Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have an ideas for possible mbti types of the evil within characters? For example Ruvik, Sebastian, Joseph, Juli, Leslie

Looking at their personalities,
Juli seems to focus on what she has to do in the now, and what will happen if she fails.
Joseph and sebastian kind of have opposing personalities, so they may have very different types possibly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
OK, not sure if my reply got up because of some spam bullshit, I'm doing this again.

Ruvik seems like an obvious Intj to me, maybe an Entj with his openness to sharing his memories. Jimenz is an ENTP to me, I just know, don't know how to explain my reasons for this. Julie seems to be a Infj, with her re-activity and also how she critically thinks her situations through. Joseph is an Enfj, again I don't know how to explain my reasons. Sebastian is an Istj/p, I can't quite decide is he's a J or a P. Leslie is very distrustful of people due to the experiences with past experiments and his mental instability, he in no way uses Si or Ti in his actions. It's always very brash and sensitive about his actions, not very thought out. Most definitely not a J, that speaks for it's self. Leslie is an Isfp. Recap:
Ruvik - INTJ/ENTJ
Jimenz - ENTP
Julie - INFJ
Joseph - ENFJ
Sebastian - ISTJ/P
Leslie - ISFP

Do you agree?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I agree with Ruvik being an xntj - he's a definite thinker and wants the overall good. (well not exactly overall good aha)
I agree mostly with everything - although I'm unsure on Sebastian's type like you are. J or P? Not sure aha.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well in a way Ruvik does want good. It's just incredibly fucked up. You have to remember that even before the fire, and being locked in a basement, he was mentally unstable. He wants revenge on the fanatic religious nuts that killed his sister and stole his father.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
(I put xntf instead of xntj I corrected it sorry about that)

Yeah I agree he wants good but he's doing it in a immoral way. I feel sympathy for him. He wants revenge for all the events that happened to him - he saw some horrific things and is very mentally unstable - I think he cut open animals from a young age? I'm not sure.
Yeah with the linking consciousness he wants the overall good that it could bring, unfortunately the way he goes about it isn't very moral. He definitely thinks long term.

I'm not sure about Julie's character. She seems to work with a secret organization that knows more about this situation. She may possibly be INTJ instead of INFJ because she seems to think critically - waying out the options rather than how she feels. She wants the hard truth it seems..

I also empathize a lot with leslie for a lot of reasons. His actions are interesting - he definitely reacts to external stimuli in a panic - but it's difficult to type him because he has mental illness. I agree with you ISFP makes sense. Leslie has premonition which is interesting.
This article seems to have a little bit of information about premonition
Carl Jung - Synchronicity
and
Dream - Jung's premonition of his mothers death

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not giving Ruvik any excuses, I can put myself in his place and see his reasons, doesn't mean I condone it (Do I sound condescending? I'm not too good at sounding nice through text). And I could definitely see Julie being an INTJ, now that you mention it. I never heard of premonition before, I wonder if there was a specific reason why Leslie has this, besides the whole obvious horror genre thing.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Don't worry you don't sound condescending :) I get worried that what I say will come across different too,
Yes I definitely condone what Ruvik has done, it doesn't excuse what he did but I can see why he did it.
I wonder that about Leslie too.
I've heard of premonition before but I haven't really looked into it.
"A well-known personality test, the Myers-Briggs Type Inventory (MBTI), has been used to identity individuals who are premonition prone. People who rank high on “extroversion” and “intuition” are likely to experience premonitions." Is There Really Such a Thing as Premonition That Foretells Future Events?
The Physiology of Psychic People and Psychic Ability | The Weiler Psi - "The anomalous sensitivity extends to emotions with psychic people being strongly associated with a high emotional sensitivity. In the Meyer Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) most psychic people fall into the INFJ and INFP categories. "

"Trauma, both from ordinary accidents and injury as well as abuse, including sexual, plays a part in psychic ability as well. Disassociation, which is a common psychological protective measure the mind institutes in the presence of intense pain, both mental and physical, is an altered state of consciousness. "
I know that Leslie was abandoned by his family, possibly in a traumatic way which led to mental illness but we don't know. I wonder why he was abandoned.

Also "Altered states of consciousness are a key factor in psychic experiences."
I wonder if Leslie's possibly psychic mind has something to do with Ruvik wanting them to link conciousness?

Leslie is a possible infp?.. I don't know haha. I wonder that too - maybe premonition somehow made his mind more compatible with Ruviks mind or maybe it has something to do with advanced consciousness.. it could mean so many things

(Also I'm don't mean to sound condescending too I just really like to analyze/discuss )

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm still pretty convinced that Leslie is an ISFP. Though I'm pretty sure he's Autistic, which would be an excuse for his family to dump him when he was younger, Mali the condition worse. Then the experiments can along, making it a lot worse. He's experienced a crap load of trauma for sure.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Joseph might be a perciever
In his journal Sebastian admits to believing that you sometimes have to "bend the rulebook a bit" in order to break a case. This apparently put him at odds with Juli Kidman who was opposed to such tactics.
He described as being the opposite of Juli
He seems to go by his owl rules which makes him a possible flexible person when it comes to dealing with situations.

Okay :) This is what I think so far as a possibility

Ruvik - INTJ
Jimenz - ENTP
Juli - INTJ
Joseph - ENFJ
Sebastian - ISTP
Leslie - ISFP

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah he seems to be a perciever, I'm still not entirely sure though, it does explain some of his actions a lot better.

Thinking about Leslie, he definitely seems to be sensing - he is sensitive to sound, lives in the moment, relies on experience of his past and is distrustful, he, in one scene, likes the feeling of rain on his face, (although some people speculate he was not himself and instead that this was ruvik in his body, since ruvik had no sense of touch from his burns and was now experiencing it for the first time in years)
in every situation he just goes with the flow and doesn't seem to think ahead, he goes with what he feels is best in that moment.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Exactly my thoughts. And I honestly never thought of the possibility of Leslie being possessed by Ruvik during the rain scene. It definitely makes more sense. He just seemed too mature and confident (?) during that scene to be normal Leslie. Same thing at the end of the game. He walked with purpose, no twitchy quirks or anything.

·
Registered
294 Posts
[breaks through a window] hello i heard you were talking abt tew mbti
both ruvik and leslie are gonna be HARD to type considering this system didn't start counting personality disorders or any mental illnesses at all--most of what we know now are just theories of how said external factors might affect their cognitive functions.
still the best best for leslie would be isfp, i agree. he's defs either dom or aux fi and third ni makes a lot of sense with the whole I See What You Can't See, adding se+ni combo to that sounds about right.
ruvik, that asshole. i joke a lot about his type being NiTx as in, main ni followed by SOMEHOW even te/ti because by order he should be using te (he's defs a ni user, no doubt) BUT, and this is my opinion, his monologues and every interaction gives me the ti vibe (they sound too comic relief villain speech, too xntp), but THE WHOLE GAME is about him trolling everyone by fulfilling his plan anyway which would point to ni dom. my headcanon order for him would be something like ni>ti>te>se(fight me inrl for sensor lean)>si>fi>ne>fe. if i had to be forced to make him fit into a type would be intj then entj, although his se vs fi to determine type is a bit odd and i'm all down for se over fi, ni still wins over te due to how the plot was managed SO THERE. but then again he's a psychopath which affects his feeler functions as you might know, so there's no use in trying to be accurate with him. or leslie at that.
i lit didn't pay attention to the rest. kidman has shadow si which implies that se is one of her most used functions but can we really type her when her memories were erased with the sole purpose of having an advantage in ruvik's game? uh huh. if you wanna go with it, she has to use se. and ni by extension. she seemed quite observant rather than jumping into things so not se dom, maybe third or fourth? i don't wanna type her as an inxj just yet though so i'd need more info on that. she also seemed more fe than fi anyway.
UHHH who else, i'll never agree with j joseph. he's fe but REALLY LOW, so i'm guessing 4th and an introvert defs which would leave him as either istp or intp, i prefer intp for him honestly (only because he reminds me of naoto from persona a bit lel)
jimenez jimenez... i had to force myself to remember who the hell. uhhh idr much about him but he seemed either fi or REALLY low fe, i can't tell much else about him. iirc his language was more ti than te? but he also seemed ni and not ne so idk about entp, you never know. si would make more sense than se, you can make your own conclusions out of that
SEBASTIAN......... he seems like the stereotypical istp protag but i'm not so sure about that. he does hold his si in a very shadow function way as well which would support the istp theory but THERE'S SOMETHING that doesn't quite make sense for me abt it. i can't see him as j type if that helps at all
THAT WAS LONG and idk who else, it's been awhile since i last played the game but at the very least i'm glad someone's discussing tew mbti :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts