Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm gonna nerd out here for a minute and talk about one of my favorite new book series. The Expanse is fantastic. I'm finishing book 3 now and am about to start book 4.
SyFy is going to be airing a live action series later this year. So...let's get to typing, shall we?

Holden-ESFP. Se dom- swashbuckler type. He went to space for the experience. He sleeps around (at least at the beginning). Clear Fi in his "free information" thinking. He cares about his and his own people above all others. He uses Te as well-facts are facts. They are obvious to him, but his morals overrides his logic on almost all counts. He hates killing, he hates people pushing others down. Inferior Ni is evident in his lack of foresight about his actions.
Miller-ISTJ if there has ever been an ISTJ. All of his thinking is colored by his past experiences (Si), and he expects things to happen the same way they did in the past. Te-he is rational and thinks clearly. He is black and white. Fi-unhealthy-he falls in love with someone over time that he shouldn't. He wants acceptance and love, but is held back in his emotions-he doesn't show them well. Inferior Ne-he thinks of the worst possible consequences for his actions.
Naomi-I could use help with this one. She's Fe and Ti for sure...the way she manipulates systems like she does and her ability to have incredibly deep knowledge of subjects is Ti. And her Fe is where she and Holden get into issues. But I don't know the rest for her for some reason.
Amos-ESTP. It's like they read and ESTP description and wrote Amos. Se-borderline heathenistic, loves a physical rush, very clued into his surroundings. He notices things others around him don't. Ti-he is the ship engineer, he tears things apart and easily puts them back together. Fe-he is caring, and open with how he feels about things. He doesn't hold back, but he's very charming. Inferior Ni-same thing as Holden. Poor concept of the large consequences of his actions.
Alex-xSTP. Laid back, lots of Se in his flight skills. Seems Ti/Fe-he has a warmth about him.
Fred-ENTJ. Strong Te, military strategy. Ni-he has a fantastic sense of what is going to happen, large thinker. Se-good at paying attention to the physical aspects of his surroundings. Fi-inferior, he doesn't respect his emotions-but I don't see many negative consequences for that at this point.
Avasalara-ESTJ. The most Te female ever. Says what she thinks. Brash and blunt, but very smart. Facts are facts, they are not to be argued. Si-she uses her past experience and knowledge of others to make her decisions. Ne-she can see connections between events and is good at determining the possibilities of an action. Fi-she is continually hurt by the death of her son, and she holds her family incredibly dear.
The rest I'm just going to say their type, and will discuss if needed.
Bobbie-ISTP.
Prax-INTP
Bull-ESTJ
Melba-Fucked up. No idea.
Julie-ISFP
Anna-INFJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Really stunned about your typing of Holden and Miller. Are they that much different in the books? Holden seems to be an ISTJ in the seriex, Miller an Se-Dom (probaly ESFP). I would type Alex as an laid back ESTP and Amos as an ISTP. That might seem odd, but if you look beyond the surface and ignore some extremes ESTP can be quite alid back.
I fully agree with your typing of Fred and Avasalara.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Never read the books, so from the show:

Holden: ISFP. Shoots Fi out his butt.
Miller: Unsure. ISTJ works, but really want to say some kind of ISxP.
Naomi: INFJ.
Amos: ESFP. Not sure about the books, but while he's mostly Se, he has a very Fi-Te outlook in the show.
Alex: ESTP.

Fred: ENTJ
Avasalara: ESTJ

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am really late to the party on this one I just started watching the show and I am on season 3. I never have read the books so I will just go off the show.

Holden- ESFP(Very high Fi, but definitely has Te and is very spontaneous.)
Miller- ISTJ(could be some other things, but this makes the most sense. He is dark, gritty, practical, realistic, and is a big old fashion person. He has moments where Ne looks pretty high, but that could just be his age allowing it to develop, because he seems to have Fi moments for sure mixed with high Si and Te.
Naomi- ENTP(could be wrong, but she seems to have high Ti and some moments of Fe so this seemed like it made the most sense.
Amos- ESTP(I think this one is pretty obvious, but he shows some growing Fe in the 3rd season)
Alex- ISFP or ISTP (leaning to ISFP because he tends to make emotional decisions, but he is very practical and easy going. He has a warmth to him and has moments of strong Ni when he needs to.
Avasalara- XSTJ or XNTJ( not really sure leading to ESTJ because of low Fi, but it’s still there and she comes across as less of a visionary and more of someone who learns using Si. If she is an ESTJ she is one of the best examples of one because she is one of the most strategic and intelligent characters in the series.)
Bobbie-ESTP maybe
Fred Johnson-ENTJ(seems pretty obvious)
Anna Volovodov- ENFJ(high Fe for sure and seems to have an Ni way of getting information, but ISFJ is possible too.)
Errinwright- INTJ(Absolutely an INTJ he is withdrawn, cold, calculating, big on hard evidence, and has a vision to be at the top no matter what.)
JP Mao- INFJ( similar to Errinwright, but he actually cares about the work and advancing humanity. He has a vision that seems very Ni-Fe).
Dr. Prax- INFP(this one is hard, but he seems to be extremely emotional and it is more Fi versus Fe and he comes up with solutions on the go very quickly, and there are moments of Si with him and his daughter.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts