120 Posts
That horrible moment, when you realize, that you PC's graphics chip is as fast as Nvidia Riva TNT 2, yet has almost 4 times higher clock speed. Well at least it's enough for UT2004 at minimal settings and UT99 GOTY at lowest settings.

Well the CPU is as fast as AMD Sempron 150, but this one has 2 cores. Speed is equal to Intel Pentium 4 HT 670, which is from 2005. POS computer gets it's definition from real stuff.

And now it's specs will be revealed:
AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile TL-60 dual core CPU runs at 2GHz
2x2gb sodimm DDR2 ram
120gb Intel 540s SSD drive
Quanta 30B7 motherboard (Socket S1)
Windows 8.1 64 bit (pirated)
Rest of this computer are working parts left from HP DV6000
My desk's drawers serves as it's case (opened a bit for heat reduction)
My Samsung S22C300 serves as monitor
Battery is dead

And it''s almost maxed out now (rare and expensive CPU wasn't found and wouldn't be worth it). It had at first:
AMD Sempron mobile 3400+ single core CPU ran at 2GHz
1gb sodimm DDR2 ram
80gb HDD which ran at 5400rpm
Windows XP Professional 32 bit
In HP DV6000 casing
Battery is dead

It's a huge upgrade from stock, but overall it's still shit. Plus integrated GPU is kinda dying or overheating. Anyway I like this Frankenstein. It serves good enough for net and for retro games (considering what Windows 8.1 lets to run). It's fun to have second PC to mess with and appreciate it's slowness. At least this PC handles Youtube at 480p. It's best achievement is handling Chrome with 12 tabs (I didn't test more). Anyway this thing doesn't handle Windows at more than 1080p. It starts to artifact then badly and many horizontal lines starts to shake. I dunno why that happens. Anyway my project of having PC in desk's drawer is finished and that's good.
Im upgrading to the new Intel gen (Kaby Lake?) and by the way, the new AMD stuff is actually pretty solid.

·
11,028 Posts
Im upgrading to the new Intel gen (Kaby Lake?) and by the way, the new AMD stuff is actually pretty solid.
My post was mostly sarcastic to laugh at how bad my hardware is. Anyway, right now I actually see no reason to buy Intel CPUs at all. New Ryzen CPUs offer more performance, lower power usage at lower price (depends on where you live). Buying Intel CPUs seems to be just stupid now, unless you already have Intel motherboard, but even then it's not the most effective upgrade. BTW can you tell what your hardware is? and what you wanna achieve? it would be interesting to know and maybe advise something.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I need insight. I will try to be as brief as possible.
Me: 36, INFJ - living in Georgia looking for a job to move to Colorado, longest relationship was 5 months, which ended December last year.
Him: 41, ESFP - living in Colorado, job, has his shit together. divorced 6 years ago, was with the woman 9 years, married 1.5.

We met via Bumble while I was out there visiting 3 months ago and we were just chatting as friends with suggestions of where to go, we hadn't met face to face. When i left, we continued to talk and talk, and talk. It started to become romantic but we needed to actually meet, he flew to Georgia for a weekend and we hit it off. Instant chemistry. I planned a great weekend which he loved. He opened up about some personal stuff, as did i, We slept together. He gave me an old shirt of his to have with his smell. We decided to be exclusive and try this since i was planning to move to Colorado.

So, He decided to get busy with work to help make time go faster before i visited a month later. we talked everyday, it was a bit routine but we still were happy to talk. Id send sexy pictures when i knew he was stressed and he loved it.
my visit (this past weekend) went great, despite a handful distractions, he had some work interruptions (which he intended to have finished before i got there) then including his work computer wasn't connecting, so he was a bit stressed about figuring that out, some of his plans he made didn't turn out to be what expected (hiking trail he researched was closed, hotel room wasn't what he hoped, shower didn't have hot water) there was some drama with friends that were moving and instead of us hanging out we were helping move. he was stressed. he dropped $400 for dinner one night, we ate well, drank well and were intimate. I also met his friends of 20+ years and we all got along great, they said we looked great together, had great chemistry, i passed the friend test, yada yada. so, we were still making the best of it and having a good time. i was a bit withdrawn, you know, introvert and all, giving him space with work stuff and meeting all these important people, his stress was noticed tho, and i was hoping for some talk about how we felt on this visit but we didn't. side note: i did notice that he had a bottle of the same shampoo i use in his shower (he doesn't have much hair), he is big on smells... the morning i left we were intimate, on the drive he even made suggestions for next time i was there...met another friend for lunch and talked about how we met and caught up with her.

Evening after i get back, he called like normal (he had texted a bit earlier that day) and said he wanted to end it. Blindsided i was in shock and was so upset and hurt. He said that he felt like his romantic feelings were fading these past couple weeks. I don't understand. How could he be all sweet, touchy, intimate and everything all weekend and say that? he said everything that he did this weekend was real and genuine. I was upset. he said that he had a great time with me this weekend but it he felt like i was more like a friend. said we share the same love for adventure, laugh together and we have great communication..im honest, loyal and sincere and he respects that. He said that finding a partner is important and if he isn't sure, he doesn't want to waste time. said that he still wants to talk, keep in touch and be friends especially when i get to colorado.

I'm so sad. Is there any hope? at this point, Im not going to reach out to him, which is so hard, its been 3 months of constant communication with a man i have fallen in love with and has become one i consider a close friend...long distance definitely sucks and i feel like he has a lot of stressors right now and with the weekend not being perfect it caused more stress. in the back of my mind i hope that it would rekindle after i move out there, but maybe I'm just a hopeless romantic. I told him that i was a bit embarrassed after just meeting his friends and now it ends and he interrupted me telling me that they loved me and to look at it i have gained more friends in colorado when i move there. ughhh

if you read all of this. I really appreciate it. I have never dated a man like him, and i don't want to let him go. looking for a perspective from a ESFP male...

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,502 Posts
Every now and then, I get bored with having the same personality type all the time so I do another questionnaire. Nothing changes, especially not my personality type. I can't even fake being a different personality type. How did my acting skills fail me so completely? Sigh.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I have been going through a very stressful chronic illness and its been making me doubt my personality type...brought a lot of inferior Ni out and lots of anxiety and not acting like myself. Being cooped up in a small apartment and going through grad school also adds to the stress. I just want someone to take me out. Somewhere fun! A new sight to see. But I am surrounded by introverts who just love to stay home and do the same things everyday. Help...

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
I have been going through a very stressful chronic illness and its been making me doubt my personality type...brought a lot of inferior Ni out and lots of anxiety and not acting like myself. Being cooped up in a small apartment and going through grad school also adds to the stress. I just want someone to take me out. Somewhere fun! A new sight to see. But I am surrounded by introverts who just love to stay home and do the same things everyday. Help...
Meetup.com

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Sometimes i think I'm really an esfp because I'm too sexual i guess and part of me has esfpness. XD

Like i cannot see a sexual entp? Is there one?? Lolololol xD

I have multiple personality disorder actually. XD

And sometimes it's good to activate my Se. I don't know..

I never thought people would see me as an Entp either. Though i can relate to entp woman very well. But it's like

I'm half esfp + half entp.

XD

I'm not really that fully nerd
Nor fully whore.

But i also give signs or i don't know..

My mood changes a lot. XD

Sometimes i just activate my Ti, and well I'm good.

Ti calms me down for sure.

But Fi makes me close to people. XD

Because being Ti makes me harsh. XD

Right now, I'm just using my Ti at work. Because using Ti during outside work ain't good i guess. i don't know!! XD

But today I'm happy

Happy

Happy

Happy

161 - 180 of 208 Posts