Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ESTJs get along well with ENFJs? Do you usually like ENFJs?
I've only met one ESTJ and I had a really hard time understanding her. I really like ESTJs' honesty, since it's something I very much value in any kind of relationship, but she seemed a bit insensitive at times, and thought she was always right. She was also very aggressive whenever I didn't agree with her.
I don't know other ESTJs so I'm not judging or making generalizations. I'd like to get your points of view.
Thanks to all of you who will take the time to answer. :happy:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
I have 2-3 ENFJ friends and I get along well with them. Though we're not best friends, but I love the way we interact when we have fun together. They aren't always easy to contact with, they seems always busy, but they've helped me in many difficult days.

Things that I dislike is I feel uncomfortable to show the real me in front of them. I feel like I'm walking on an eggshell around them. I can't freely use my Te because they will get hurt by my words, even when I didn't mean to.

I think ESTJ and ENFJ could get along well as friends, but I doubt I can have any romantic relationship with them, since I don't feel strong connection more than friendship towards them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dynamic Opposites

ESTJs and ENFJs are dynamic opposite codes - they are sources of "stress" for one another. If you know anything about whole type codes, all the natural behaviors of one are the unnatural behaviors of the other. While these two connecting may be difficult, it will end up being one of the most growth-filled relationships you will ever have if you are open to communication with one another. The differences between the two personalities will cause growth, again, if there is open communication. Otherwise, each will have a very hard time understanding the motives of the other.

My coworker and now, one of my best friends, is an ESTJ and I am an ENFJ. At first, it was difficult for me to handle some of her directness and aggressivenss. However, after going through some difficulties together it changed our communication and we developed a very close bond. She's like my sister and I think we learn something from each other every day! We run things past each other all of the time because we genuinely provide the perspective on an issue that the other is missing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an older thread. But I had to throw my 2 cents in :) I'm an ENFJ and my boyfriend is an ESTJ. We have been pretty serious for just over 6 months now. And I'm loving it. Yes he is direct and straight forward and yes...sometimes he makes me cry with how he says things...but I love his approach to life. I love how he always says what he thinks. If he really likes something, he'll let you know and on the other hand...if he really hates something, he lets you know then too. But I like it. He would do anything for his friends and loved ones if they needed help, he is so dependable. And he loves how affectionate, nurturing and encouraging I am. I think it's great to be able to work through our personality differences, cause you end up with something beautiful when you can love and accept someone else :) We just have to take the time to try and understand them.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
They're my favorite NFs. :) They're such genuinely positive people, but then it quickly gets to the point where I've had enough and I'm like...back off pls. Let me do whatever I was trying to do, k? Thx.

·
Registered
44 Posts
*creepily wonders in to an old post to express her feelings about her IRL OTP*

Do you ESTJs get along well with ENFJs? Do you usually like ENFJs?
I've only met one ESTJ and I had a really hard time understanding her. I really like ESTJs' honesty, since it's something I very much value in any kind of relationship, but she seemed a bit insensitive at times, and thought she was always right. She was also very aggressive whenever I didn't agree with her.
I don't know other ESTJs so I'm not judging or making generalizations. I'd like to get your points of view.
Thanks to all of you who will take the time to answer. :happy:
She sounds really unhealthy. And you're an ENFP according to your sidebar thingy. Hahaha. I think this is what my ENFP friend thinks of my ESTJ friend too. I don't know. I don't see them around each other all that much.

I think ESTJ and ENFJ could get along well as friends, but I doubt I can have any romantic relationship with them, since I don't feel strong connection more than friendship towards them.
Romantic relationships can still happen between them, though. I HAVE PROOF.

ESTJ and ENFJ, both like INTP, wierdly, yet they don't get each other well.
I agree they both like INTPs, but my IRL OTP (my ESTJ friend and my ENFJ friend) understand each other extremely well.

ESTJs and ENFJs are dynamic opposite codes - they are sources of "stress" for one another. If you know anything about whole type codes, all the natural behaviors of one are the unnatural behaviors of the other. While these two connecting may be difficult, it will end up being one of the most growth-filled relationships you will ever have if you are open to communication with one another. The differences between the two personalities will cause growth, again, if there is open communication. Otherwise, each will have a very hard time understanding the motives of the other.
I agree with this.

I realize this is an older thread. But I had to throw my 2 cents in :) I'm an ENFJ and my boyfriend is an ESTJ. We have been pretty serious for just over 6 months now. And I'm loving it. Yes he is direct and straight forward and yes...sometimes he makes me cry with how he says things...but I love his approach to life. I love how he always says what he thinks. If he really likes something, he'll let you know and on the other hand...if he really hates something, he lets you know then too. But I like it. He would do anything for his friends and loved ones if they needed help, he is so dependable. And he loves how affectionate, nurturing and encouraging I am. I think it's great to be able to work through our personality differences, cause you end up with something beautiful when you can love and accept someone else :) We just have to take the time to try and understand them.
Wait a minute... 6 months ago from when you posted this would've been around March... My IRL OTP started dating in April of that year... Hmm... ARE YOU HALF OF MY OTP? 0o0 Probably not. Hahaha.

Your relationship sounds a lot my ENFJ friend and my ESTJ friend. They actually helped each other get out of their depression. They've been dating for almost 3 years now and everyone knows they are going to get married one day. They even fight like an old married couple. It's adorable. THEY ARE PERFECTION. If anyone says any differently, I will slap them (mentally, because I don't want to get in trouble).

They're my favorite NFs. :) They're such genuinely positive people, but then it quickly gets to the point where I've had enough and I'm like...back off pls. Let me do whatever I was trying to do, k? Thx.
Your sidebar thingy says ENTJ. Hahaha. XD This sounds like something my ENTJ friend would say about our ENFJ friend. Hahaha. XD

In conclusion, ENFJs and ESTJs together are literal perfection together. DON'T TOUCH MY OTP.

xoxo ISFJ shipper

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I get along with ENFJs better than any of the other types which is weird looking at how different the functions are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts